Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Fabula Nova Crystallis > Final Fantasy Type-0
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Nov 02 2012, 10:10 PM   #1
NotitsMan
hOnK

Gil: 3,570 [Donate]
Default Gamespot Interview with Hajime Tabata

For a long time, Western fans have been left in the dark concerning a localization for Type-0, and the news only seems to get grimmer each time we hear about it. However, a recent interview with none other than Hajime Tabata himself might bring a glimmer of optimism. As "moribund" as the the localization might be, S-E has not given up hope. You can read the entire interview here, but here's the part you're probably most interested in.

Hajime Tabata: "Due to market reasons, we are taking a clean slate in terms of our plans. We feel strongly about bringing this title to the fans in North America and Europe, so if an opportunity arises that can become a conclusive factor, we are prepared to go into consideration right away."

That's less than clear, but it's also far more than many expected. Though the future for Type-0 is nowhere near certain, at least we know that the project hasn't flatlined. Additionally, Tabata speaks in the interview of his work with Crisis Core and S-E and about his feelings on Final Fantasy in general.

NotitsMan is offline   Send a message via MSN to NotitsMan Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02 2012, 10:14 PM   #2
Ariana
FOR XV

Gil: 760 [Donate]

It seems that there's hope for this localisation, yet. I guess it's a good idea to not let those hopes get too high for now, though. Still, I'd really like to see the localisation; the game finally managed to interest me!

Ariana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03 2012, 02:33 AM   #3
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,350 [Donate]

I had a dream last week that Type-0 was being released in December.

Spoiler:
For PS3. How did I find out? A commercial on television. It was at least partially in Japanese. Then I came here to share the good news and Mike had made a thread in Off-Topic where he was talking about some random shit and then at the end said "Oh, and Type-0 is coming to PS3 in a couple of months" and I posted really angry at him for posting it in OT.

Anyway, I read just recently that Sony's rules for PSN downloads apparently institute a 1.8GB (i.e., the size of a UMD) limit on the size of digital-only titles. I'm not sure if this still applies, the source was quite old, but it's possible that it's more red tape that no one wants to deal with.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03 2012, 02:51 AM   #4
Mike
We’re alone now.

Gil: 2,600 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dunham View Post
Spoiler:
For PS3. How did I find out? A commercial on television. It was at least partially in Japanese. Then I came here to share the good news and Mike had made a thread in Off-Topic where he was talking about some random shit and then at the end said "Oh, and Type-0 is coming to PS3 in a couple of months" and I posted really angry at him for posting it in OT.
...Yep, that sounds like me.

Still think it's gonna be a digital-only Vita release if it does happen.

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03 2012, 03:23 AM   #5
Aurelia
FOR XV

Gil: 2,545 [Donate]

Sounds like very small possibilities. Tabata seems like a nice guy, but the big boys of SE aren't. It's like that kid that doesn't mind you sitting next to him at lunch, but his other friends bully him into not letting you.

Aurelia is offline   Send a message via AIM to Aurelia Send a message via MSN to Aurelia Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03 2012, 04:02 AM   #6
NotitsMan
hOnK

You think they'd let him do a press interview saying they're seeking other avenues of localization if they had no plans at all to do that?

Old Nov 03 2012, 05:23 AM   #7
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,350 [Donate]

It's Square Enix. Of course they would.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03 2012, 05:33 AM   #8
NotitsMan
hOnK

Touché. I badly want to say that even they can't be that blindly stupid, but they've done worse before.

Old Nov 03 2012, 11:12 AM   #9
majestix1988
Moogle

Gil: 10 [Donate]

i wish they released the demo already...like on japanese edition~
majestix1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03 2012, 02:59 PM   #10
Singularity
1 tree. 1000 matches.

Gil: 2,555 [Donate]

You can download the Japanese demo and put it on a US PSP, you know. Easy enough to muddle through without understanding the language. I tried doing the same with the full game, but I got to the world map and was lost.

What I did play was amazing though, the opening's incredible.
Singularity is offline   Reply With Quote