Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Fabula Nova Crystallis > Final Fantasy XIII-2 > FFXIII-2 Spoiler Discussion & Questions
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Mar 06 2012, 02:52 PM   #621
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Gil: 1,520 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The moogle View Post
didnt square mention in an interview that the 13th ark was going to be a DLC for the first game but was then abandoned because of time or something.
No, it was supposed to be the Seventh Ark.
Chat Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06 2012, 03:13 PM   #622
lozfanatik
Former L'Cie

Gil: 430 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The moogle View Post
i can see square making us buy all the DLCs and then releaseing the final chapter at the end, bastards.
Lol that's why I didn't buy Sazh's DLC, I'll just buy (if they come out) Snow's, Hope's, Fang's, Vanille's, Light's, Noel's Caius' DLC. And yes, I think they can release Noel and Caius' DLC because we don't know what really happened between them, like how Noel grew up or Caius' life before and after becoming a l'Cie and a Guardian ,how he started to worry about Yeul's destiny, for example.
lozfanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06 2012, 04:33 PM   #623
.simon
Rural Juror

Gil: 500 [Donate]

You can see how Noel lived when you go to his timeline, not to mention what he tells you. And I'm pretty sure there are a couple of fragments that explain how Caius went from a simpe l'Cie to what he is now.
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06 2012, 04:52 PM   #624
lozfanatik
Former L'Cie

Quote:
Originally Posted by .simon View Post
You can see how Noel lived when you go to his timeline, not to mention what he tells you. And I'm pretty sure there are a couple of fragments that explain how Caius went from a simpe l'Cie to what he is now.
Yes I know, but we don't know anything about his family, how he started to like the idea of becoming a Guardian (he just tells that he wanted to protect Yeul just like Caius). I also know the fragment that TELLS how Caius became l'Cie and how he becamse Guardian, but we haven't SEEN how that happened. I know it's enough from what fragments and characters quotes tell us, but it would be interesting to see how everything happened IMO (just like they did with the 13 days before tha story of XIII)
Old Mar 06 2012, 07:33 PM   #625
The moogle
Buster Sword

Gil: 60 [Donate]

the fragments only give a vague background on Caius we here about his victories in battle and how he got to be so powerfull but they seem like legends that have been passed down rather then fact. we may get more info when or if the fragments before novels come out in English particually the one about Noel, i dont think anyones has translated these books yet.
The moogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06 2012, 09:59 PM   #626
DreamlessBlu
l'Cie

Gil: 370 [Donate]

I'm not sure that Fang and Vanille will get a DLC, and I believe Snow's supposed to be getting a novel about him, rather than a DLC. Fang and Vanille have just been in crystal stasis, living in their dream world, so we know they haven't really done anything other than when they helped Serah out of her dream and save Noel. I can't really see Noel getting a DLC, but I can see Caius getting one. We know that he was a l'Cie and ended up becoming a permanent Guardian of Yeul, but other than that, we don't really know much about him. All we know are his reasons for what he's doing and that he was a l'Cie and Etro gave him the Heart of Chaos. I think it would be interesting to see why Etro pitied him and gave him the Heart. I kind of doubt Hope is getting one, too, since we know what he's been up to.

I agree that SE did a really good job with the bad ending. I kind of feel like they were going for a more realistic out reach with the game, in the sense that we don't always make the best judgments and end up screwing up something that can effect the outcome of the journey and everything tends to get worse before it can get better. In Noel and Serah's case, their decision to fight Caius led to the end of the world, but they fought him despite Yeul's warnings of "a future without the goddess" because they thought defeating him would fix the timeline for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat Noir View Post
No, it was supposed to be the Seventh Ark.
o.o Did SE release any information on what the story of the Seventh Ark was supposed to be about?

Last edited by DreamlessBlu; Mar 06 2012 at 10:02 PM..
DreamlessBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07 2012, 06:44 AM   #627
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Gil: 1,520 [Donate]

They just stated they had plans for releasing the Seventh Ark as a DLC for XIII. That's it.
Chat Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07 2012, 01:10 PM   #628
YunXD
Moogle

Gil: 300 [Donate]

And talking about DLCs, woah! I read that Lightining scenario DLC is confirmed and set for May2012. Finally! Probably we will have to fight Caius again for what I read... Well, he is boring but I donīt care, itīs good news anyways. Hope we get some clues/answers from it and maybe, who knows, a happy ending too. ;p (even tought I doubt it)

Chat Noir also posted that in another thread too, I havenīt seen it Iīm sorry guys.

Last edited by YunXD; Mar 07 2012 at 01:29 PM..
YunXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07 2012, 01:34 PM   #629
lozfanatik
Former L'Cie

May? OMG that's great, can't wait for it!
Old Mar 07 2012, 04:13 PM   #630
jtolliver23
Moogle

Gil: 95 [Donate]

Interesting thing I just read in regards to the Lightning DLC in May, but the article I read said that it would be the FIRST of the Lightning based scenarios that will be downloadable content. If a person were to read into that, then it sounds like there will be more than one Lightning based scenarios that will be DLC? Has anybody else heard anything like that?
jtolliver23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07 2012, 10:39 PM   #631
DreamlessBlu
l'Cie

Gil: 370 [Donate]

Well then I hope she gets some more DLCs than just the one in May. Kind of sucks that we have to wait until May for the first one, though. I feel like this part of the FNC series will take the whole year to finish at this rate. I kind of wish that SE had put all of the DLCs together on like, an extra disc to release a couple months after XIII-2 instead of doing all the DLCs seperately over the year like this.
DreamlessBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08 2012, 01:24 PM   #632
lozfanatik
Former L'Cie

