Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Community > General Chat
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Apr 17 2012, 06:29 PM   #41
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,350 [Donate]

These are the things I remembered existed the other day.

Spoiler:
I've had Poliwhirl since forever. He was originally a keyring and came in a pokeball, but the pokeball broke years ago and I hate keyring danglies. He has trouble standing up on his own, presumably because he was never meant to stand up.

The Basch and Auron are from the Trading Arts mini vol. 2 set. I bought them back in 2008. Seven dollars each, I've never felt like they were worth it.

The two Hello Kitty things are from the gashapon (what do we call those in English, anyway) from the local shopping centre. They never have anything good in them.

The anime chick is from... a show that I can't remember. She stands on that platform horribly (she's like the leaning tower of Pisa, really) and the pole that came with her to shove up her arse and make her stand straight never actually did that. She's another gashapon toy, this time from... I can't remember where in Japan. It was either Fujiyoshida or Hiroshima.

The Gundam is another gashapon toy from the local shopping centre. He had wings, but I seem to have lost them.

Slime is from a Fujiyoshida bookshop. I was in there to pick up that month's Jump SQ (back when I was into Claymore. The joke was on me at first, because it wasn't running that month, but it was the issue that introduced me to Tista, so take that, Shueisha) and the first two volumes of the Seirei no Moribito manga. I was looking around and saw a basket of Slime-related merchandise and said "why the fuck not" and picked him up. He is my constant computing companion. I don't even like Dragon Quest, but I like Slime. Everyone likes Slime.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17 2012, 06:49 PM   #42
Twat
The Twattiest

Gil: 1,060 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitmitsu View Post
Spoiler:
Why do I feel so ashamed?
Spoiler:
Because deep down, you know this is your gateway figure to even more bishouju things.
[12:58:14 AM] Salt: this one girl
[12:58:15 AM] Salt: spent like
[12:58:20 AM] Salt: over 20,000 dollars
[12:58:24 AM] Salt: on keeping her hair straight
[01:00:27 AM] Twat: i want to curl it in her sleep
[01:00:51 AM] Salt: LOL
Twat is offline   Send a message via Skype™ to Twat Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17 2012, 07:07 PM   #43
Kitmitsu
A googely-doogely

Gil: 1,495 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dunham View Post

These are the things I remembered existed the other day.

Spoiler:
I've had Poliwhirl since forever. He was originally a keyring and came in a pokeball, but the pokeball broke years ago and I hate keyring danglies. He has trouble standing up on his own, presumably because he was never meant to stand up.

The Basch and Auron are from the Trading Arts mini vol. 2 set. I bought them back in 2008. Seven dollars each, I've never felt like they were worth it.

The two Hello Kitty things are from the gashapon (what do we call those in English, anyway) from the local shopping centre. They never have anything good in them.

The anime chick is from... a show that I can't remember. She stands on that platform horribly (she's like the leaning tower of Pisa, really) and the pole that came with her to shove up her arse and make her stand straight never actually did that. She's another gashapon toy, this time from... I can't remember where in Japan. It was either Fujiyoshida or Hiroshima.

The Gundam is another gashapon toy from the local shopping centre. He had wings, but I seem to have lost them.

Slime is from a Fujiyoshida bookshop. I was in there to pick up that month's Jump SQ (back when I was into Claymore. The joke was on me at first, because it wasn't running that month, but it was the issue that introduced me to Tista, so take that, Shueisha) and the first two volumes of the Seirei no Moribito manga. I was looking around and saw a basket of Slime-related merchandise and said "why the fuck not" and picked him up. He is my constant computing companion. I don't even like Dragon Quest, but I like Slime. Everyone likes Slime.
They may be poor quality but it's the MEMORIES that count. I had that Poliwhirl but I left it in Menorca. Also, aren't gashapon called capsule toys or trading figures? I detest Dragon Quest. Even Slime. Hate me. But you have a very cute collection <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twat View Post
Spoiler:
Because deep down, you know this is your gateway figure to even more bishouju things.
No way. I'd never be the kind of person to let things get out of hand. That'll never happen.

On another subject I really want GSC to announce a release date for their Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade fig. I'd buy her as Shinobu but they're all far too pedo.

I also want this to go with my BRS nendo.

Kitmitsu is offline   Send a message via MSN to Kitmitsu Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17 2012, 07:13 PM   #44
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

My elbow nudged something and I realised: I forgot Koro.

Koro is from this short film. One of the Ghibli films I like. It's adorable, Koro is adorable. I also have a Catbus and catbat somewhere, but I can't remember where.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Old Apr 20 2012, 04:49 PM   #45
Kitmitsu
A googely-doogely

I must see this Catbus.

Stocking is going up for preorder next Wednesday. They released more photos of her. Why are her wings growing out of her hair?

Just bought a Miku too because she came back in stock. First actual fig. Someone stop me.

Last edited by Kitmitsu; Apr 20 2012 at 05:12 PM..
Old Apr 20 2012, 06:09 PM   #46
Aurelia
FOR XV

Gil: 2,545 [Donate]

>Mikku

Rob, why?

