Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Network > Fabula Nova Crystallis News
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Apr 18 2012, 01:14 PM   #21
Lymle
。◕‿◕。

Gil: 400 [Donate]

The fact that the most powerful monster in XIII-2 is a DLC...
Old Apr 18 2012, 03:29 PM   #22
Cyclops
Moogle

Gil: 10 [Donate]

In one of the game's datalog entries, it makes mention of Mog going face-to-face with Valfodr, and getting thoroughly defeated by it. It also makes mention that Valfodr is one of the most top-tier enemies in Valhalla, maybe even the strongest of all Valhallan foes. Have to admit, it's (his?) design is quite good.

Lets see how this plays out. I'm quite intrigued as to how they're going to incorporate story into a coliseum fight. Plus, with Lightning's DLC also coming out in the same month, I guess they're completely wrapping up post-game content in May.
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18 2012, 04:49 PM   #23
TheAtreidesHawk
AngelicWarrior

Gil: 550 [Donate]

How many DLC packs has this game had? It seems a lot and yet I'm wondering how many of them were actually good or noteworthy as opposed to being "cute/gimmicky"?

I may pick up FFXIII-2 nowt hat its dropped in price and I have an iPod to trade in that's apparently worth some good money....
TheAtreidesHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18 2012, 05:22 PM   #24
Singularity
1 tree. 1000 matches.

Gil: 2,555 [Donate]

I haven't bought any of the DLC. Character outfits are a complete waste of money, I'm not too bothered about combat so I haven't bought any coliseum battles, and Sazh's DLC seemed pretty poor.

Hopefully this is decent. Square Enix have been going about DLC the wrong way though, and it's a bloody shame.
Singularity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18 2012, 09:46 PM   #25
Neo_Bahamut
King Of Dragons

Gil: 770 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaeren View Post
At least Lightning's dlc is only about 2 weeks away.
Where and when did you hear this?? I don't think so... If anything, Square will release Snow's episode first, then Lightning's. And, hopefully, after another month or two, they'll give us a real ending. I seriously (with everything they have on their plate right now) there will be a XIII-3. It's starting to look as if everything up to now has been planned.

(Btw, is it just me or does this Valfodr-whateva look a lot like Omega from VIII?)
Neo_Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18 2012, 10:24 PM   #26
Vaeren
Ethereal

Gil: 130 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Bahamut View Post
Where and when did you hear this?? I don't think so... If anything, Square will release Snow's episode first, then Lightning's. And, hopefully, after another month or two, they'll give us a real ending. I seriously (with everything they have on their plate right now) there will be a XIII-3. It's starting to look as if everything up to now has been planned.

(Btw, is it just me or does this Valfodr-whateva look a lot like Omega from VIII?)
I just meant that May is coming up in 2 weeks, and it comes out in May. There won't be a FFXIII-3, and if by some stretch they do make it I just know it will be garbage. FFXIII-2 did its predecessor absolutely no justice.

Vaeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18 2012, 10:49 PM   #27
TheAtreidesHawk
AngelicWarrior

Gil: 550 [Donate]

Well I for one hope they do make XIII-3. Especially given the ending of XIII-2.

And from the little I've seen of XIII-2 I like the Noel character and Serah seems like a cool chick.

Last edited by TheAtreidesHawk; Apr 18 2012 at 10:54 PM..
TheAtreidesHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19 2012, 07:43 AM   #28

Gil: 1,965 [Donate]

http://andriasang.com/con0q0/ffxiii2_dlc_screens/

"I hope you havenít forgotten my role in this little story.

Iím the leading man.

You know what they say about the leading man?

He never dies.
"

-Balthier from Final Fantasy XII

Ffamran mied Bunansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19 2012, 07:54 AM   #29
Leaferian
Leafť, Raspatil Slayer

Gil: 770 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat Noir View Post
Yeah, I read the article. It doesn't say this is the last Coliseum DLC; It says he was added with the 'idea of having him appear as something like the Coliseum's last boss', (Which is pretty far from a solid statement) which from the rest of what I can find about Valfodr means that it will be the absolute hardest creature in the Coliseum. Nothing harder doesn't necessarily mean no more coming, so unless something comes along explicitly saying there will be no more Coliseum DLC I don't think that should be spread around as gospel. There's always translation, human error, and author interpretation to keep in mind as well.

Last edited by Leaferian; Apr 19 2012 at 07:59 AM..
Leaferian is offline   Send a message via MSN to Leaferian Send a message via Yahoo to Leaferian Send a message via Skype™ to Leaferian Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20 2012, 01:12 AM   #30
OnewithaBlade
One Tough Cookie

Gil: 610 [Donate]

Snow punches Lightning