Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Fabula Nova Crystallis > Final Fantasy XIII > FFXIII Spoiler Discussion & Questions
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Apr 23 2010, 05:48 PM   #1
HalfSnarky
Moogle

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default Axis Blade or Lionheart?

Which should I use? I do like the Axis blade for its ATB Advantage, but Lionheart seems to be better. Well, seems. I equipped it, and it doesn't really help. But since I hear it's preferably better, which should I use?

Btw, I hear speed sash + Axis Blade = epic win; thing is I did the missions and stuff, but I don't really remember if I have it lol, and I'm kinda too lazy to turn on my PS3; so does speed sash and axis blade work really well together?
HalfSnarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23 2010, 08:36 PM   #2
Maikel
Pulse L'Cie

Gil: 600 [Donate]

I recommend you to use and upgrade Lionheart, because of its ability Lucky Break when combined with some accesories.
Old Apr 24 2010, 03:43 AM   #3
Sparks1013
Cactuar

Gil: 300 [Donate]

It seems to me you may be unclear on what Quick Stagger actually does. What its suppose to do, is after ~90% of the chain gauge is reached, Lightning's next attack will instantly stagger the target. Allowing you to skip ~10% of the chain gauge. Now, I say "suppose" because I have, more than once, been certainly above 90% chain gauge when Lightning lands a hit and the target did not stagger. Although for the most part is has been reliable. Maybe its not a 100% chance to instant stagger until its Ultima Weapon (mine is still tier2, I'm afraid to commit).

That being said- I have read in several places that Lionheart is definitely the way to go. And that makes sense because people generally agree that Lightning is a better ravager than Commando.

As for the Axis blade thing, I have no idea.
Sparks1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24 2010, 03:47 AM   #4
HalfSnarky
Moogle

Ohhh, thanks. I was kind of confused on the Quick Stagger. Thanks!

Should I keep using the Axis Blade now and just upgrade the Lionheart separately, since I don't really have trouble with the monsters, so no real need for stagger?
Old Apr 24 2010, 04:13 AM   #5
Lenore
no noob parts included

I think Axis Blade might raise the stagger gauge faster anyway, since it's like continuous attack.
Lenore is offline   Send a message via MSN to Lenore Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25 2010, 02:12 AM   #6
MikeyGrey
Moogle

it comes down to personal preference. u'll get awesome spammability with axis blade (especially if u put up the correct 4 accessories; +10% faster atb recharge per accessory from boost synthesis group) in comparison to quick stagger from lionheart and random:instant stagger with 1 gestalt accessory(dont really use gestalt/tp boost but having the choice is always nice). personally, i'd prefer lionheart coz 10% skip is huge (for high-lvl opponents), quick stagger triggers almost always, instant stagger is achievable with only 1 accessory (gestalt/tp boost with 3 if needed) and its max stat is nearly 400 pts better than axis balde's max stat (200 each for str & mag)
MikeyGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25 2010, 02:26 AM   #7
HalfSnarky
Moogle

Oh, thanks! I think I'll take the Lionheart now ever since Hope learned Haste! Lol xD
Old Apr 27 2010, 02:00 AM   #8
Strife212
Moogle

I'm using Lionheart but I have a feeling that Axis Blade is better to be honest.

I don't think 10% skip is very good.

Lightning PS3 | Cloud PS3
Strife212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28 2010, 06:44 AM   #9
Alvira
Cactuar

Not sure if quick stagger makes that much of a difference. If the boss is really difficult to stagger, its going to be a chore getting it up to 90% as much as 100%. Typically, the difference between 90% and 100% doesn't seem like much. I am using the omega weapon from Gladius -> Helter skelter right now. And I am liking the heavy damage Light pulls out when she goes com.

When I get enough money, maybe I will try upgrading a lionheart or a axis blade make a practical comparison.
Alvira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28 2010, 07:05 PM   #10
HalfSnarky
Moogle

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too lol! Thanks for the reply!

right now, I've decided on the Lionheart since I make Hope spam haste xD