Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Fabula Nova Crystallis > Final Fantasy XIII-2
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Jan 28 2011, 03:31 AM   #1
Musou
Judge

Gil: 300 [Donate]
Default XIII-2 Famitsu Interview Summary

anoop has summarized the full interview: *spoiler warning cause its story focused*

Quote:
The Final Fantasy XIII-2 part of the interview is story focused, so those who haven't finished FFXIII may want to avoid reading the summary. I ain't spoiler taggin' nothin'.

Famitsu first asked for a recap of how the project came to be. The main reason they decided to make a sequel, said Toriyama, is that there was demand throughout the world. In addition to this, Toriyama and the development staff wanted to portray the Lightning character further. The original FFXIII ended with a lingering question: is Lightning really happy? Final Fantasy XIII-2 will come to a clear conclusion.

The "Episode i" after story novella that was included as a bonus with the first print run of the Japanese Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII serves as the prologue of XIII-2. Famitsu pointed out that Episode i shows the various characters from FFXIII returning to their normal lives. Does this mean that Lightning will be on her own? Also, Famitsu asked, will the purpose of Lightning's new journey be to find a method of helping Vanille and Fang?

Regarding the latter point, Toriyama noted that being helped by the sacrifice of the two characters left a wound in the hearts of everyone. The story will of course show not just Lightning, but the other allies who were hurt by that, Toriyama assured. Additionally, there will be a number of new characters.

Similar to the Dengeki interview, Famitsu's interviewers asked if there would be any Final Fantasy X-2 style dancing and singing in XIII-2. XIII-2 will have have a serious direction, Kitase replied. Toriyama noted that considering Vanille and Fang are gone and the world is in a state where Cocoon had fallen, there's no way for the new story to be totally peaceful. XIII-2 will have a darker and more mysterious side over XIII.

Famitsu asked if XIII-2 will possibly being set in the dark world that Lightning is wandering around in at the end of the Episode i novella. Toriyama responded that the principal setting will be different from that of XIII, but he assured that the FFXIII world will be in the game in some form.

As part of the story of the original, Lightning has lost her l'Cie abilities (summons, casting magic, etc.). In response to this observation from Famitsu, Toriyama joked that perhaps Lightning has become an even more incredible existence than a l'Cie. Famitsu countered that she certainly has become sexier. Toriyama responded that even though she's probably more explosed (I must be missing something here because she doesn't look more exposed to me!), similar to the original, they're valuing her refined and noble qualities. He added that her clothing has a more fantasy feel to it this time, and the design of her weapons and other such items will match.

Commenting on the trailer, Famitsu noted that there's a scene which shows Lightning standing in front of what looks like an alter. That's actually not an altar but a seat, corrected Toriyama, and it has great significance.

Famitsu also pointed out that when Lighthing and the mysterious new guy shown in the trailer line up back to back, they look like angel and devil. "Which is the angel and which is the devil?" joked Toriyama. He added, Lightning has a new mission this time, and as she attempts to fulfill this mission, she'll end up in a confrontation with the guy. He's a powerful character who can fight on equivalent ground with Lightning, the hero who saved the world.

One final point: if you have Final Fantasy XIII save data, you may want to hold on to it. The team is investigating the possibility of giving something to players who have save data in place.
source: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...nc_interviews/

UPDATE:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananakaya
They have been taking feedbacks from players and various other sources since the production.
Players can travel between different worlds, meeting people from towns and villages. They want to create a bigger, more lively world that reflects the changes after the events in FFXIII. So the travel system in FFXIII-2 will be one of the biggest and the most exciting changes.

Last edited by Musou; Jan 30 2011 at 05:40 PM..
Musou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28 2011, 03:38 AM   #2
mokaloka
Buster Sword

Gil: 600 [Donate]

Niiiice was hoping for a bit more on the story side though like will there be any party members?
mokaloka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28 2011, 03:48 AM   #3
Lymle
。◕‿◕。

Gil: 700 [Donate]

Quote:
One final point: if you have Final Fantasy XIII save data, you may want to hold on to it. The team is investigating the possibility of giving something to players who have save data in place.
OMG yesplz.
Old Jan 28 2011, 03:50 AM   #4
Musou
Judge

Aya Brea costume confirmed?
Old Jan 28 2011, 06:18 AM   #5
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Gil: 1,820 [Donate]

^lol.

And so she's something greater than a l'cie. An eidolon? Lol no way.
What I'm curious about is how much time has passed, because Light's face didn't change at all; maybe time flows differently in the World she's in just like in Narnia or something.
Chat Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28 2011, 09:59 AM   #6
EsSenjo
Servent of Light

Gil: 600 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheruhsee View Post
^lol.

