Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Fabula Nova Crystallis > Final Fantasy XIII
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Jan 21 2010, 03:24 AM   #41
Falsate
Ixion

Gil: 300 [Donate]

@Tuxedo Kamen
Quote:
Hamauzu's latest score Final Fantasy XIII is likely to make him a blockbuster name in the industry and has already been subjected to rave reviews. Its official soundtrack will be released on January 27. Though he completed the music for the Japanese game last year, he has recently been involved in development of the soundtrack for the international version of the game. Hamauzu's future destination remains to be confirmed.
Which means he is working on the soundtrack for the overseas version. Not that there is an actual 'International Version', but there is a Limited Edition.
Falsate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21 2010, 04:11 AM   #42
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,350 [Donate]

Falsate: Dream Smasher.

Blockbuster movie, yes?

When I first read that article, I was just waiting for someone to misinterpret it.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21 2010, 04:28 AM   #43
Blackwing
woahs

Gil: 600 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Kamen View Post
I'm sure will be INTERNATIONAL version, as always. The real question it's if will be released in US/EU territories like SO4 INTERNATIONAL. I think YES too.
No doubt there will be a FFXIII Int. version eventually, but the chances of it being released outside Japan are slim to none. The reason SO4 Int. is being released in US/EU territories is because the original game was supposed to be an Xbox 360 exclusive (even in Japan), so SO4 for the PS3 never existed anywhere. Now they are planning to release a new version for the PS3 with some extra content (I'm guessing) so that the PS3 owners will be able to play it.

The problem with FFXIII is that it's already a multi-platform game, and seeing as the the US/EU territories will all be getting both versions, it's unlikely that we will get a third or fourth version in the future. It's the same reason why KH RE:CoM got a US release but KH2:FM+ never did.

Anyway I'm pretty sure that FFXIII Int. will be exclusive to Japan, just like all the other FF Int. versions that came before it.
Blackwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21 2010, 04:52 AM   #44
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
No doubt there will be a FFXIII Int. version eventually
You must know something Square Enix doesn't, because they've said there's no plans due to no time nor desire to make changes.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Old Jan 21 2010, 05:30 AM   #45
Tuxedo Kamen
Moogle

Gil: 0 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falsate View Post
@Tuxedo Kamen

Which means he is working on the soundtrack for the overseas version. Not that there is an actual 'International Version', but there is a Limited Edition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Шую View Post
Falsate: Dream Smasher.

Blockbuster movie, yes?

When I first read that article, I was just waiting for someone to misinterpret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Шую View Post
You must know something Square Enix doesn't, because they've said there's no plans due to no time nor desire to make changes.
I didn't misinterpreted anything i'm not so simple-minded. If both of you know FF series, you will know every single change made to overseas version means content later added to the international version. FFXIII will have several differences between japanese and overseas version starting with 3 japanese vocals music tracks, and some minor readjusts due to a summer enqueue by Square-Enix to western audiences.

So like Terra says:

Quote:
No doubt there will be a FFXIII Int. version eventually, but the chances of it being released outside Japan are slim to none. The reason SO4 Int. is being released in US/EU territories is because the original game was supposed to be an Xbox 360 exclusive (even in Japan), so SO4 for the PS3 never existed anywhere. Now they are planning to release a new version for the PS3 with some extra content (I'm guessing) so that the PS3 owners will be able to play it.

The problem with FFXIII is that it's already a multi-platform game, and seeing as the the US/EU territories will all be getting both versions, it's unlikely that we will get a third or fourth version in the future. It's the same reason why KH RE:CoM got a US release but KH2:FM+ never did.

Anyway I'm pretty sure that FFXIII Int. will be exclusive to Japan, just like all the other FF Int. versions that came before it.
There is huge chances that will happen, but i think critics by deleted content due to DVD disc space may do Square to fix it via DLC of course, and later if there is enough demand release it like SO4 (so i hope so)
Tuxedo Kamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21 2010, 05:35 AM   #46
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Previous Final Fantasy games don't set the precedent, believe it or not. What changes are there going to be, besides swapping songs and translating the bloody thing to English and however many languages are going to be on the EU version? And why would Japan swap their shitty Japanese pop song - which they don't think is shitty, they're into that sort of thing - for a slightly less shitty British reality show woman's song?

Old Jan 21 2010, 05:37 AM   #47
Thula
Peanut Butterless

Western version come less than 3 months after the japanese one, and SE stated last week that it's already completed an waiting for approval, so chances are there is not enough extra content to justify international version.
Old Jan 21 2010, 10:54 AM   #48
Tuxedo Kamen
Moogle

You don't understand me, the INTERNATIONAL version probably it's going to have "the same some minor changes and adjustments of the overseas version" but a INTERNATIONAL version never have only that, because its very few content, and nobody would buy it.

INTERNATIONAL version always have extra content EVEN not included in overseas version, this is the thing justify the buy:

INTERNATIONAL = overseas content + new extra content.

The explanation of the delay in western to include extra content on overseas edition, to later add it to INTERNATIONAL it's an excuse, they know if they want to sell twice same game to Japanese, they need to add new material plus the overseas content.

