Date: December 20th, 2011 Author: Rabla
News Category: Final Fantasy XIII-2
Tags: Costumes, DLC, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Lightning, Noel, Omega, Serah
Square Enix have released a trailer showing off five pieces of upcoming Downloadable Content for the recently released Final Fantasy XIII-2. Check it out below.
In order of appearance:
* Noel’s ‘Brave in Blaze’ Costume
* Serah’s ‘Evening Calm’ Costume
* Serah’s ‘Resort Style’ Costume
* Omega Colosseum Battle
* Lightning Colosseum Battle
The DLC boss Omega has finally been revealed in all its glory, and it’s looking good. In a nice callback, its XIII-2 design largely mirrors Omega’s original designs in its earliest appearances in the Final Fantasy series. Omega will be available as DLC in Japan, and in the west as a pre-order bonus from certain stores. Once the optional boss is defeated, it can be recruited into your party to fight by your side along with the other monsters you’ve collected throughout the game.
You may recall recently that there was an event in which S-E bigwigs answered several lingering questions about Type-0 and XIII-2. It seems that one more gem has emerged from the event, and that is a Q&A session in which producer Yoshinori Kitase confirmed that DLC will not only give us costumes and the monster Omega, but will also give us more story after the release of the game! No specifics were given, other than coy instruction to keep your eyes peeled after XIII-2 is released.
The latest issue of Dengeki Playstation has a interview with XIII-2 Producer Yoshinori Kitase and Director Motomu Toriyama. The interviewed detailed various aspects about XIII-2.
* The game has been split into ‘Episodes’. Each one takes about 3 hours to complete, and is meant to help people who may be busy.
* The bonuses for the XIII Save Data include Special Decorations for your
* Like previously detailed, battles with DLC Monsters will take place in a special Colosseum area. The colosseum will also have a small part in the overall story.
* There will be an area of the world where you can check updates about released DLC.
* Along with the ability to save at any time, the game will also have a Auto-Save feature. It was included because of its popularity in overseas games. However, since its not completely obvious when it happens, the option to do a manual save at any time was included.
* Interestingly, Odin will be available as a recruitable monster. He is a boss monster for one of the game’s episodes, but it wasn’t said if this is where you can recruit it.
* After clearing the game, you’ll return to the opening area. Closing the Historia Crux gate there will unlock a ‘New Game Plus’ experience. This will help access all the items and paths available during the game, and obtaining items from different Live Trigger choices.
* Serah and Noel will start the game with only Commando, Ravager, and Sentinel roles available.
* When Dengeki asked about Sazh’s role in the game (you may recall he appeared in a trailer a few weeks ago), they answered ”Final Fantasy XIII-2 will continue after release, so look forward to later.” This could imply that Sazh will appear in DLC missions. This could mean thats there more than just Monsters and Costumes to look forward too.
Dengeki gave XIII-2 an ‘S’ ranking in their Buyer’s Guide. A normal numbered ranking out of 100 by reviewers will come later.
Yes ladies and gentlemen, Costume A has won
and I am dissapointed in all of you. It beat Costume B, ‘Little Red Riding Hood’ by a massive difference, 16,927 votes to B’s 10,678.
Square Enix and AKB48 have confirmed that Yuko Oshima will be wearing the Exposure and Defense costume at the Final Fantasy XIII-2 Launch Event. Hope it’s not too cold.
The Exposure and Defense costume will be released over PSN and Xbox LIVE for Free, but the date of the release has not yet been set. We’ll let you know when it’s announced.
Just a general reminder to everyone, Square Enix’s competition to vote of one of the Serah Costumes designed by Yuko Oshima will be ending in three days! So if you haven’t got your vote in
or you want to go cheat a few votes in for Costume B then get to it!
Currently, the votes sit hugely in favour of Costume A, with 14419 votes, towering over Costume B which is at 9582.
Just a moment ago, the Square Enix Press Twitter account announced that Square Enix and Ubisoft were collaborating for a XIII-2 costume. Almost immediately after that, they tweeted that Final Fantasy XIII-2 would have an exclusive DLC costume from Assassin’s Creed Revelations.
As the above image shows this costume will be for Noel. Pricing and release date of the DLC has not been mentioned at this time.
Source: Square Enix Press Twitter
Pre-ordering from certain stores will get you a bonus weapon for Noel named as “Muramasa”. Described as a ” weapon of fey power, feared as the blade that will strike down time’s master.”, it will increase chain bonuses in battle as well. Muramasa can be seen below in its spear and sword modes.
Thanks to forum member Ramenzilla for the heads up!
Source: Square Enix Members Europe
The website to vote for your favourite of the two costumes for Serah that AKB48 member Yuko Oshima designed has opened earlier today.
For any non-Japanese speakers, all you have to do to vote is to click on the big button next to the picture with A or B in it. The two buttons in the top left on each costume are the Original Sketch, and the Proper Design.
Currently leading the vote is the rather stylish Military Suit, leading over Red Riding Hood by 2299 to 1591. The voting will be open until the 3rd of December.
Also an extra minor note, but Ms. Oshima will most likely be cosplaying the winning costume at the XIII-2 Launch Event.
The first pictures of Serah’s pre-order weapon have been released by Square Enix, with a few details about it. The angels bow drains HP from enemies as previously revealed, but it turns out the weapon will actually be available in the game without the need of a download code. The only difference is the weapon will be in a different colour. If this is true, it does bring into question the entire point of it.