Date: July 5th, 2011 Author: Kitmitsu
News Category: Final Fantasy Type-0
Tags: Delayed, Famitsu, Final Fantasy Type-0, Release Date
With the latest issue of Famitsu comes a ton of new information on Final Fantasy Type-0 in the way of an interview with Hajime Tabata and Tetsuya Nomura. There are many small details which I will summarise below.
• The game is approximately 30 to 40 hours long with up to 100 hours of play time to complete the game fully.
• Type-0 is 80% complete but has been delayed from summer until “the season of red leaves”.
• Development issues with the multiplayer side of the game have caused the delay, mainly because of the Playstation Network outage which only returned to 100% this week in Japan.
• There will be a music tie-in like many Square Enix games.
• A downloadable version is being looked into, as well as an overseas version.
• The player will be able to turn multiplayer on or off in the games settings. You never need to use the multiplayer. If set to on however, players will be able to come into a hosts game to aid you by searching through a list of available hosts.
• The multiplayer component doesn’t last long. Reaching a save point kicks the other player out of your game. There is also a time limit in case a save point isn’t reached but this can be extended by helping the host player.
• The game will be connected to Square Enix Members allowing you to share stats with other members. This data will also be displayed during loading screens.
• Triangle is your character’s standard attack, X is for defensive magic and Square and Circle can be assigned to attacks and magic. The left shoulder button plus a directional button will swap the character you’re controlling.
• The game will also have some “fighting-game” type mechanics such as move cancelling.
• Weapons will change stats during different weather conditions e.g. lower firing range during windy or rainy conditions. Summons will also react to weather such as Shiva who will be stronger in snowy conditions.
• The game has 14 main characters but at one point it had 40.
• Characters from outside Class Zero will also team up with you during missions and will wear different coloured cloaks.