Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Fabula Nova Crystallis > Final Fantasy XIII
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Jan 06 2013, 08:50 AM   #1
feylon
Moogle

Gil: 300 [Donate]
Default Best CP grinding areas in Final Fantasy 13

OK, so i went and did some timing on the best areas to CP grind in chapter 13 (this is where you get the first oppourtunity to return to Gran pulse) I have a stage 9 crystarium so i havnt defeated orphan yet.

ok, so ill do this in CP per second, and hours. ok.

SO, first up is the Famous grinding spot at archylte steppe, where you engage in battle between a king behemoth and a megistotheiran, once completing the battle, you run away a bit and fight just a behemoth king. then you return to the area where behemoth king and megistotherian was fighting, and repeat the process. so i gotthese stats:
Per cycle: 10600 (fighting the behemoth and megi battle then battle the other behemoth is one cycle)
Per hour: 252000
Per second: 60

Next up is the area in taijins tower, where you fight 5 pulsework gladiators, then head upstairs and fight 2 managarmars, then continue to fight two pulsework gladiators, then head back downstairs and repeat the process (this is in tier 2/tier 3 of the tower) So these are the stats i got
Per cycle: 13000
Per hour: 270000
Per second: 75

And finally, the best option, near the end of orphan's cradle where you have the oppurtunity to fight wladislus (i think that is his name) he is the cie'th that uses a sword he is also very skinny. One would take the elevator and fight him, the go back down the elevator and head all the way back to where the black goddes statue is (gives you the option of returning to the entrance of orphan's cradle) then heading back to teh elevator and repeating the process (the elevator is to the left side of the room. anyway, these were the stats i got
Per cycle: 32000 (one battle with him)
Per hour: 576000
Per second: 160

so thats it guys, if anyone else knows any oter good grinding areas let me know, and i will update this post with the stats.

Last edited by feylon; Jan 06 2013 at 08:51 AM.. Reason: fixing mistakes
feylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06 2013, 07:50 PM   #2
Keyblademaster
Cactuar

Gil: 905 [Donate]

Sounds good I would optimize your first option though. If you complete the battle against the behemoth and the megistotheiran, it's already enough to run back up to the safe point and then back again, because they will already be respawned. Saves you the trouble of fighting a single king behemoth, which is quite hard to preemptive strike. And after you get the double CP egg from one mission, it's the best grinding spot. ^^
Old Jan 06 2013, 11:44 PM   #3
feylon
Moogle

hmmm, it sounds like the best because its easy to win, but with the one at orphans cradle, it takes me about 2 mins to win the battle, and 1 min to respawn him, so thats about 96000 CP in ten minutes, with behemoth, it takes me 30 seconds to win thebattle, and from what you said, another 10 secondss to respawn it, so 40 seconds for one cycle, and 6600 for that one cycle, hmm, it seems that the one at orphans cradle still seems to be more effective, because you'll recieve 32000 CP every 2-3 mins depending on your level, the growth egg would only make that more effective wouldn't it?
Old Jan 07 2013, 12:30 AM   #4
Keyblademaster
Cactuar

Gil: 905 [Donate]

Well, of course, if you're strong enough at that point to beat him so quickly, I guess it becomes the best spot, but the option on pulse can be used on every level, even right after you land on pulse, because of the preemptive strike, and since there are still a few tough boss battles left between that spot and the one in orphans cradle, I think it stays my favourite.
Old Jan 09 2013, 03:46 AM   #5
feylon
Moogle

yes, for low levels, that is the best spot, i know that, i grinded (ground?) their for about 6 hours and my hp went from about 1600 to 3700, then i pwned dahaka. so yeah, that would be the best for low levels, taeijins tower is the best for medium levels (if you spam -ga spells with hope) and wladislus is the best for higher levels.