Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Network > Fabula Nova Crystallis News
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old May 15 2012, 02:47 PM   #81
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Gil: 1,820 [Donate]

^/ignores

If anyone wants to watch the first part of the DLC: (there are major spoilers of course, you've been warned)

Chat Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2012, 03:08 PM   #82
Singularity
1 tree. 1000 matches.

Gil: 2,555 [Donate]

Well, it's out on the Xbox 360. Unfortunately I've lent the game to my friend (who hasn't even got to Oerba yet despite having had it for two months!) so I'll have to wrangle that back off him before I can play it. I mean, it's only 400 points - that's £3.50, which is hardly anything.

I'm all up for a XIII-3 as well. I feel weird not having a Final Fantasy to look forward to right now.
Singularity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2012, 03:13 PM   #83
Sentinel Prime
Autobot Defector

Gil: 750 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dunham View Post
Let's be retards for a second and pretend that a third game will happen. For the Vita. Now shut up.
Judging by the feedback for Lightnings DLC, XIII-3 has really good chance of happening. Square just confirmed this the last DLC unless they change their minds which I doubt it. Geez someone dosen't want 13-3 to happen lol.
Sentinel Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2012, 03:25 PM   #84
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,350 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel Prime View Post
Geez someone dosen't want 13-3 to happen lol.
I don't. It's time to move on and everyone knows it but for some reason, they don't want to admit it.

Square Enix cannot continue to make money on Final Fantasy XIII games. I do not believe that they would make anywhere near a satisfactory profit if they were to release XIII-3 in 2 years time. Indeed, at that point, it would probably be too late. The new consoles will be out, they'll have to move on and expecting Final Fantasy XIII to continue making money at that point is just idiocy, it wouldn't happen. Final Fantasy XIII-2 probably made a profit and if it did, it was only because of how cheap it was to make. You have hardly any new assets, you have hardly any R&D, it's cheap and easy and so it's easy to get that money back. Final Fantasy XIII-2 is ostensibly a three year old game. Technically, they can't expect to get away with that again. It won't happen.

And despite their best efforts to prove otherwise, Square Enix isn't actually that stupid. If Final Fantasy XIII-3, by that title, on PS3 and 360 comes to fruition, those guys have lost the plot.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?

Last edited by Agent Dunham; May 15 2012 at 03:33 PM..
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2012, 03:31 PM   #85
.simon
Rural Juror

Gil: 800 [Donate]

What does this being the last DLC have anything to do with FFXIII-3? Do you have any comprehension skill at all?? You're just spreading false hope. Square-Enix hasn't said anything about FFXIII-3. In fact, the last time they were asked about it they said they had no plans and that "to be continued" referred to the DLCs and paradox endings and not FFXIII-3. The article you linked doesn't even mention FFXIII-3 and yet what you got for that was that it was on the horizon.

Unless SE says otherwise, it's not happening.
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2012, 03:52 PM   #86
Sentinel Prime
Autobot Defector

Quote:
Originally Posted by .simon View Post
What does this being the last DLC have anything to do with FFXIII-3? Do you have any comprehension skill at all?? You're just spreading false hope. Square-Enix hasn't said anything about FFXIII-3. In fact, the last time they were asked about it they said they had no plans and that "to be continued" referred to the DLCs and paradox endings and not FFXIII-3. The article you linked doesn't even mention FFXIII-3 and yet what you got for that was that it was on the horizon.

Unless SE says otherwise, it's not happening.

Can you read? Did I ever say XIII-3 is happening? No I said it's a good chance since the Lightning DLC sums it up, and Square saying this the last DLC should be common sense. So in other words your saying the " To be Continued " wont ever get concluded. Also like I said they could change their minds with " last DLC " claim.

Quote:
I don't. It's time to move on and everyone knows it but for some reason, they don't want to admit it.

Square Enix cannot continue to make money on Final Fantasy XIII games. I do not believe that they would make anywhere near a satisfactory profit if they were to release XIII-3 in 2 years time. Indeed, at that point, it would probably be too late. The new consoles will be out, they'll have to move on and expecting Final Fantasy XIII to continue making money at that point is just idiocy, it wouldn't happen. Final Fantasy XIII-2 probably made a profit and if it did, it was only because of how cheap it was to make. You have hardly any new assets, you have hardly any R&D, it's cheap and easy and so it's easy to get that money back. Final Fantasy XIII-2 is ostensibly a three year old game. Technically, they can't expect to get away with that again. It won't happen.

And despite their best efforts to prove otherwise, Square Enix isn't actually that stupid. If Final Fantasy XIII-3, by that title, on PS3 and 360 comes to fruition, those guys have lost the plot.

