Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Network > Fabula Nova Crystallis News
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old May 06 2012, 03:55 AM   #21
Whiplash
Current Activity: Moderating

Gil: 9,455 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfTifa View Post
IGN is a crap site now.... And they can still reveal more information at E3 as a surprise, so I'm not worried.

Your son is a very sick boy, just look at the X-rays. You see that dark spot there? Whiplash.
Us on Twitter
Old May 06 2012, 04:43 AM   #22
Ramenzilla
oh my glob

Gil: 1,565 [Donate]

Another vague statement?

I'll be surprised when actual information is released.

the fifteenth cumming
Old May 06 2012, 08:19 AM   #23
Accelerator
気持ち悪い。。。

Gil: 535 [Donate]

TIL I have all the patience in the world.

That, or I don't care.
Old May 06 2012, 03:08 PM   #24
LoneWolfTifa
Wolfheart

Gil: 70 [Donate]

Eh, I've been waiting this long already. Won't hurt to wait more.
Old May 09 2012, 05:11 PM   #25
Cain
Moomba

Gil: 2,055 [Donate]

I really don't get why people are so upset. I don't mind the wait. Sooner or later I'll get the game, even if I'll have to play it with my grandchildren =p

Anyways, maybe this is some kind of strategy. They learned from XIII. Fans back then had too high expectations, it was clear the game will be a fail under such circumstances. Now they just wait until everybody let's their expectations and hopes down and then BAM, the messiah arrives >.>

“Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.”
Old May 09 2012, 05:17 PM   #26
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,350 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Anyways, maybe this is some kind of strategy. They learned from XIII. Fans back then had too high expectations, it was clear the game will be a fail under such circumstances. Now they just wait until everybody let's their expectations and hopes down and then BAM, the messiah arrives >.>
Please tell me I'm correct in thinking that you're having a lark.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Old May 09 2012, 06:40 PM   #27
Cain
Moomba

No. As far as I know larks don't do well as pets.

Old May 11 2012, 04:26 AM   #28
Agustazz
Faggy McBitchin' Tits

Gil: 3,275 [Donate]

The fuck did I just read? O_o

Old May 12 2012, 04:07 PM   #29
ArcoIris
Moogle

Gil: 10 [Donate]
Default hmm moar wait

Their games are a bit like hollywood scale productions but they don't nearly have as many people. Im glad they didn't cancel it.
Old Jun 16 2012, 04:31 PM   #30
Kijjakarn
Moogle

Gil: 640 [Donate]

I only hope that the game comes out in 60 fps and on next-generation consoles, to ensure that it runs as smoothly as possible. I wouldn't want to play the game if the framerate drops like in Academia, 4XX AF, Final Fantasy XIII-2.
Kijjakarn is offline   Send a message via MSN to Kijjakarn Send a message via Skype™ to Kijjakarn
Old Jun 16 2012, 05:43 PM   #31
Cain
Moomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijjakarn View Post
I only hope that the game comes out in 60 fps and on next-generation consoles, to ensure that it runs as smoothly as possible. I wouldn't want to play the game if the framerate drops like in Academia, 4XX AF, Final Fantasy XIII-2.
But I think they're aware that they can not afford that, it would only make the development time longer and fans angrier. And I'm sure they'll find/have found ways to make it run smoothly even without next-gen consoles.

Anyways, I'm not that demanding. I don't care much about such tiny details if the game's good, but unfortunately many gamers nowadays are just graphic-whores =/

Old Jun 16 2012, 06:54 PM   #32
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Anyways, I'm not that demanding. I don't care much about such tiny details if the game's good, but unfortunately many gamers nowadays are just graphic-whores =/
When it comes to framerate, "graphics" is only half the story. Performance is also an issue. Regardless of what the game is actually doing, you're playing based on what you're seeing. If the image is in anyway compromised (missing objects, poor framerate, whatever), then so are your reactions. You play poorly, God forbid the game actually reflect that. People weren't upset that Ninja Theory's Devil May Cry game will run at 30FPS (lol, if they're lucky) because it makes the game look bad, people were upset because it theoretically won't play as well as its 60FPS predecessors.

Watch the first video on this page. You can't not notice how utterly atrocious the PS3 version's framerate is in that video. Bayonetta is a technical, fast-paced action game that often relies on very specific timing that can be made difficult to impossible by a slow framerate. It ruins the game.