We know that:

Quote:
Apparently, the design team created a full area surrounding Lightning's home. This area resembled a park. There was also a secret base for resistance group Nora inside a shop somewhere. Nautiuls Park, an amusement facility, at one point also included a zoo.The content was already running on actual PS3 hardware, it seems, but was left out due to considerations for game volume and overall game balanace.
So here there are enough deleted content to put on DLC + new extra content + overseas content + Japanese content, and then repackage it and sell INTERNATIONAL version to both Japanese and western people.

The question is if they would sell it to western people who wants Japanese content too.

We have the precedent of:
THE LAST REMNANT (PC) and STAR OCEAN 4 INTERNATIONAL: Japanese content + overseas content + new extra content, and multilanguage text (JP/EN/FR/GE/IT/SP), perfect for both Japanese and western people.

Both games made before FFXIII, maybe Square-Enix its open-minding and starting to think in WORLWIDE editions, of course this have a price "buy twice same game" but it's ok for me.
Old Jan 21 2010, 11:05 AM   #49
Falsate
Ixion

I've only managed to condense a rather small portion of the above into something sensable.
Old Jan 21 2010, 11:11 AM   #50
Blackwing
woahs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyko View Post
Western version come less than 3 months after the japanese one, and SE stated last week that it's already completed an waiting for approval, so chances are there is not enough extra content to justify international version.
There are games that still get re-released in Japan even when there aren't any addional stuff in the overseas versions, KH2 comes to mind...

I think the reason SE is denying an Int. version at the moment is because they're still unsure of whether they want it, especially since FFXIII just came out not long ago, they don't want to make any promises so early. They can always change their mind sometime in the future, and no one will complain that they'll be getting something extra. If they make the promise now and then for some reason have to cancel it in the future, the fans won't be happy. They're playing it safe by denying it at the moment.
Old Jan 21 2010, 11:39 AM   #51
Saabon
":D"

They didn't say they won't be making an INT version, EVER. Just ATM.

Even if they did said that, no one can do anything if they change their mind.

Last edited by Saabon; Jan 21 2010 at 11:43 AM..
Saabon is offline   Send a message via MSN to Saabon Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21 2010, 03:05 PM   #52
DarkMind
Resident FF Noob

Does it really matter whether we think an international edition will be released? At the end of the day, there has been no explicit confirmation (the quoted thing doesn't really count - it could be interpreted in many ways, and could have stemmed from a translation in the first place) and so no reason to believe that such a thing will or will not occur...

I'm just trying to pull off a Schrodinger's cat to try to console myself that the possibility of an international edition can exist as long as it has not been set in stone
DarkMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21 2010, 05:47 PM   #53
Tuxedo Kamen
Moogle

Quote:
There are games that still get re-released in Japan even when there aren't any addional stuff in the overseas versions, KH2 comes to mind...

I think the reason SE is denying an Int. version at the moment is because they're still unsure of whether they want it, especially since FFXIII just came out not long ago, they don't want to make any promises so early. They can always change their mind sometime in the future, and no one will complain that they'll be getting something extra. If they make the promise now and then for some reason have to cancel it in the future, the fans won't be happy. They're playing it safe by denying it at the moment.
I'm agree with that, makes sense for me.
Old Jan 21 2010, 06:22 PM   #54
Thula
Peanut Butterless

Quote:

Aha. You make it sound like SE cares about fan reactions. If they had wanted to play safe they wouldn't have metioned Int. version to begin with.
So, let me reassume this whole topic: I WANT THE INTERNATIONAL VERSION, BUT I CAN'T JUST ACCEPT THE FACT SE SAID THERE WON'T BE ONE, SO I'M MAKING THEORIES AND SPECULATIONS.
Old Jan 22 2010, 02:38 AM   #55
Blackwing
woahs

Kitase didn't just mention it out of nowhere, the topic was brought up during an interview, and he could either confirm or deny it.

Decisions can change (they always do) and it's a bit early to rule out the possibility.

And what else did you expect to find in a topic like this other than theories and speculations?
Old Feb 16 2010, 09:41 PM   #56
Tuxedo Kamen
Moogle

Default FINAL FANTASY XIII INTERNATIONAL?

Probably a fake but there it is.

A cover it seems just like FINAL FANTASY XIII INTERNATIONAL.

I found it on http://www.ffring.com/news/FFXIII-de...ec12cdafa.html

An user named Maxwell posted it. So, any comments?

Old Feb 16 2010, 09:52 PM   #57
Falsate
Ixion

Not happening.
Old Feb 16 2010, 11:20 PM   #58
Tuxedo Kamen
Moogle

Why are you so sure?
Old Feb 17 2010, 04:30 AM   #59
CrimsonSquall
Crimsondueler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Kamen View Post
Why are you so sure?
This is hilarious especially if hes serious
"Think what you want... Reality isn't so kind. Everything doesn't work out the way you want it to. That's why... As long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything... You feel less pain. Anyway, whatever wish you have is none of my business."
CrimsonSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17 2010, 04:49 AM   #60
Falsate
Ixion

Yes, I am serious.