They really like to make their fans wait geez
Old Apr 14 2012, 09:55 PM   #633
lozfanatik
Former L'Cie

Hi again guys. After replaying a bit the game I found a really interesting quote from Yeul at 500AF. 'A cruel fate. Endlessly repeated, with no hope of release. I cannot see any future'

Again, this is from Yeul answering Noel's question about what is going to happen at 500 AF when you're about to fight Caius
The 'endlessly repeates' part does confirm the cycle theory? She also mentions that she cannot see any future, does this mean that Caiuss fufilled his mission when the cycle 1st began? IMO both answers are yea
Old Apr 20 2012, 06:34 AM   #634
JesusRobbo
Moogle

Lightbulb

Seriously, i thought that this game was really good as a continuation from XIII and the ending just makes me want them to hurry up, forget all of this DLC, and release XIII-3.

I do think the Lightning DLC is going to be interesting as it's gonna chronicle the battle between Caius and herself, but i think one point needs to be brought up here (it may already have been i got bored of reading some of the nonsense on this thread) and that is that all of this happened prior to the ending.

Now when i say prior i mean it's at the end of the chain as far as the 'timeline' stands. Technically at this point time has ceased to exist, that having been Caius' plan all along. The scene we see with Lightning turned to crystal is the end point of her story and coincides with the end point of Sereh's story. As far as this game goes at least...

So yeah the DLC won't further things so much as flesh out whats already happened.

It might however, and i really hope this is the case, explain WHY Lightning is turned to crystal. Time for my bit of guesswork, i think it's possible that Lightning has become the new goddess to an extent. Remeber in the mythology, Mwynn was fading into the Chaos as Etro arrived, Mwynn leaving her the task of keeping the balance between the two realms, and presumably some power to do this with, seeing as Bhunivelze gave her sod all.

Now Lightning at the end of XIII is dragged into Valhalla, and Etro is in a point of weakness due to her acting upon the timeline and saving the gang. Caius seizes upon this seemingly and enacts his plan to break the flow of time and free Yeul from her curse. Now whats to say upon the end of the game, Etro being killed inadvertantly by Noel, that Etro didn't bestow her powers and duties upon Lightning?

Long shot i know, and if it's already been discussed i apologise.

Also, first post, yay go me....
JesusRobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20 2012, 08:19 PM   #635
lozfanatik
Former L'Cie

Well you're probably right about the DLC not giving enough info, but,I don't think that will be the only DLC that will answer some of our questions we've brought here.

One weak point I see of your theory of Lightning being the new goddess is that, if she really is the new goddess of chaos, why would she allow the chaos to escape of Valhalla? I mean why would she allow the fatal ending to happen? Because she is in that stone state? I don't think so, because Vanille and Fang can actually communicate with their friends altho they don't hear them (I think it was mentioned why they can't hear them on one of the episodes), and she is a goddess, come on, the word says it all XD.
Old Apr 25 2012, 05:11 AM   #636
JesusRobbo
Moogle

I see your point but maybe Etro upon dying bestowed the power on Lightning so she can help to try restore order, because as soon as Etro dies the gate opens so the Chaos is already released.

Just it was literally the first theory that popped into my head and it makes sense, i doubt it's what they'll be doing cause they are much, MUCH smarter than me, lol.
JesusRobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27 2012, 06:25 PM   #637
lozfanatik
Former L'Cie

Lol yea and than me, besides theories are just...that, theories. They can probably twist all this and make something that makes sense. But oh well, all we can do is wait (I prefer that rather than blowing my mind off)

Btw Leaferian, I found a quote on the game that verifies that Etro DID change the future by saving the heroes. Well actually 2 quotes from Lightning and Caius

Light: 'The screams of the dying had unlocked a gate-A door that led directly to the throne of the goddess. Etro waited beyond the gate, and sent her miracles to the human world. But a creeping darkness slipped through, and threatened to devour our reality.'

Caius: 'Long ago, the goddess Etro rescued you and your friends from your fate as l'Cie. For you, it was a miracle. For Yeul, a sentence of death. In that moment, immutable history was transformed. Time was twisted.'

After hearing this I highly doubt that Etro's action in that moment should have happened in the NORMAL flow of time (with this I mean that Yeul had a vision about it, which means that the future was changed, so if Etro wouldn't have saved them, she wouldn't have had that vision right?) So, to put it short, FFXIII-2 was born thanks to her

Last edited by lozfanatik; Apr 27 2012 at 06:29 PM..
Old May 17 2012, 07:14 PM   #638
lozfanatik
Former L'Cie

Is it just me or this Lightning DLC ONLY explained why Lightning wanted Serah to start her journey and why Light went into stone form? And, it also showed a bit of what happens after the canon ending...but it's not the big deal right? Ugh I'm smelling a XIII-3 ><
Old May 18 2012, 01:58 AM   #639
jtolliver23
Moogle

Gil: 95 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozfanatik View Post
Is it just me or this Lightning DLC ONLY explained why Lightning wanted Serah to start her journey and why Light went into stone form? And, it also showed a bit of what happens after the canon ending...but it's not the big deal right? Ugh I'm smelling a XIII-3 ><

I think you're right, there will be a XIII-3. The way that the Lightning DLC ended, it just seems like there would have to be in order to finish up this series. I just wish that they would hurry up and do it. No real ending just drives me nuts.
jtolliver23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2012, 02:14 AM   #640
Yahtzee
Moomba

Gil: 195 [Donate]

I guess we'll be getting Final Fantasy XIII-2-II then.