Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Community > Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Jan 12 2008, 02:32 PM   #1
Dark Slayer
Enigmatic Shadow

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default I am Legend

To anyone who watched this movie, share your comments but avoid spoiling the details. I think this movie is kinda sad. After all he had been through, its a bit sad, but I don't really like the story. I hate the ending
Old Jan 12 2008, 02:44 PM   #2
Käthe
Kilika Whale

Gil: 600 [Donate]

I hated the ending, there could of been numerous other ways to end it, but they did it that way >_>...
DAMN THEM!
But yea, it was a good movie, besides that bastard ending which just completely spoiled the movie.
Käthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12 2008, 02:54 PM   #3
Nagadick
I bring love

They ended it in such a cliche hollywood way...patheticly lazy writing if you ask me. Film could have been good but it seemed rushed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square Enix View Post
Yeah... Where was my apparent lack of knowledge, when I mentioned the stars lightyears away?
Nagadick is offline   Send a message via MSN to Nagadick Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12 2008, 03:04 PM   #4
Dark Slayer
Enigmatic Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagase View Post
They ended it in such a cliche hollywood way...patheticly lazy writing if you ask me. Film could have been good but it seemed rushed.
Yeah. Talk about being an anti climax. I was expecting to be a bit scary but it looks weird to me. In the end of the story, I thought that maybe he's just an instrument
Old Jan 12 2008, 03:10 PM   #5
Patsie
Bury Me

Good throughout, bad ending.

It was kinda boring at times too, but hey, he's the only guy left on the planet and has a dog, why won't it be boring in some situations
Patsie is offline   Send a message via MSN to Patsie Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12 2008, 03:42 PM   #6
Dark Remnant
I'm nothing but a beast

Gil: 300 [Donate]

I'm not really desperate to see it. I've heard a lot of good things but I'll probably just wait until the DVD release, it doesn't look that good to me.

The hardest thing you'll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return

Dark Remnant is offline   Send a message via MSN to Dark Remnant Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12 2008, 05:20 PM   #7
Rophe
Crumpets > Scones

I have yet to watch it and it sounds good from what I have heard though it apparently deviates wilfly from the book and its point.

The whole point of the book is about the 'Still Living' who have been removed enitirely it seems.
Rophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12 2008, 07:53 PM   #8
Nagadick
I bring love

Watch "The Invasion" with Nicole and Daniel, it's much better ;D

Quote:
Yeah... Where was my apparent lack of knowledge, when I mentioned the stars lightyears away?
Old Jan 12 2008, 09:57 PM   #9
Slim__Cognito
Got brainjacked

i loved the movie, AND the ending thats right i said it.. it was better than the usual main character=super human.. they werent afraid to
Spoiler:
kill some characters off
made it more hard hitting and realistic

-"...will feeling pain make me complete?"
Slim__Cognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13 2008, 12:04 AM   #10
ZidaneFC
1st Disciple of Mao

Yeah, I loved the movie. It was the first movie in awhile that actually made me sad. I didn't mind the ending at all, didn't suck to me. Could've been a better ending of course but that could be said about any movie ending. I liked the short scene with the lions though, to bad they weren't real.
Old Jan 13 2008, 01:37 AM   #11
ozonez
Gan ni niang

The book is alot more saddening, for example in the book the mutants can speak and yell torments at him from outside his house (they know where he lives) the women also put themselves into sexual positions to try to lure him out. This digs into his head as he can't get the women out of his head.

The film is based off a book btw.

Did anyone actually get the symbology in the film, the whole "if this happened to us RIGHT NOW we would be fucked" i mean the fucking eye scanner didn't even work properlly, think of all the people who got passed who were diseased and all the people who got held back who were. The whole blowing up of the bridge, totally drastic and would happen these days. The whole point of the film is a "we aren't protected from ourselves"

The traps in the film however are AMAZINGLY impossible, he steps for a trigger which then tips a car over the edge of a bridge...HOW? the car plus his weight is then supported by something...which could only be a crane...in the middle of new york. Will Smith did awesome but the woman was crap and the kid seemed pointless.
Old Jan 13 2008, 06:37 AM   #12
Hakimichi
Moomba

Well if the ending is not what in the movie then he would be the legend right?
I think it was right way to end it.

