Date: August 27th, 2008 Author: Kitmitsu
News Category: Fabula Nova Crystallis
Tags: Fabula Nova Crystallis
Square-Enix have released, HD screenshots of both Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. The screenshots are the images seen in the latest issue of Famitsu. It’s nice to see Square-Enix actually releasing this media so early after the japan exclusive magazine has been released. Let’s hope this will turn into a trend.
Famitsu.com has posted the screenshots they included in their latest issue of Famitsu PS3. Although we have both the Final Fantasy XIII and Versus images from scans in higher resolutions, this is the first time they’ve been released as screenshots. The Agito ones have only been visible from a photo of the magazine prior to this. All of the images are in-engine.
Thanks to >Forever-Fantasy, we have some higher quality scanned images of the recent Famitsu Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII coverage. Before the Final Fantasy XIII images were only available as photographs on the page.
Final Fantasy XIII
It’s another one of those times where we wait and wait and then too much information comes out to process at once. The Famitsu PS3 DKΣ Report inevitably came out three days before it’s release date and with it came a lot of new information. Thanks to 2chan and Neogaf’s duckroll once again, as well as our forum member >RpgN, we can tell you some of the details.
Final Fantasy XIII
- The Final Fantasy XIII demo will be released on a separate disc to Advent Children: Complete, meaning that us outside Japan can import it without having to worry about region coding. It will be the entire opening of the game which should be 90 minutes of playtime.
- There are three new screenshots (since the Shonen-Jump scans), all of which are in-game including a Helghast look-alike holding up Lightning.
- Final Fantasy XIII will return to the old Final Fantasy turn-based system. This means you will control each of every party members turns with no Gambit system like FFXII.
- The story is being written so each main character feels like a protagonist instead of a supporting character.
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
- The world based in Final Fantasy Versus XIII worships a Shinigami (death god) which is designed by Yoshitaka Amano. A painting of this god can be seen in the bulding where the Prince and Skirt Girl meet.
- Like Nomura keeps saying, the clothing and cars will probably look different by the time the game is finished.
- Apparently the morale of the team working on the game is really high, which is always good to know.
The scene shown in the scans is apparently when the Prince and Skirt girl first meet.
- We should expect the characters to change outfits throughout the game.
- The Prince’s eye colour has been changed from Red to Blue.
- The names of the Prince and Skirt Girl will be revealed at this years Tokyo Game Show in October.
Final Fantasy Agito XIII
- The Agito team decided to move the game to Playstation Portable because they couldn’t wait for mobile phone technology to become more advanced.
- The battle system will still use turn-based combat but will be more focused on action. The game will be using a more high-speed version of Crisis Core’s ATB system.
- There will be multiple party members in this game.
Multiplayer was already confirmed when it was on mobile but now they have confirmed that 3 players can play together in Infrastructure mode.
- The Summon Odin can be seen in the Agito scan and the game will focus strongly around them. The summons are part of the character growth system and can also be controlled by players.
UPDATE: Some more details added thanks to Sabin.
Famitsu PS3 scans on Square Enix DKΣ1373 Party have finally emerged on the internet, displaying new images and possible information on the Fabula Nova Crystallis titles, including a small snippet on ‘The Third Birthday’ (Parasite Eve 3).
Thanks to forum member Ven for informing us on the new scans.
Hopefully we shall have higher quality scans and more pages from the Famitsu report available later on. Enjoy.
Our forum member >entity has translated the information in the Shonen Jump scans we found yesterday on 2chan. The translation helps explain what’s going on in the screenshots contained in the scans. I’ve added the text to the higher quality scans we posted earlier today. Some sentences are hard to understand but all the basic information is there. Shonen Jump seems to have a thing for exclamation marks.
Final Fantasy XIII Shonen Jump Scan Translated
Final Fantasy Versus and Agito XIII Shonen Jump Scan Translated
Much higher quality scans of the previously posted Final Fantasy XIII, Versus and Agito scans have surfaced. It’s still hard to say if the images from any of the games are real-time, but the Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Agito XIII images do look as though they’re most likely in-game.>
Final Fantasy XIII Shonen Jump Scan 1
Final Fantasy XIII Shonen Jump Scan 2
Thanks to nijpu for the tip.
The latest issue of Shonen Jump features some new images of Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Final Fantasy Agito XIII. These images seem to be from the latest trailers shown at Square-Enix’s recent DKΣ3713 event in Japan.
Although the scans are quite small in size, some of the images actually look like in-engine gameplay graphics, especially the Agito ones. We’ll have to wait for confirmation on this.
Famitsu has stated on their website that the next issue of Famitsu PS3 will contain a 38 page spread covering Square-Enix’s DKΣ1373 event. We can assume that there will be screenshots and information relating to all of the titles shown at the event including, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Final Fantasy Agito XIII. The issue is set to be released in Japan on August 19th. We’ll try our best to get the scans up for everyone to see.
Update: It’s Famitsu PS3, not Dengeki.
It looks like IGN has attended Square-Enix’s DKΣ1373 event and has written up descriptions of all the Fabula Nova Crystallis trailers shown. From what I can tell, the Final Fantasy XIII trailer is extended from the E3 2008 one and the Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Final Fantasy Agito XIII trailers are the same as the last ones they showed at Jump Festa in December (Versus one was leaked). There’s no need for me to re-write them so click “Read More” to see what IGN had to say.
Thanks to cas07 for pointing this out