Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Network > Fabula Nova Crystallis News
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Feb 27 2012, 10:19 PM   #61
neo0031
Sometimes Here

Gil: 725 [Donate]

Unless some review say that this episode DLC contains some REAL plot regarding the XIII-2 story, I think I'll save my money on costumes or the next episode DLC.
neo0031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28 2012, 02:44 AM   #62

Gil: 1,965 [Donate]

"I hope you havenít forgotten my role in this little story.

Iím the leading man.

You know what they say about the leading man?

He never dies.
"

-Balthier from Final Fantasy XII

Ffamran mied Bunansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28 2012, 02:52 AM   #63
NekoEiko
Moogle

Gil: 10 [Donate]

Call me a sucker but I think I'm going to jump in feet first and just get it tomorrow. Never know until you try. Someone's gonna be the fool and I'm willing to accept that it just might be me.
NekoEiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28 2012, 08:11 AM   #64
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Gil: 1,820 [Donate]

Sazh DLC Trailer: Heads Or Tails

HQ versions should come out anytime soon. Stay tuned.

Last edited by Chat Noir; Feb 28 2012 at 08:59 AM..
Chat Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28 2012, 09:04 AM   #65
Sentinel Prime
Autobot Defector

Gil: 750 [Donate]

Granted this DLC is probably going to be pretty lame imo, but I hope to god he has haste.
Sentinel Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28 2012, 06:16 PM   #66
Appie
Cactuar

Gil: 30 [Donate]

Well going by some dude on gamefaqs, he doesn't have Haste
Quote:
I thought I would be nice to share some info with you guys, over at the state-side.

Sazh, Enhancer. He can grow up to lvl 45.
Has a starting ATB of 4, has 2 Crystarium Level Up bonuses, which can make him 6 ATB if you wish.

Upgraded Stats at lvl 45 were
773 Str
635 Mag
9129 HP

(I am assuming the player fed him Potents all the way through, but I am unsure as it was not mentioned)

His abilities are:
Critical Haste
Rare Item Finder +
Feral Speed II
Enhancement Boost (I forget the name in English, but the ability where the SYN duration are lengthened).

He Learns:
Brave
Protect
Shell
Vigilance
Vegil
Brave-ga
Vigilance-ga (or Guts/Gutsga)
Faith
Enfire
Enthunder
Enaero
Enblizzard
Boon

His Synchodrive/Feral Attack is, as you guessed, Cold Blood. So no haste...

To get Sazh, you will need to collect 40 Fortune Medals, which I am guessing you win or find them in the DLC, and you talk to the Master/Owner of Serendipity. The DLC gate is located on the empty gate on the bottom of the leftmost Colosseum.

You can only play as Sazh in this DLC, no Serah or Noel action. Also, the Serendipity in the game still does not allow you to play the poker-game - but the original writer of this little info-package speculates that once you beat the story in DLC, it should unlock. No word on whether or not you can get a multiple of Sazh crystals after you destroy it yourself.

As for the story that is involved, aside from all the card-games you will be playing, the content is relatively short. Give or take 2 hours to 3. Less if you consult guides that will eventually follow, since most of them seem to be derivations of fetch-quests we all know and love from every RPGs and MMORPGs.
Take this however you want, unconfirmed etc.
Appie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28 2012, 10:53 PM   #67
NekoEiko
Moogle

Quote:
Also, the Serendipity in the game still does not allow you to play the poker-game - but the original writer of this little info-package speculates that once you beat the story in DLC, it should unlock.
I purchased the DLC this morning. You start out being able to play Poker and Chronobind. Poker is pretty much standard, you get two cards of your own and up to 5 that the table shares and it's a matter of bluffing or having the best hand.
Chronobind is a clock based game, in short you try to have the highest card in the round and then the clock moves that number of spaces. For each time you pass 13 at the top it charges and the amount of money on the table goes up. You try to land on a number that has coins attached and you can choose to clock out and take the money to start over or you can keep going and raise the bets with the risk of losing the next round and someone else landing on a spot to take the money. Don't try to go for too long because if you play through the deck the game automatically restarts with no winners or losers.
The only thing you cannot do is enter the Chocobo Race Hall. You also run errands for a certain someone to help gather the medals.
Old Feb 28 2012, 11:37 PM   #68
LightningNova
STEELGUARD!

