Date: February 23rd, 2012 Author: Chat Noir
News Category: Final Fantasy XIII-2
Tags: Final Fantasy XIII-2, Sazh DLC, Sazh Katzroy, Serendipity
Previously announced to come out on the 28th this month, more screens and details regarding the DLC have been released.
The episode setting is in the casino Serendepity, and Sazh is said to be in search of his missing son, Dajh, for yet to be known reasons. Two new table games are to be added into the the casino’s minigames as we know of, one being Chrono Bind and the newly revealed Xanadu Poker (these are assumed to be the Japanese terms since the casino is called Xanadu in the Japanese game). Sazh will also encounter the travelling merchant Chocolina and will be asked by her to find some missing chocobos. More about their connection to each other will be revealed once the quest is completed.
The latest issue of Dengeki Playstation has a interview with XIII-2 Producer Yoshinori Kitase and Director Motomu Toriyama. The interviewed detailed various aspects about XIII-2.
* The game has been split into ‘Episodes’. Each one takes about 3 hours to complete, and is meant to help people who may be busy.
* The bonuses for the XIII Save Data include Special Decorations for your
* Like previously detailed, battles with DLC Monsters will take place in a special Colosseum area. The colosseum will also have a small part in the overall story.
* There will be an area of the world where you can check updates about released DLC.
* Along with the ability to save at any time, the game will also have a Auto-Save feature. It was included because of its popularity in overseas games. However, since its not completely obvious when it happens, the option to do a manual save at any time was included.
* Interestingly, Odin will be available as a recruitable monster. He is a boss monster for one of the game’s episodes, but it wasn’t said if this is where you can recruit it.
* After clearing the game, you’ll return to the opening area. Closing the Historia Crux gate there will unlock a ‘New Game Plus’ experience. This will help access all the items and paths available during the game, and obtaining items from different Live Trigger choices.
* Serah and Noel will start the game with only Commando, Ravager, and Sentinel roles available.
* When Dengeki asked about Sazh’s role in the game (you may recall he appeared in a trailer a few weeks ago), they answered ”Final Fantasy XIII-2 will continue after release, so look forward to later.” This could imply that Sazh will appear in DLC missions. This could mean thats there more than just Monsters and Costumes to look forward too.
Dengeki gave XIII-2 an ‘S’ ranking in their Buyer’s Guide. A normal numbered ranking out of 100 by reviewers will come later.
Square Enix Japan have started showing this new trailer on the BS11 Channel. Besides the neat Sazh reveal, it shows a new dragon enemy, and some motion capture and modelling stuff.
Theres.. really not too much else, i’m afraid.
Source: Final Fantasy XIII-2 WordPress