Date: May 24th, 2011 Author: Agent Dunham
News Category: Final Fantasy Type-0
Tags: Characters, Dengeki, Final Fantasy Type-0, Scans
Issue 495 of Dengeki PlayStation has featured an article on Final Fantasy Type-0 which reveals two new characters.
Alongside King and Sice from the recent Jump reveal, Dengeki details the characters Eight and Arecia Al-Rashia. Eight is a red-headed youth specialising in hand-to-hand combat. Arecia heads up the magic division for Suzaku. She is said to have particularly notable chesty appendages and glasses, bringing to mind Jihl Nabaat from Final Fantasy XIII.
The magazine also touched on the role of Gilgamesh in the game. Gilgamesh is a l’Cie to the Genbu crystal and seems to have forgotten the mission imposed on him. Nevertheless, he seems rather content to attempt to lay some smackdown on the game’s young heroes, appearing as a massive boss.
Dengeki detailed various aspects of the gameplay as well, including the game’s Active World Map. The Active World Map is a system where various areas will come under attack and the player can assist in defending against invaders (not the space kind… as far as we know). As one example of a map mission, you may be instructed to take over an enemy stronghold in a city. Upon your victory, you’ll be able to make use of the amenities offered by the city, such as shops.
Continuing the relative blowout of information, Dengeki reveals that during missions, you may receive Special Orders, additional objectives that yield special rewards when completed. On the other hand, if you fail, then you get the very, very special reward of death. Fortunately, you will not automatically be obligated to the orders, with the opportunity to reject them being present.
Finally, two battle features known as Kill Sight and Break Sight. Time an attack just right against an enemy with a red target and they will be instantly defeated. This is Kill Sight. Break Sight features a yellow target and, while not killing the enemy, it will cause heavy damage.
Type-0 is beginning to show its immensely ambitious nature. Those 2 UMDs make so much more sense now. It looks as if the PSP is going to go out with a bang. Or that could just be you failing a Special Order.
Edit 25/5: And now some scans – meaning photos – of Eight, Arecia and Gilgamesh have made their way onto 2channel. These are from issue 1173 of Weekly Famitsu, which has run a similar story to Dengeki PlayStation.
Thanks to Andriasang.com we have a slew of new details from the big 3 magazines; Jump, Dengeki, and of course Famitsu.
To go along with the information on the Battle System we received back in January Dengeki and Famitsu both reveal more details on it including party details and new battle winning conditions such as killing off commanders before soldiers in order to win battles faster.
Both Jump and Famitsu also expand upon the information on the schools of the world of Orience. Each country has a school that controls the crystals and specializes in something. The school where all the main students we’ve seen so far in trailer are of course from the magic based school The Suzaku Peristylium.
More information about the student characters you’ll be playing with such as Ace, Nine, and Queen have also been revealed as highlighted in the previous post.
You can view all of this information and even more in the link below.
The Dengeki Final Fantasy Versus XIII scans have leaked their way onto the internet and with them comes new gameplay screenshots. These scans don’t include the interview but it’s most likely there won’t be any new details as all the information was leaked prior to their release.
The new screenshots include Noctis wealding a new lance type weapon which some have described as a “Pile Bunker”, a common weapon in other Square Enix titles. See the scans below. We’ll upload higher quality versions once they become available.
As well as the other Fabula Nova Crystallis titles, Final Fantasy Type-0 will have new details revealed in this weeks Dengeki. The article will comprise of a four page spread with an additional page dedicated to an interview with Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama. Here are the new details for Type-0 that have leaked out so far.
• The keyword for the battle system is “Magic in Action.” While you have weapons, magic is main.
• A main concept is “It’s not necessary for everyone to gather.” The game has a multiplayer system that can be enjoyed by • solo players too.
• You can join other players’ games for three minutes. While you can extend this, Type-0 is not the type of game where you play together with other players continuously.
• The game will have 12+2 main characters. This means that in addition to the 12 main characters, there will be two characters, Makina and Rem, in a different framework. These 12+2 characters will be your controllable party.
• You can have up to three characters out in battle simultaneously. Once someone dies, other members will come out to help.
• Until you come to the battle field, you move around the world map and execute a strategy.
• As you play on your own, other players will gradually take part in the battle.
• When you help other players, you earn points.
• In general, your full party heads to the battle field together.
Update – Extended version: Andriasang
With Dengeki and Famitsu both coming out with new Fabula Nova Crystallis articles this week, it was inevitable that information would leak out early. Final Fantasy XIII-2 will be covered in a two page spread in this weeks Dengeki with a one page interview with director Motomu Toriyama and producer Yoshinori Kitase. Here are the key details covered in the article that have been leaked so far.
• XIII-2′s story begins in Gran Pulse after the ending of XIII.
• The story will feel like it expands out from the after story that was included in the booklet with Xbox 360′s Final Fantasy XIII International.
• Outside of Lightning, other characters will appear in the game in unexpected forms. Some will see major changes.
• XIII-2 is a full sequel. You’ll learn some of the things that took place in the background scenes of XIII.
• The story will be more dark and mysterious than XIII’s.
• The story will focus on the goddess Etro.
• The game will not have the pop feel of Final Fantasy X-2
• The battle system will be an evolved form of XIII’s ATB system.
• They’re listening to opinions both inside and outside of Square Enix and from outside of Japan regarding characters, story and interface.
• There may be a difficulty setting.
UPDATE: Extended Version – Andriasang