Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Community > General Gaming
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Apr 28 2012, 08:14 AM   #41
Twat
The Twattiest

Gil: 1,060 [Donate]

Game Discussion to Copycat argument in three posts.

Copycat-ness to console war shortly after.

God damn it, guys, I thought you were better than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emuhlee View Post
I feel that with a full roster, people will be more intrigued with this game. I certainly will be.
And yes, this is what I need before I sign-up to buy. And a PS3/Vita (is it both or just one?). Right now some of the characters are kinda neat, I guess, but none that make me go "Holy crap, X is in this game? OH EM GEE." It needs more of those, but Sony isn't really decked out with those kind of characters. They'd have to draw on a lot of 3rd part characters that they happen to own rights to, or do some discussion with some PS2-heavy devs from the day.

That said, Sly looks cool to play as.
[12:58:14 AM] Salt: this one girl
[12:58:15 AM] Salt: spent like
[12:58:20 AM] Salt: over 20,000 dollars
[12:58:24 AM] Salt: on keeping her hair straight
[01:00:27 AM] Twat: i want to curl it in her sleep
[01:00:51 AM] Salt: LOL

Last edited by Twat; Apr 28 2012 at 08:17 AM..
Twat is offline   Send a message via Skype™ to Twat Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28 2012, 02:07 PM   #42
TheAtreidesHawk
AngelicWarrior

Gil: 850 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agustazz View Post
You're technically spamming or some shit according to the site rules. Been there, done that. And she won't need to report you to any mod, as she's a super moderator.
So she'll kindly give you a super kick in your butt, that you'll remember for life how butthurt you are.

No company is original now a days. It's very difficult to come up with something original in a fighting game of that sort. Sony is just giving it's fans what another company already has. They need a game like this to expand the library, so stop shitting all over the place because you don't like the idea.
I'm not a big fan of fighting games, but this looks kind of cool, even more if they decide to add 3rd party characters. Can't wait for some Persona or Metal Gear characters in there.

This. I love you.
Now you're just making up shit. Do you honestly expect me to believe that crap? That somehow me posting that sony is copying Nintendo equals spamming?

No one is that retarded. If she or he is a mod and they want to attack me because I simply called out sony for what they're blatantly doing then so be it. I did nothing wrong. I simply stated my opinion and in return 4-5 sony fanboys attacked me for being butthurt..

Yet somehow I'm the problem? Somehow I'm the villain here? Hypocrisy at its finest.
TheAtreidesHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28 2012, 07:55 PM   #43
Agustazz
Faggy McBitchin' Tits

Gil: 3,275 [Donate]

People, it's just been announced. There will be more characters, they already said it.
I'll just wait till we have more information to judge it. But the idea is pretty great.

Agustazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29 2012, 05:33 AM   #44
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,350 [Donate]

>Sony shows a SSB clone
>People getting upset when other people recognise it as such

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29 2012, 05:53 AM   #45
Whiplash
Current Activity: Moderating

Gil: 9,455 [Donate]

The original Marvel vs Capcom was such an awesome game. I think that's something we can all agree on.

Your son is a very sick boy, just look at the X-rays. You see that dark spot there? Whiplash.
Us on Twitter
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29 2012, 05:54 AM   #46
Agustazz
Faggy McBitchin' Tits

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAtreidesHawk View Post
Now you're just making up shit. Do you honestly expect me to believe that crap? That somehow me posting that sony is copying Nintendo equals spamming?

No one is that retarded. If she or he is a mod and they want to attack me because I simply called out sony for what they're blatantly doing then so be it. I did nothing wrong. I simply stated my opinion and in return 4-5 sony fanboys attacked me for being butthurt..

Yet somehow I'm the problem? Somehow I'm the villain here? Hypocrisy at its finest.
I don't know how I didn't see this before. Hmm.
Well, do as you wish. The thread is about the game, not how lame you think Sony is because of copying other's product, or how butthurt you think some of us are, making mirror of how butthurt actually YOU are.
This is the last time I enter this little game of back and forth with you, as I clearly don't need to be infracted because of it.
You've been warned, and not by me.