Beyond that, it shows you that the developer just isn't very good at optimising their games for a platform. That says that, hey, they don't respect you as a consumer, they don't respect themselves as developers and they don't respect the industry they work in because they can't be either learning how to put out a product that runs well or don't care enough to put out a product that runs well. Come on man, that's just shitty behaviour. Or maybe it's the publisher for putting them on an impossible budget and schedule, but someone doesn't care and that's just not cool.

tl;dr, not graphics whores, just not okay... with... stuttering... game...play... poor... performance... Actually, if you can't lock your game at 30FPS this late in a console cycle, either you or your tools suck. Maybe even both.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Old Jun 16 2012, 08:12 PM   #33
Henry
Judge

Gil: 400 [Donate]

Hmm clearly he only know how to say "Please be patient" in english....
Old Jun 16 2012, 10:01 PM   #34
Cain
Moomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dunham View Post
When it comes to framerate, "graphics" is only half the story. Performance is also an issue. Regardless of what the game is actually doing, you're playing based on what you're seeing. If the image is in anyway compromised (missing objects, poor framerate, whatever), then so are your reactions. You play poorly, God forbid the game actually reflect that. People weren't upset that Ninja Theory's Devil May Cry game will run at 30FPS (lol, if they're lucky) because it makes the game look bad, people were upset because it theoretically won't play as well as its 60FPS predecessors.

Watch the first video on this page. You can't not notice how utterly atrocious the PS3 version's framerate is in that video. Bayonetta is a technical, fast-paced action game that often relies on very specific timing that can be made difficult to impossible by a slow framerate. It ruins the game.

Beyond that, it shows you that the developer just isn't very good at optimising their games for a platform. That says that, hey, they don't respect you as a consumer, they don't respect themselves as developers and they don't respect the industry they work in because they can't be either learning how to put out a product that runs well or don't care enough to put out a product that runs well. Come on man, that's just shitty behaviour. Or maybe it's the publisher for putting them on an impossible budget and schedule, but someone doesn't care and that's just not cool.

tl;dr, not graphics whores, just not okay... with... stuttering... game...play... poor... performance... Actually, if you can't lock your game at 30FPS this late in a console cycle, either you or your tools suck. Maybe even both.
I actually wrote a reply but got disconnected when I posted it so it's gone and I'm too lazy to write it again. But here's the essence: Fuck this shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
Hmm clearly he only know how to say "Please be patient" in english....
Rather "Purisu be patiento"

Last edited by Cain; Jun 16 2012 at 10:13 PM..
Old Jun 16 2012, 11:01 PM   #35
NotitsMan
hOnK

Gil: 3,570 [Donate]

Putting a smiley face after saying something douchey is one of the most abhorrent habits.

NotitsMan is offline   Send a message via MSN to NotitsMan
Old Jun 16 2012, 11:12 PM   #36
.simon
Rural Juror

Gil: 800 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Penalty View Post
Putting a smiley face after saying something douchey is one of the most abhorrent habits.
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon
Old Jun 16 2012, 11:43 PM   #37
Kijjakarn
Moogle

Gil: 640 [Donate]

It's okay if they compromise the graphics and instead stabilize the framerate of the game.

You know, apart from Academia in Final Fantasy XIII-2, Skyrim is heavily affected by the fact that it doesn't run as smoothly. I can't stand playing the game in first-person mode for longer than 30 minutes — it's giving me headaches. And though Skyrim is not in competition with the Call of Duty games, I tend to spend much more time playing the latter, because it gives me a better experience.

But in action games like God of War (and presumably Final Fantasy Versus XIII), framerate drop is not actually a big issue. By keeping it to a minimum, everything is fine.
Kijjakarn is offline   Send a message via MSN to Kijjakarn Send a message via Skype™ to Kijjakarn
Old Jun 17 2012, 06:08 AM   #38
EiserNk
Moomba

Gil: 798 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijjakarn View Post
But in action games like God of War (and presumably Final Fantasy Versus XIII), framerate drop is not actually a big issue. By keeping it to a minimum, everything is fine.
except that it is...
maybe not for gow or ffversusxiii,but for real action games like bayonetta
or devil may cry it is a huge issue
trying to input a combo only to see your screen "lag" midcombo
and lose it is a huge issue.
Gow,kingdom hearts and probably also Versus = button mashers,so yea no issue indeed but dont put action games on the same level,maybe call them action games for babies or something,or simply learn the difference.

Old Jun 17 2012, 08:29 AM   #39
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Quote:
No one likes a goody two-shoes.

Old Jun 17 2012, 10:28 AM   #40
Cain
Moomba

Quote:
I know you like me, just admit it

Closed Thread