I think it's time to move on from Versus, I bet the time that game comes out it will be next gen lol. We can't say for sure that they wouldn't continue to make profit with the backlash 13-2 got, I'm surprised it did, with help http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/...n-profit-again. You're most likely right though

If XIII-3 would have a much better protagonist then it could have a chance, I'm not holding my breath either, but I would like for it to happen. What am I gonna do wait for Versus? I actually think their waiting to see how much 13-2 will sell by the Fall before they decide anything, and yes games usually stop selling after their first month, but 13 took awhile before it could get to where it's at.

Last edited by Agent Dunham; May 15 2012 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: Use the multi-quote button to quote more than one person
Old May 15 2012, 04:24 PM   #87
.simon
Rural Juror

Quote:
No I said it's a good chance since the Lightning DLC sums it up, and Square saying this the last DLC should be common sense.
Again, what has this DLC have to do with FFXIII-3? Nothing. This being the last means they're done with the FFXIII franchise. Whatever plot left unexplained will be explained in Requiem and that's it.

Quote:
So in other words your saying the " To be Continued " wont ever get concluded.
I'm saying what SE is saying. "To be Continued" referred to the DLCs and paradox endings and in no way hinted at FFXIII-3. It's continued in this damn DLC, not FFXIII-3.
Old May 15 2012, 04:48 PM   #88
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,350 [Donate]

Quote:
but 13 took awhile before it could get to where it's at.
FFXIII was at 5.55 million units by March 31st 2010. It had been out in NA and EU for about 3 weeks. For a similar time period (i.e., December - March 31st), XIII-2 is looking at maybe 1.5 million. It's no longer in the top 10 for NA, it's done and dusted. Any sales from this point on are negligible and flat out irrelevant.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?

Last edited by Agent Dunham; May 15 2012 at 04:53 PM..
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2012, 04:51 PM   #89
Singularity
1 tree. 1000 matches.

@simon

So... wait, you think Square Enix will leave the XIII universe with Serah dead, Caius as the supreme entity of all the world (which by the way has been completely ruined), the goddess Etro gone and time and space completely destroyed?

Not likely my friend. I mean, at this point denying XIII-3 is just kidding yourself. I suppose it could be wrapped up in a significant DLC, but haven't SE said this is the last of it?
Old May 15 2012, 04:52 PM   #90
thunderboba
Moogle

Gil: 315 [Donate]

Am I the only one who wants their money back from the DLC? They're both too hard!
thunderboba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15 2012, 04:54 PM   #91
.simon
Rural Juror

Why not? It's what happens when you fuck with the timeline.
Old May 15 2012, 04:59 PM   #92
Singularity
1 tree. 1000 matches.

Seems to at least heavily allude to a XIII-3. You can argue otherwise and that's fine, I'm not really too fussed. If it's announced at E3 fine, if not, oh well. I still think XIII should have never had a sequel anyway, it had a great and well-contained story which worked well, ended well and then suddenly time travel. But now the door's been unlocked, it might as well be thrown open.
Old May 15 2012, 05:09 PM   #93
Sentinel Prime
Autobot Defector

Quote:
FFXIII was at 5.55 million units by March 31st 2010. It had been out in NA and EU for about 3 weeks. For a similar time period (i.e., December - March 31st), XIII-2 is looking at maybe 1.5 million. It's no longer in the top 10 for NA, it's done and dusted. Any sales from this point on are negligible and flat out irrelevant.
Dang, I thought it took a lot longer than that. At least a million nets them 60 million. Do you know how much it took them to make both games, I know 13 was very expensive?
Old May 15 2012, 06:55 PM   #94
Leaferian
Leafé, Raspatil Slayer

Gil: 1,070 [Donate]

Might as well make this a separate post. Someone want to link me to where Square says this is the last DLC? I can't find anything from them to that tune, just un-sourced assumptions from various player-run newssites. Closest I can find is where Final Fantasy Network said the last of the previously announced DLC was being released today, but they seemed to take that to mean all the DLC was over too.
Leaferian is offline   Send a message via MSN to Leaferian Send a message via Yahoo to Leaferian Send a message via Skype™ to Leaferian Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2012, 04:08 AM   #95
Sentinel Prime
Autobot Defector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaferian View Post
Might as well make this a separate post. Someone want to link me to where Square says this is the last DLC? I can't find anything from them to that tune, just un-sourced assumptions from various player-run newssites. Closest I can find is where Final Fantasy Network said the last of the previously announced DLC was being released today, but they seemed to take that to mean all the DLC was over too.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/...ii-2-announced
Old May 16 2012, 04:34 AM   #96
Leaferian
Leafé, Raspatil Slayer

Gil: 1,070 [Donate]

Quote:
They don't have a page or interview as a source? This seems like something that would have shown up on the S-E main site, or at least get a mention.

I generally trust IGN's reporting about this kind of thing so I feel a bit better, but I still get the feeling something's off here.
Leaferian is offline   Send a message via MSN to Leaferian Send a message via Yahoo to Leaferian Send a message via Skype™ to Leaferian Reply With Quote