Welcome to Final Fantasy XIII Forums! A forum about Final Fantasy XIII and all other games in the Fabula Nova Crystallis compilation! Our forum has grown to become one of the biggest communities dedicated to Square-Enix's future titles and is growing even larger thanks to everyone already participating.
We can see that you are a guest on our site and would recommend you sign up to our forum by Registering and joining in. Registered Members can participate by posting in threads, using our Chatbox, buying forum items from our Store and enjoy it all advertisement free.
Well, sporadic swapping doesn't make a lick of sense form a narrative standpoint.
And from a design perspective, it would probably be an annoying gimmick, rather than an interesting mechanic. So I suppose changing it or getting rid of it would make sense.
Perhaps it was a way to make players play both character an equal amount, in other words, not get to far or even finish one story before doing another as it is in Birth by Sleep.
I actually would be OK with it, I'm sure there will be times when I get switched and I'll just carry on, but I can also imagine times where I will want to continue as Sora for a little while. Good that there is the option.
Also, looks like the Tron Legacy world will be called "The Grid" and it's going to be featured in the upcoming VJump. Famitsu will reveal other stuff as well
Tale Source, which has access to Jump in advance, reports that the Tron world is called, as one might expect, "The Grid." Kevin Flynn, Sam Flynn and Quorra are shown in screenshots.
The magazine also has details on a new gameplay component involving the Dream Eater creatures. You can create new Dream Eaters by gathering materials called "Dream Pieces" and combining these according to a recipe.
As always, Jump just provides the basics. We can probably expect a closer look at these two areas either this week or next week.
Whaaat? No way! Tron is cool Seriously I'm really excited for it. But can I just say how horrid that scan looks and I'll never understand why scans sometimes look like that. Is it the scanner? Is it the actual paper? I DON'T KNOW.
That's a good point, but, I think it's still going to work because it is a bit different, not to mention darker, and has a slightly more (seemingly) serious tone as opposed to Space Paranoids and Deep Space.
- There is an extra cutscene at the end of the credits.
- The Mark of Mastery will not span the entire game.
- Street-Pass will be used for Dream Eater Spirit breeding.
- The main villain of the game is connected to the 'Mysterious Cloaked Boy'
- The previous composers of music will return, even the ones from Birth By Sleep.
- The original enemies were to be Heartless and Nobodies, but that didn't fit with the theme.
- Nintendo Power suspects that the game will contain two more unannounced worlds.
- Nomura "hopes to begin writing KH3 soon".
- "Dream" refers to the game taking place in the Realm of Sleep, "Drop" refers to the system with which the player switches between Sora and Riku, and "Distance" is an expression of the gulf between Sora and Riku.