Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Fabula Nova Crystallis > Final Fantasy XIII
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Apr 11 2010, 08:10 PM   #1
yalnif
Moogle

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default Boss battle Barth help

hey i'm new to the forums my names fin, recently got this game and now up to the big Barth battle.

my trouble is when he casts the Doom spell, i only have him at around 1/3 health left and don't have enough time to finish him off. i use these paradigms with these guys

Light Hope Vanille
ravager synergist saboteur
ravager medic ravager
ravager synergist medic
ravager ravager medic
ravager medic saboteur
ravager ravager ravager

i also use the +200HP bangles on each of them, if you have any tips or know any items that'll stop this Doom spell i'd be much appreciated, also just any quick tactics on killing him fast, i chose ravager on light for each just to get the bar up.

Any help will be much appreciated.

thanks, fin!

Last edited by yalnif; Apr 11 2010 at 08:16 PM..
Old Apr 11 2010, 08:24 PM   #2
Windel
Moogle

Gil: 600 [Donate]

Hey.
I dont know if this helps but maybe you should try a different trick with accesories. Instead of increasing the HP you should try using stuff to increase your magic or strenght (depens on the role) so that you'll end the battle faster.
Also try updating the Crystarium.

Ah I forgot to add. Maybe use Eidolons to avoid any hard damage on the players or stagger Bart ^^

Last edited by Windel; Apr 11 2010 at 08:26 PM..
Old Apr 11 2010, 08:29 PM   #3
yalnif
Moogle

thanks, well in my last one i used my summon and it did a fair bit of damage, forgot to use it on stagger, will try that, and yeah thanks maybe i'll try a diff accessory on someone, gonna have another attempt in a few mins.

thanks, fin
Old Apr 11 2010, 08:55 PM   #4
Thristle
Moogle

Gil: 300 [Donate]

You should have Lightning be a commando for a couple paradigms... otherwise the stagger meter will fall too fast

Also, in the beginning, use a Librascope so you can get your guys to know the weakness of each part of him. Then you want to attack the little faces to his left and right.

When he's trying to cast the DOOM spell, you need to go all attack on him (rav, rav, com... or something like that), and keep that paradigm all the way until he uses it. He flinches twice I think, and then finally does the spell... because you're going all attack on him, for some reason, the DOOM spell only does a couple hundred damage to every person.

And, yeah, don't use only HP bangles, since you can have other stuff, although Hope always needs HP xD
Old Apr 11 2010, 08:58 PM   #5
yalnif
Moogle

thanks for the help guys, i got very close then, just i think the change from a +200HP bangle to a +50 mage ruined it for me on the destrudo move, i'll try again tomorrow as it's late, should be able to do it.
Old Apr 11 2010, 09:15 PM   #6
tanton18
First Sword

Gil: 165 [Donate]

use a commando, otherwise you won't be able get his stagger bar very high, because without using commando the bar falls extra fast.
Old Apr 11 2010, 09:34 PM   #7
Glacies
This is a lie

Gil: 1,205 [Donate]

See that? See how it says questions about the game belong in the Spoiler Discussion & Questions section. I'm guessing that's because questions about the game belong in the Spoiler Discussion & Questions section.

Mah Work
Old Apr 11 2010, 11:24 PM   #8
Sadie808
Moomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisAirness View Post
I don't remember battling Barth and him casting a doom spell, is this the battle against Orphan?
If the battle take`s a really long he`s going to cast Doom
That happened to me on my first try on him

"Dollar & A Dream"
Old Apr 11 2010, 11:50 PM   #9
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,050 [Donate]

This thread was a glorious reminder of how many people can't fucking read.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Closed Thread