Aurelia is offline   Send a message via AIM to Aurelia Send a message via MSN to Aurelia Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20 2012, 07:04 PM   #47
Kitmitsu
A googely-doogely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelia View Post
>Mikku

Rob, why?
Miku*

What's wrong with Miku? She's playing a keytar plugged into an octopus. I don't have to explain shit.

Old Apr 25 2012, 05:26 PM   #48
Kitmitsu
A googely-doogely

$489.99. Really fucking want it though.

Pre-ordered stocking today. Got to wait until September.

Old Apr 25 2012, 05:52 PM   #49
Oracle
The thirst is real.

Gil: 7,840 [Donate]

That reminds me. I used to LOVE my Zoids models. They were so cool. You built them and they had a wind up motor so you could have them walk awkwardly around. I just loved putting them together, though. God I miss them.

Old Apr 26 2012, 12:28 AM   #50
Twat
The Twattiest

I'm pretty sure they still get released every now and then, and if you dig around the web you'll probably find some of the older ones for 10 bucks or so.
Old Apr 29 2012, 09:50 PM   #51
Kitmitsu
A googely-doogely

Old Apr 30 2012, 10:41 AM   #52
Twat
The Twattiest

Those are so adorable. I just want to hug them.

Also, about 2/3 of my recent hlj order are ready to be shipped, I just need to pay. Getting a bit of a haul with this one, six Gundam kits, two weapon packs, and some decals.

The order as a whole -

Spoiler:

Plus a sheet of decals. I'm going to have to find some generic letter and number decals, too, but I won't even have all these kits arrived and finished until sometime in July, at earliest.

That said, I would love to know which ones you guys find the best looking, coolest, stuff like that. It's been interesting for me to see the opinions on these Zaku variations from people that don't really watch Gundam.
Old May 03 2012, 05:05 PM   #53
Kitmitsu
A googely-doogely

I'd never have enough patience or skill to build things like those. I wish the things I buy could be creative ;_;

I've never watched Gundam but I suppose the coolest looking is the red one. I'm not very into mecha though.

Miku arrived. She's big:

Old May 03 2012, 05:10 PM   #54
Lymle
。◕‿◕。

Gil: 700 [Donate]

Where did you get Miku from?
Old May 03 2012, 05:42 PM   #55
Kitmitsu
A googely-doogely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lymle View Post
Where did you get Miku from?
She was a restock on AmiAmi. She sold out ten minutes after I ordered her I'm afraid.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...e=FIG-MOE-4502

Old May 03 2012, 05:56 PM   #56
Lymle
。◕‿◕。

Gil: 700 [Donate]

Nooo ;_;

Hopefully she'll be back in stock soon.
Old May 03 2012, 09:51 PM   #57
Twat
The Twattiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitmitsu View Post
I'd never have enough patience or skill to build things like those. I wish the things I buy could be creative ;_;

I've never watched Gundam but I suppose the coolest looking is the red one. I'm not very into mecha though.
You'd have to be super low on patience, and skill isn't much required (unless you're doing custom builds or painting). Honestly, the longest I've ever taken on a kit is probably 12 hours, and that was a Real Grade (all of which have been 2500JPY), which has several hundred very tiny pieces. Most of the kits I get are small, 1/144 scales HGs (anywhere from $6 to $50 averaging at about 4-5"). Mostly big parts, just clip them off a runner, snap assembly. Very easy, very cool. Without panel lining, painting, all that stuff, it can take as little as 4 hours.

On the flip side, there's the massive Perfect Grade kits which can take several days worth of building time to complete. They cost about $200, low-end. I want one.

But if you're not that into mecha, and you really wanna try, pop for one that you think looks really cool. These things aren't that expensive, don't take up much space. I love 'em. I have about 15 in my room, I think, but 2 have been broken. The 6 I just ordered should get here on the 10th. :3

EDIT: Also, Lymle, Miku is a very popular character (as I'm sure you know). If you're okay with not getting that specific statue, there are about a hundred different Miku toys out there.
Old Jun 30 2012, 06:13 PM   #58
Aurelia
FOR XV

Gil: 2,545 [Donate]

Will the Alter Panty be re-released? Because I friggin missed out on it and she's sold out EVERYWHERE. But at least I know in my heart I can get the Alter Momohime when they re-release it this year.

I will also be getting the future Kotobukiya Bishoujo Huntress figure. It will be showcased in SDCC, which I will be attending. I hope they re-release Catwoman and Miss Marvel. Those are beautiful. Emma Frost too.

Aurelia is offline   Send a message via AIM to Aurelia Send a message via MSN to Aurelia Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30 2012, 06:36 PM   #59
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Quote:
Kotobukiya Bishoujo
Speaking of, they're doing Femshep.

Old Jun 30 2012, 10:20 PM   #60
Kitmitsu
A googely-doogely

Quote:
Will the Alter Panty be re-released? Because I friggin missed out on it and she's sold out EVERYWHERE.
I saw her on Mandarake a while back. Keep checking there and she might appear. She's not too popular though so maybe not.

I no longer display anything due to people I live with feeling uncomfortable with Nendoroids of all things.