Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Community > General Gaming
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old May 04 2012, 01:48 PM   #1
Whiplash
Current Activity: Moderating

Gil: 9,455 [Donate]
Default SSX

I cannot emphasise enough how much you all need to go and buy this game so I can beat your ghosts and get medals. Great snowboarding fun. Patagonia was so pretty I kept falling off the damn mountain because I was looking at the background, not where I was going.

Pros and cons:
+ Boards, clothes and gear now provide stat changes (but I still go for the prettiest ones)
+ Wide variety of peaks
+ Global events a fun challenge
+ Pretty
+ Great soundtrack
+ Controls a bit smoother than SSX3, although grinding environmental edges (e.g. trees, cracks) is a bit more difficult

- No straight up 2 player mode, as in competing at the same time. You can only compete against a recorded time/score
- No free ride and so none of the novelty challenges
- The things the characters yell out during the comps actually got dumber ("I think I got gnarly in my awesome!" "50% less sodium, 100% more awesome!")
- Outfit changes are just pallet swaps
- The Sentinel run is insanely difficult
- Stores only display 4 items at a time

I particularly like the 'tip' they provide for getting around the last complaint: buy something and a new item will take its place! Very EA attitude; if we haven't got what you want, buy something anyway and hope we get it in.

I like the introduction comics you get when you unlock a rider, but only in theory because the art is terrible. I also miss the concept art gallery.

Your son is a very sick boy, just look at the X-rays. You see that dark spot there? Whiplash.
Us on Twitter
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 04 2012, 02:16 PM   #2
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,350 [Donate]

I have far too many games to play to suck for your pleasure.

Played the demo back when that came out, was incredibly shitty. Me, I mean, not the demo.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 04 2012, 02:34 PM   #3
Whiplash

Even I sucked at first, Shannon, but after a few peaks I was unstoppable.

Your son is a very sick boy, just look at the X-rays. You see that dark spot there? Whiplash.
Us on Twitter
Old May 04 2012, 06:19 PM   #4
Phyxx
Moogle

Gil: 760 [Donate]

I usually win 2nd online on the trick runs only cuz the person in first is mysteriously at like 100,000,000ish score and everyone else is around 16mil. like wtf, how they do that?_?
Phyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2012, 11:30 AM   #5
Whiplash

I don't have a problem with the trick run winning scores, they're nothing outrageous if you can maintain a combo all the way down on tricky with a few mods, it's the race scores where one guy is about 10 seconds ahead of the next fastest time and everyone else is separated by milliseconds that raises my eyebrow.

Us on Twitter
Old May 11 2012, 11:58 AM   #6
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,350 [Donate]

Don't stress out over it. It won't matter when EA shuts down the servers in a year.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11 2012, 12:02 PM   #7
Whiplash

All the more reason for you all to buy the game now so I can get my ghost win medals quickly.

Us on Twitter
Old May 11 2012, 12:50 PM   #8
PhoenixSun
Damn you vile Woman!!!

Gil: 3,025 [Donate]

well i would play mine now, but i'm still in the process of reconstructing my room so my tv's in one place and my ps3 is on the other end
PhoenixSun is offline   Reply With Quote