Now, someone mentioned playing as Sly looks cool. I find it interesting the invisibility power he has.
And the mix of backgrounds and minigames too. I never played Smash Bros., so I clearly don't know if all these is the same in that game or not. But it's awesome.

Old Apr 29 2012, 07:28 AM   #47
Aurelia
FOR XV

Gil: 2,545 [Donate]

I didn't even infract the bustah and he's still crying. Just talk about the game and uhh cry in a corner or something.

Aurelia is offline   Send a message via AIM to Aurelia Send a message via MSN to Aurelia Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29 2012, 07:34 AM   #48
Ramenzilla
oh my glob

Gil: 1,565 [Donate]

Marvel Vs Capcom 2, son.

the fifteenth cumming
Ramenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29 2012, 07:04 PM   #49
TheAtreidesHawk
AngelicWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelia View Post
I didn't even infract the bustah and he's still crying. Just talk about the game and uhh cry in a corner or something.

I WAS talking about the game until you and your friend had to attack me.

I said the GAME looks like its going to be a copycat clone of Smash Brothers from Nintendo. I further expanded upon that and said I think its a copy because thats pretty much all sony has done over the years. They take a successful product that Nintendo or Microsoft has created and they copy it.

Hence to me based off the brief gameplay trailer and what has been said the GAME itself is going to be a straight up copy of Smash Bros. For the sony record has the legal right to do whatever they want and thats their business. But they shouldn't act all scandalized and shocked when people view them for what they are based of their recurring actions. Thats all I've got to say on it. Unless something new comes out that changes my mind thats the last thing I'll say in this thread since it clear that opinions other than "OMFG its the bestest game EVAH" are not welcome.

The level of hypocrisy is outstanding.

Last edited by TheAtreidesHawk; Apr 30 2012 at 01:03 AM..
Old Apr 29 2012, 07:38 PM   #50
Aurelia
FOR XV

Gil: 2,545 [Donate]

Dude relax; all that from the previous pages is over and done. Just talk about the game (good or bad) and stop crying.

For the record I haven't played a fighting game since Soul Calibur 3. I just don't care for them. I just felt like putting it out there for no real reason at all but just to say it.

Aurelia is offline   Send a message via AIM to Aurelia Send a message via MSN to Aurelia Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29 2012, 07:58 PM   #51
Agustazz
Faggy McBitchin' Tits

Quote:
For the record I haven't played a fighting game since Soul Calibur 3. I just don't care for them.
This.
I think the last one I played was Mortal Kombat II for my old Sega Genesis. Good ol' days. ;;

Old Apr 30 2012, 01:07 AM   #52
TheAtreidesHawk
AngelicWarrior

Quote:
Quote:
Dude relax; all that from the previous pages is over and done. Just talk about the game (good or bad) and stop crying.

For the record I haven't played a fighting game since Soul Calibur 3. I just don't care for them. I just felt like putting it out there for no real reason at all but just to say it.
I'm not crying. Stop with the falsehoods. I'm simply fighting back against this false picture you're trying to paint of me.

I wouldn't respond if you would simply treat me with respect like I treat others with respect. Saying I'm "butthurt" or that I"m "crying" are just jabs at me and I'm not sit back and let them go by.

Anyways I'm done here. Like I said before its clear that anyone who doesn't agree with the group think mentality is automatically "butthurt" instead of simply having a different opinion.

Yet again I WAS talking about the game. The one minor thing that I've read which I think is a good move on sonys part is that each stage will combine themes from several games as opposed to Smash Bros where 1 stage is devoted solely to one character/game universe. That will help with differentiation but not much.
Old Apr 30 2012, 01:58 AM   #53
Agustazz
Faggy McBitchin' Tits

Thing is you do not have a different opinion. We already stated how this is a Smash Bros. wannabe, and how it still needs to show more stuff to get us hooked to the idea. But you insist on how Sony "is a copycat, with no original ideas, blah blah...". There were like 4 other posts saying how this looks like Smash Bros. before you appeared only to say how Sony is a copycat.
You sound like a spoiled child tbh, a very annoying one. If you want to be treated with respect and as an adult, then stop plucking facts out of your ass, and being so hipocritical yourself.
There isn't a single "OMFG its the bestest game EVAH" opinion. So just.

