Date: March 24th, 2011 Author: Ethan
News Category: Final Fantasy Type-0
Tags: Dengeki, Famitsu, Final Fantasy Type-0, Jump
Thanks to Andriasang.com we have a slew of new details from the big 3 magazines; Jump, Dengeki, and of course Famitsu.
To go along with the information on the Battle System we received back in January Dengeki and Famitsu both reveal more details on it including party details and new battle winning conditions such as killing off commanders before soldiers in order to win battles faster.
Both Jump and Famitsu also expand upon the information on the schools of the world of Orience. Each country has a school that controls the crystals and specializes in something. The school where all the main students we’ve seen so far in trailer are of course from the magic based school The Suzaku Peristylium.
More information about the student characters you’ll be playing with such as Ace, Nine, and Queen have also been revealed as highlighted in the previous post.
You can view all of this information and even more in the link below.
The Dengeki Final Fantasy Versus XIII scans have leaked their way onto the internet and with them comes new gameplay screenshots. These scans don’t include the interview but it’s most likely there won’t be any new details as all the information was leaked prior to their release.
The new screenshots include Noctis wealding a new lance type weapon which some have described as a “Pile Bunker”, a common weapon in other Square Enix titles. See the scans below. We’ll upload higher quality versions once they become available.
As well as the other Fabula Nova Crystallis titles, Final Fantasy Type-0 will have new details revealed in this weeks Dengeki. The article will comprise of a four page spread with an additional page dedicated to an interview with Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama. Here are the new details for Type-0 that have leaked out so far.
• The keyword for the battle system is “Magic in Action.” While you have weapons, magic is main.
• A main concept is “It’s not necessary for everyone to gather.” The game has a multiplayer system that can be enjoyed by • solo players too.
• You can join other players’ games for three minutes. While you can extend this, Type-0 is not the type of game where you play together with other players continuously.
• The game will have 12+2 main characters. This means that in addition to the 12 main characters, there will be two characters, Makina and Rem, in a different framework. These 12+2 characters will be your controllable party.
• You can have up to three characters out in battle simultaneously. Once someone dies, other members will come out to help.
• Until you come to the battle field, you move around the world map and execute a strategy.
• As you play on your own, other players will gradually take part in the battle.
• When you help other players, you earn points.
• In general, your full party heads to the battle field together.
Update – Extended version: Andriasang
With Dengeki and Famitsu both coming out with new Fabula Nova Crystallis articles this week, it was inevitable that information would leak out early. Final Fantasy XIII-2 will be covered in a two page spread in this weeks Dengeki with a one page interview with director Motomu Toriyama and producer Yoshinori Kitase. Here are the key details covered in the article that have been leaked so far.
• XIII-2′s story begins in Gran Pulse after the ending of XIII.
• The story will feel like it expands out from the after story that was included in the booklet with Xbox 360′s Final Fantasy XIII International.
• Outside of Lightning, other characters will appear in the game in unexpected forms. Some will see major changes.
• XIII-2 is a full sequel. You’ll learn some of the things that took place in the background scenes of XIII.
• The story will be more dark and mysterious than XIII’s.
• The story will focus on the goddess Etro.
• The game will not have the pop feel of Final Fantasy X-2
• The battle system will be an evolved form of XIII’s ATB system.
• They’re listening to opinions both inside and outside of Square Enix and from outside of Japan regarding characters, story and interface.
• There may be a difficulty setting.
UPDATE: Extended Version – Andriasang