Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Community > General Gaming
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Apr 25 2012, 05:58 PM   #61
Oracle
The thirst is real.

Gil: 7,840 [Donate]

But even though it's the same region, it's a new Pokemon game. It'd be stupid for them to do a direct sequel of a game that's based primarily on catching new creatures each time without having something new and exciting to offer. And it's not like anyone plays Pokemon for the story, so the game would appeal to only REALLY devoted fans.

tl;dr No one would buy it if they only offered the same Pokemon again.
Old Apr 25 2012, 11:12 PM   #62
Moklin

Gil: 1,340 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emuhlee View Post

tl;dr No one would buy it if they only offered the same Pokemon again.
Crystal, Emerald and Platinum didn´t have new Pokemons. People buy pokemon games either way.
This is a 5th gen game so if they want to respect tradition there won´t be new pokemons. I hope i´m wrong.
Old Apr 25 2012, 11:57 PM   #63
.simon
Rural Juror

Gil: 800 [Donate]

Quote:
Crystal, Emerald and Platinum didn´t have new Pokemons. People buy pokemon games either way.
That's pretty much what I meant. From gen3 onward, there's been the usual 2 pokemon games, and then a third version + spin-offs (like the Mystery Dungeon series) and remakes would come out. Now, given that there's not going to be a third version (and I don't see a remake of RSE anytime soon either), BW2 seems to be the equivalent of those "secondary" game for this gen.

The best you could hope for are new forms. We already have two after all.
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26 2012, 12:27 AM   #64
Oracle
The thirst is real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moklin View Post
This is a 5th gen game so if they want to respect tradition there won´t be new pokemons. I hope i´m wrong.
But they were essentially the exact same as each other, except for the legendaries. They were released around the same time as one another, so if they're the same game, why wouldn't they have the same Pokemon?
Old Apr 26 2012, 02:47 AM   #65
Ethan
Administrator

Gil: 3,909 [Donate]

Em has a point in that, these games (Pokemon Black 2 and White 2) are not being presented as the "3rd game" they are being presented as sequels. Which has never been done before.

Having said that, I really don't think we can assume to know anything about what's going to happen next based on anything that's happened in the past.

Ethan is offline   Send a message via MSN to Ethan Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26 2012, 07:56 AM   #66
Singularity
1 tree. 1000 matches.

Gil: 2,555 [Donate]

I never finished Pokemon Black, which is a first for me really because I'd always been a Pokemon fanatic before that. It's not that I consider myself 'too old' or anything silly like that, it's just that I couldn't shake the strong feeling that I was doing the same thing I'd already spent thousands of hours on in my past, with (in my opinion) much weaker Pokemon. I guess the story seemed a little promising but it still boiled down to going to gyms and dealing with the bad guys. The region was interesting too but similarly, I'd done it all before.

I don't know if I'll get this. It's a bit of a catch-22 for Nintendo; I think they're running out of Pokemon ideas (they stopped being great at gen three for me, with only a handful of good ones in gen four and very few in gen five) but at the same time if they don't put them in a new game, it will be a tougher sell. I think the lack of creative designs is being reflected now in this being the first ever direct sequel to a Pokemon game.

When we get a full-3D Pokemon game for the 3DS, with the graphics of Coliseum/XD and the gameplay of the core series, then I think I'll start paying attention again.
Singularity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26 2012, 04:53 PM   #67
Oracle
The thirst is real.

God I'd love another Pokemon Colosseum for the 3DS.

Last edited by Oracle; Apr 26 2012 at 07:44 PM..
Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26 2012, 07:34 PM   #68
Singularity
1 tree. 1000 matches.

Never understood the hate for it, I loved that game and its sequel to bits. F-yeah shadow Pokemon.
Old Apr 26 2012, 09:56 PM   #69
Ethan
Administrator

I pre ordered this today.

WHITE 2 OF COURSE. WHITE POWAH.