Old Apr 30 2012, 02:00 AM   #54
Yahtzee
Moomba

Gil: 195 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agustazz View Post
Thing is you do not have a different opinion. We already stated how this is a Smash Bros. wannabe, and how it still needs to show more stuff to get us hooked to the idea. But you insist on how Sony "is a copycat, with no original ideas, blah blah...". There were like 4 other posts saying how this looks like Smash Bros. before you appeared only to say how Sony is a copycat.
You sound like a spoiled child tbh, a very annoying one. If you want to be treated with respect and as an adult, then stop plucking facts out of your ass, and being so hipocritical yourself.
There isn't a single "OMFG its the bestest game EVAH" opinion. So just.
Is it weird that I have a strange attraction to you right now?
... Nope, perfectly normal.
Old Apr 30 2012, 02:03 AM   #55
NotitsMan
hOnK

Gil: 3,570 [Donate]

Quote:
Blah blah, yap yap, drivel drivel drivel.
You my friend are the epitome of butthurt, and the more blatantly you deny it and quit the thread the more evident it becomes. Just take a breather, don't take things so personally, and cheeeeell bredda.

NotitsMan is offline   Send a message via MSN to NotitsMan Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30 2012, 02:32 AM   #56
Ramenzilla
oh my glob

Gil: 1,565 [Donate]

Chill pills for everyone. The one drug I encourage everyone to get addicted to.

So how about that Playstation Smash Bros?

the fifteenth cumming
Ramenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30 2012, 02:42 AM   #57
Oracle
The thirst is real.

Gil: 7,840 [Donate]

I hope there's an online component so I can show you guys the power and might of Queen Emily, First of Her Name, Queen of the Northeast and Protector of the Realm of All Stars Battle Royale.
Old Apr 30 2012, 02:59 AM   #58
TheAtreidesHawk
AngelicWarrior

What a crock of shit. I'm done with this forum. My opinion is/was different. Other people said it was a "wannabe" and yet I'm assaulted because I said its a "clone/copycat". What the fuck ever. I'm done. This is just beyond fucking ridiculous hypocrisy. You guys win with your lies and bullshit. I tried to peacefully state my reasons and instead I'm attacked and people paint as being fucking "butthurt". Yes you'd be upset too if every single word of yours was fucking twisted to look like you were a deranged troll who was saying the same shit over and over again for no reason other than to annoy people. Which was not my original intent. But fine if you want to paint me as some dumbass retard troll go right ahead. I'm gone with this forum. Goodbye to the few people I met on here who seemed cool. I will miss the ones I met in the Spartacus Vengeance thread,
Old Apr 30 2012, 02:59 AM   #59
Agustazz
Faggy McBitchin' Tits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emuhlee View Post
I hope there's an online component so I can show you guys the power and might of Queen Emily, First of Her Name, Queen of the Northeast and Protector of the Realm of All Stars Battle Royale.
We could have a Sma-- I mean a Batle Royale marathon.
I'd certainly love to have a fist fight to death with Shannon and Claire, as we did in U3. LOL

Quote:
Goodbye to the few people I met on here who seemed cool. I will miss the ones I met in the Spartacus Vengeance thread,
Well, I was there and I even helped you with a cover. Too bad you got psychotic out of nowhere.

Last edited by Agustazz; Apr 30 2012 at 03:04 AM..
Old Apr 30 2012, 03:47 AM   #60
NotitsMan
hOnK

Gil: 3,570 [Donate]

Says he's not butthurt.

Quits the forums in a huff.

Checkmate.

NotitsMan is offline   Send a message via MSN to NotitsMan Reply With Quote