Gil: 600 [Donate]

I haven't seen this DLC on the UK store so far.... unless I made a mistake in posting in this thread first without reading any posts before. The only new DLC I've seen is the new outfits....
Old Feb 28 2012, 11:53 PM   #69
.simon
Rural Juror

Gil: 800 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoEiko View Post
I purchased the DLC this morning. You start out being able to play Poker and Chronobind. Poker is pretty much standard, you get two cards of your own and up to 5 that the table shares and it's a matter of bluffing or having the best hand.
Chronobind is a clock based game, in short you try to have the highest card in the round and then the clock moves that number of spaces. For each time you pass 13 at the top it charges and the amount of money on the table goes up. You try to land on a number that has coins attached and you can choose to clock out and take the money to start over or you can keep going and raise the bets with the risk of losing the next round and someone else landing on a spot to take the money. Don't try to go for too long because if you play through the deck the game automatically restarts with no winners or losers.
The only thing you cannot do is enter the Chocobo Race Hall. You also run errands for a certain someone to help gather the medals.
Wow, I got bored just by reading that.
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29 2012, 12:08 AM   #70
NekoEiko
Moogle

:/ I tried to explain it in simplest terms. Nothing action packed but I wasn't expecting as much. I do like playing card games though so I figured it was worth a shot.
Old Feb 29 2012, 12:09 AM   #71
Ethan
Administrator

Gil: 3,909 [Donate]

I'm sure other scenarios will be better
Ethan is offline   Send a message via MSN to Ethan Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29 2012, 12:20 AM   #72
.simon
Rural Juror

Gil: 800 [Donate]

Quote:
:/ I tried to explain it in simplest terms. Nothing action packed but I wasn't expecting as much. I do like playing card games though so I figured it was worth a shot.
I wasn't trying to diss your post it was appreciated, I was just saying that it sounds as boring as I thought. I'm not paying to pay virtual card games when I have real ones next the PS3. The only interesting thing that could come out of this DLC is finding out if Chocolina really is Dahj's chocobo chick and how that happened. Everything else is a snooze fest.

Quote:
I'm sure other scenarios will be better
Light's DLC'd better not involve any of this Serendipity bullshit
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29 2012, 12:30 AM   #73
NekoEiko
Moogle

Oh No! I know it wasn't a drag on my post. I guess I felt bad for being the person that confirmed everyone's doubts. I tried to make it exciting. I guess I was rooting for the underdog on this one. I'm sure Lightnings will be more entertaining. It has to be considering the circumstances she's in throughout the game.
Old Feb 29 2012, 04:35 AM   #74
Serah Farron
Branded by Pulse

Gil: 300 [Donate]

I bought this earlier and the outfits. I thought it was pretty fun, but I like minigames XD I only played poker though. I need to try the other one.
Having him in my party is awesome :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lymle
LOL POOR SOULS CAN'T HANDLE THE FACT THAT SERAH'S GOT THAT DEE ON LOCK
Serah Farron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29 2012, 04:39 AM   #75
Aurelia
FOR XV

Gil: 2,545 [Donate]

Quote:
Oh No! I know it wasn't a drag on my post. I guess I felt bad for being the person that confirmed everyone's doubts. I tried to make it exciting. I guess I was rooting for the underdog on this one. I'm sure Lightnings will be more entertaining. It has to be considering the circumstances she's in throughout the game.
No, no. You gave us the information objectively, and you did well explaining it. For me, you've basically confirmed exactly what I had expected of this DLC episode. And unfortunately, well not really for me but for others, it sounds like tripe. But if you enjoyed it that's fine. Each to their own. I was really hoping for something better for Sazh since him and Fang are my favorite FF13 characters, but based on the trailer and the screenshots from earlier my hopes had turned for the worse.

Thank you for the information.

Aurelia is offline   Send a message via AIM to Aurelia Send a message via MSN to Aurelia Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29 2012, 06:01 AM   #76
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Gil: 1,820 [Donate]

As I expected it to be.

Not-so-patiently waiting for the Lightning DLC to come out.
Chat Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29 2012, 06:36 AM   #77
NotitsMan
hOnK

Gil: 3,570 [Donate]

Hm. Maaaay skip this. How much does it cost again?

NotitsMan is offline   Send a message via MSN to NotitsMan Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29 2012, 07:02 AM   #78
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,350 [Donate]

Black man got the short end of the stick. Square Enix are obvi a bunch of racists.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29 2012, 08:36 PM   #79
Aurelia
FOR XV

Gil: 2,545 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dunham View Post
Black man got the short end of the stick. Square Enix are obvi a bunch of racists.
They can't even racist properly. Where is the fried chicken and watermelon?

Aurelia is offline   Send a message via AIM to Aurelia Send a message via MSN to Aurelia Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29 2012, 08:50 PM   #80
NekoEiko
Moogle

They make several afro jokes if that sweetens the pot for anyone?