Old May 11 2012, 04:06 PM   #70
.simon
Rural Juror

From Serebii:
Quote:
Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 - New Forms & Information
The first image from CoroCoro has leaked out and showcases the first new Pokémon forms revealed. This issue's cover showcases that the Pokémon; Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus each have new forms. It is currently unknown if these forms feature any new types but they do match the silhouettes from Pokémon AR Searcher shown last month. We'll bring more on this as and when it comes
Edit @ 07:58: The original leaker of the magazine states that the magazine showcases Cheren, Bianca, Brock and Giovanni. This information is yet to be confirmed but we'll provide evidence either way as soon as possible
Edit @ 08:52: More information is coming from the leaker of the magazine. As before, this is currently unconfirmed while we await scans. First, Pokéwood replaces the musicals and is the movie theatre seen in the trailer. Next, Cheren is said to be a gym leader and finally, the forms of Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus are exclusively captured in the 3DS game; Pokémon AR Searcher, and then sent to the Black 2 and White 2 games from there
Edit @ 10:30: Pokémon Smash's episode on May 20th is due to have new Black 2 & White 2 information. Presumably it's the same information coming from CoroCoro, but there should be footage within it
Edit @ 12:45: The leaker also mentioned that there's a facility where various other leaders from the past games appear including Lance, Volkner, Blue, Misty & Steven. Like before, this stuff has yet to be officially confirmed

Some of this stuff looks too fan-servicing to be real (Misty and Blue?) but everything sounds awesome. If it's all ture it could be even better than BW!

Old May 11 2012, 05:21 PM   #71
Ethan
Administrator

I'm really liking this info, all old gym leaders and elite four? hell yeah
guess we finally know what that silhouette is now.

pokebeach think they all look female, which, if anyone remembers, those pokemon were originally male, so perhaps these are now female counterparts. or just now gender differences for these?

Old May 12 2012, 12:14 AM   #72
Oracle
The thirst is real.

Why is that bird wearing a bra?
Old May 12 2012, 02:53 AM   #73
Ethan
Administrator

Pokebeach speculated they were both or maybe all 3 wearing what looks like bras, making them female.

Old May 12 2012, 04:29 AM   #74
Oracle
The thirst is real.

Well yeah, but Pokemon wearing bras is ruining my childhood.
Old May 12 2012, 04:59 AM   #75
Whiplash
Current Activity: Moderating

Gil: 9,455 [Donate]

Nope, do not want boobs on Pokemon, Fan Fiction Fridays are disturbing enough already.

Your son is a very sick boy, just look at the X-rays. You see that dark spot there? Whiplash.
Us on Twitter
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2012, 06:11 AM   #76
.simon
Rural Juror

More Info + scans
Quote:
The first images from inside CoroCoro have started to come. These images showcase further screenshots of Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 and provide a lot of information. First, it confirms Alder will appear early on within the game and asks the player to follow him
Cheren is a Normal-type Gym Leader while Bianca gives you your starter Pokémon as a favour for Juniper
Nobody seems to know where N has gone
New Professor is Professor Burnett who is in AR Searcher
Tornadus, Thundurus and Landorus original forms are Incarnation Forme. Their new forms are Sacred Beast Forme. They are 198, 199 and 200 in the Unova Dex and have no type changes
Tornadus' Sacred Beast Forme focuses on Defense, Speed & Special Defense
Thundurus' Sacred Beast Forme has increased Special Attack
Landorus' Sacred Beast Forme has increased Attack
Mecha Tyranitar is part of PokéWood. Icirrus City Gym Leader Brycen appears, has a confrontation with Homika's father who wants to be a movie star, and is part of PokéWood. PokéWood allows you to select a scenario and then make the movie. Various battles appear
Pokémon World Tournament allows you to battle many of the old Gym Leaders and Champions including those listed yesterday and Janine & Blaine.

Spoiler:

I'm warming up to the new forms. They're not as bad as I thought.

Last edited by .simon; May 12 2012 at 06:40 AM..
Old May 12 2012, 07:46 AM   #77
Whiplash
Current Activity: Moderating

Gil: 9,455 [Donate]

Nope, still terrifying. They look like mustachioed Scotsmen in drag.

Your son is a very sick boy, just look at the X-rays. You see that dark spot there? Whiplash.
Us on Twitter
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2012, 10:00 AM   #78
Singularity
1 tree. 1000 matches.

... why is Giovanni in the second picture? HG/SS implied that he committed suicide after you defeated him. I'll have to finish Black as soon as I get my flashcard updated.

Last edited by Singularity; May 12 2012 at 10:05 AM..
Old May 13 2012, 09:28 PM   #79
khod
Moogle

Gil: 410 [Donate]

At least they aren't pallete swaps of each other anymore - This game needs to have more new stuff to be a good sequel, they haven't even fixed the horrible pixelated back sprites, I like the animations, but upscaling the sprites is just lazyness !
khod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2012, 09:44 PM   #80
Yahtzee
Moomba

Gil: 195 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post

Tornadoralina!