Date: April 1st, 2012 Author: Whiplash
News Category: Site News
Tags: April Fool's Day, blasting across the alkaline flats in a jet-powered monkey navigated, Whiplash
Despite the clues I dropped throughout, I still managed to get some of you this year. Yes, Nomura has not said anything about Versus being via DLC (but it was just crazy enough to work as an April Fool’s). Remember, it may be 31 March in your neck of the woods, but some of us live a day in the future.
Things you may also have missed that would have alerted you to this:
- The tags included ‘Legitimate’ and the alt text was “totally legit guys, I swear”. Yes, I lied in alt text. If anyone needs me, I’ll be in confession.
- How often do I post news? Come on!
- BlankChocobo is given a translation credit, despite not having been seen since aught-nine (this one was only for the forum members, really)
- As the particularly dedicated amongst you pointed out, this was the wrong day of the week for a Famitsu leak
- Finally, and most of all, the entire interview was shopped in my broken Japanese (can you believe they never taught me how to say you masturbate to something?) onto an old scan. Had anyone attempted to translate it themselves, it should have been clear that this was not an actual interview; to the best of my knowledge, Tetsuya Nomura does not have a hatred of cows. Head over to the forums for a full transcript of what I was attempting to say.
- Even if you didn’t have a Japanese dictionary handy, the last third of the interview was just copy/pasted from the first third.
Well, that was fun. I’d like to thank staff member Death Penalty for helping me do this, instead of that idea for Versus-themed milk I had. See you next year, folks! By the way, I’ve heard a rumour that there’s a cheat in XIII-2 that turns all your characters into cats, except the moogle.