What I'm curious about is how much time has passed, because Light's face didn't change at all; maybe time flows differently in the World she's in just like in Narnia or something.

Actually she may be, why do I say this.
Her new look is that of a Valkyrie.
Which the feathers just proves her look.

You see they are female warriors, who get their power from Odin, in mythology.
Her summon on last game was Odin as well.
So who knows she might have toking all of his powers.
EsSenjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28 2011, 10:17 AM   #7
noble_gases
Moogle

Gil: 0 [Donate]

Hope it turns out well! :3
noble_gases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28 2011, 01:41 PM   #8
Musou
Judge

Quote:
^lol.

FAL'CIE LIGHTNING.

No seriously, whats in between a L'Cie and a Fal'Cie lol.
Well, from the novel, Time is like seconds or whatever, right? so I guess she doesn't change that much compared to the others? 2 seconds is maybe like 2 Months.
Old Jan 30 2011, 01:56 PM   #9
Thula
Peanut Butterless

Quote:
the principal setting will be different from that of XIII, but he assured that the FFXIII world will be in the game in some form.
This bit of information escaped me, so the principal world won't be Pulse, uh?
Old Jan 30 2011, 02:16 PM   #10
Musou
Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thula View Post
This bit of information escaped me, so the principal world won't be Pulse, uh?
Most of the story will take place in the invisible world. If that's what you're confused about.
Old Jan 30 2011, 03:35 PM   #11
Darthdevidem01
Cactuar

The OP misses what IMO is the most important thing revealed so far

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/01/28...hat-question/#

"Toriyama stresses Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a new style of RPG he can’t wait to show people. This game has a number of changes including a revised travel system. Every nook and cranny is packed with people, which gives the feeling of a living world. Toriyama asks fans to please stay tuned for further news."
Old Jan 30 2011, 05:00 PM   #12
Musou
Judge

^I already posted that in another thread. But I guess I'll update it.
Old Jan 30 2011, 05:26 PM   #13
Thula
Peanut Butterless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuo View Post
Most of the story will take place in the invisible world. If that's what you're confused about.
I see, so that's why the travelling system is important, it also connects the two words probably.
Old Jan 30 2011, 05:41 PM   #14
Musou
Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thula View Post
I see, so that's why the travelling system is important, it also connects the two words probably.
Yeah. Maybe it'll partially be a time machine where you can go to Cocoon.
Old Jan 30 2011, 06:21 PM   #15
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Quote:
Yeah. Maybe it'll partially be a time machine where you can go to Cocoon.
Omg, I had the same idea too! Like we could visit the times when she was not "Lightning" yet.
Old Jan 30 2011, 06:29 PM   #16
Briar Rose
ღBeautiful♕Dreamer♥

Quote:
Omg, I had the same idea too! Like we could visit the times when she was not "Lightning" yet.
So Lightning's house, and team NORA's base, Nautilus petting zoo may be visitable?

Lightning & Serah
She who controls the present, controls the past.

She who controls the past, controls the future.

Briar Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30 2011, 07:02 PM   #17
Musou
Judge

That would definitely make good use of that deleted content. Develop Lightning more as well. Or it could just be something to do as extra while playing the game and after. It'd be funny if they turn Taejin Tower into a huge ass mini-game arcade thing.
Old Jan 30 2011, 07:16 PM   #18
Chat Noir
durareriroru

I want to see Oerba's condition in the new game. I absolutely enjoyed the small interactions with the objects within the area in XIII. Don't judge; I enjoyed repairing Vanille's old pet robot.
Old Jan 30 2011, 07:24 PM   #19
Musou
Judge

@Cheruhsee: Serah wanted to be a teacher at the end of episode -i- right? She'll be teaching in the school at Oerba confirmed. Mrs.Villiers.
Old Jan 31 2011, 08:04 AM   #20
Briar Rose
ღBeautiful♕Dreamer♥

Quote:
@Cheruhsee: Serah wanted to be a teacher at the end of episode -i- right? She'll be teaching in the school at Oerba confirmed. Mrs.Villiers.
maybe... (there could be hostility though, since... She was a former L'cie, and her future husband was a former L'cie too, and was seen during the eden grand prix.. so some may not want her to be near their children because they don't know the truth, but Serah wants them to know they weren't evil like what they believe)

but Serah was the first to notice Lightning was gone, got a very bad feeling and cried (Lightning made Snow promise that the crystal tear will be the last Serah will shed) so she may have plot significance? (Aside from being in flash backs and in crystal stasis 99% of the time like in previous game) Maybe a chance for character development for her (or be playable like the original plan)...

Lightning & Serah
She who controls the present, controls the past.

She who controls the past, controls the future.

Last edited by Briar Rose; Jan 31 2011 at 08:07 AM..
Briar Rose is offline   Reply With Quote