and I don't think it was much of an action movie it more of a drama/triller type.

my photography pic
http://hakimichi.deviantart.com/

my Sig, avatar & photography site
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hakimichi/

Tat online streaming site for Anime
http://animexp.com/home/
Hakimichi is offline   Send a message via Yahoo to Hakimichi Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13 2008, 10:29 AM   #13
Misschoco
Ifrit

i heard the ending was pretty crap-and that he ends up strangling a dog-really can anything interesting happen when your the only friggin one alive in a movie-i was still freaked out by the story just by watching the trailer though

Last edited by Misschoco; Jan 13 2008 at 10:32 AM..
Misschoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13 2008, 01:00 PM   #14
ozonez
Gan ni niang

Quote:
Originally Posted by misschoco17 View Post
i heard the ending was pretty crap-and that he ends up strangling a dog-really can anything interesting happen when your the only friggin one alive in a movie-i was still freaked out by the story just by watching the trailer though
The strangling of the dog scene is probably the only bit i actually REALLY liked purely because will smith plays it so well and the dog is cool. Its sad to see it die. The ending isn't him strangling a dog tho.
Old Jan 14 2008, 12:19 AM   #15
Xelien_5.0
Teh Typomastar

Where r le Vampires! and Ruth! Pfft i liked teh way the book ended better, and there was too many people alive at teh end off teh movie to make it seem real.

Ending was weak, movie was fairly good, and i liked teh spoof of a superman & batman movie on one of teh posters.

Xelien_5.0 is offline   Send a message via AIM to Xelien_5.0 Send a message via MSN to Xelien_5.0 Send a message via Yahoo to Xelien_5.0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14 2008, 01:05 AM   #16
Nagadick
I bring love

Quote:
i loved the movie, AND the ending thats right i said it.. it was better than the usual main character=super human.. they werent afraid to
Spoiler:
kill some characters off
made it more hard hitting and realistic
Hard hitting and realistic? First of all, its becoming predicatable and VERY repetitive for Hollywood to keep killing off main characters. This means that seeing a main character die isn't sad, it's just something to expect. And secondly, how was it realistic? He was one of the only people who could have found a cure and he Jihad'd himself with a frag grenade! I mean wtf, he could have easily escaped but Hollywood was like "SHIT NOE THAT WOULDN'T BE CLICHE ENOUGH LULZ".

It used to be cliche that the main character always lived but they were genereally shit movies. The movies where good guys died were usually the good ones, for example, Leon or as you americans call it "The Proffesional" with Jean Reno. Now Hollywood have realised this and have suddenly began killing off main characters because its supposedly unexpected yet they've done it so much that it's become obvious in every movie.

I didn't even find Legends ending sad...If anything I found it pathetic as it was pointless and could have been avoided.

Now, films like Green Mile, The Last Samurai and The Professional are properly sad movies because the characters you liked were killed for a reason. This time, they just did it for the hollywood effect which failed miserably. I'm not sure how and if he dies in the book but I'm pretty sure the writer would have thought of something a shit load better than doing a Running jumping naruto style Jihad move for an utterly pointless reason.

Quote:
Old Jan 14 2008, 02:52 AM   #17
aldo
Slice of ham

;;
Sammy.
<3

Deprivation of human contact can be a bitch, apparently.

aldo is offline   Send a message via AIM to aldo Send a message via MSN to aldo Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14 2008, 02:56 AM   #18
Aquaman
A dark, dark boy.

Gil: 620 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagase View Post
The Last Samurai are properly sad movies because the characters you liked were killed for a reason.
The Last Samurai was an awesome movie.
Aquaman is offline   Send a message via MSN to Aquaman Send a message via Skype™ to Aquaman Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14 2008, 01:58 PM   #19
Dark Slayer
Enigmatic Shadow

Yeah the last samurai. Liked the movie.

Its seemed confusing about that trap because I mean how can they be smart if their brains are already messed up and when he was about to die, he kept yelling the he can cure them but they coudn't understand. Kinda weird or maybe they're just pretending as if they're dumb when they are smart enough to lay a trap
Old Jan 19 2008, 12:58 AM   #20
Dark Vincent
Crimson

I liked the movie and didn't have anything to complain about the ending. Could have been a bit better, but still.
There were some parts I could actually feel for the guy >.<

Dark Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote