Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Fabula Nova Crystallis > Fabula Nova Crystallis Compilation
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Mar 23 2012, 08:58 PM   #61
Ethan
Administrator

Gil: 3,609 [Donate]

I keep on reading new replies, don't know why though since I can't seem to get myself to read the entire thread. I feel like I don't want to anyway.

Ethan is offline   Send a message via MSN to Ethan Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23 2012, 10:21 PM   #62
Ramenzilla
oh my glob

Gil: 1,565 [Donate]

Y'all mad that Caius wanted to protect a little girl instead of Lightning's vagina.

the fifteenth cumming
Ramenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24 2012, 04:00 AM   #63
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,050 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by .simon View Post
You ladies hate Hope because you're jealous that he's a prettier girl than all of you.
If I bathe in his blood, will I be eternally youthful?

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24 2012, 05:52 AM   #64
Ariana
FOR XV

Gil: 760 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dunham View Post
If I bathe in his blood, will I be eternally youthful?
Two birds, one stone. He's dead, and we get the fountain of youth.

Ariana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18 2012, 08:14 PM   #65
Dokma0X
Moogle

Gil: 190 [Donate]

well, i like both games. i think their stories are good
Dokma0X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20 2012, 11:07 PM   #66
Cain
Moomba

Gil: 2,055 [Donate]

I enjoyed both games. In my opinion they don't suck. True, I was disappointed first cause the trailer for ffXIII got my expectations hyped but after the first few hours I started to enjoy it. Personally I like XIII better than XIII-2, mostly the story, XIII-2 had a good concept but they messed it up, it got too complicated. And the characters of XIII were better.
Spoiler:
In XIII-2 I did enjoy playing Noel, but Sarah was sooooo annoying, honestly I am happy that in the end THAT THING happened to her.

Last edited by Cain; Apr 21 2012 at 12:59 AM..
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20 2012, 11:55 PM   #67
Jake
I'M ON TOP

Gil: 920 [Donate]

Just enclose whatever's a spoiler in spoiler tags. [ spoiler] [ /spoiler] Without that space obviously. Also, sarcasm is rampant here. You may want to keep that in mind. This thread being an example.

I'm objectifying you. Sexually.

[19:01:12] Ethan Don't click unless you want to see the hole
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21 2012, 12:53 AM   #68
Cain
Moomba

Gil: 2,055 [Donate]

aaaahh thanks! Nice to meet you btw ^^
And sarcasm is my speciality, you'll notice sooner or later >=D
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07 2012, 09:17 PM   #69
Мasamune
Moogle

Gil: 550 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokma0X View Post
well, i like both games. i think their stories are good
Really? I would have to disagree there. FFXIII's narrative is an absolute trainwreck. The underlying problem is that the characters are dumped from A to B without any rhyme or reason except for the purpose of fulfilling the plot.

How about the third act of the game...
Spoiler:
The final chapter summary explicitly states that the gang know they are being manipulated by Barthandelus, who wants Orphan destroyed for his master plan... and it finishes with the imperative: 'Destroy Orphan!' WHY!? THAT'S ENTIRELY WHAT THE BIG BAD WANTS US TO DO! Why not... IDK... stay the #$@* away from Orphan? Surely that makes a lot more sense? But the plot needed to have its final fight, so that's what happens.
Old Jul 09 2012, 01:34 AM   #70
Yahtzee
Moomba

Gil: 195 [Donate]

Expesive ass DLC that only lasts 5 minutes...
Old Jul 31 2012, 06:04 PM   #71

Gil: 240 [Donate]

Just finally completed FFXIII game story the other day, bought it when it first hit the shops... Got bored half way through it when I first played it, Now out of sheer boredom and too much free time I finally finished the storyline. It's about damn time games were automated like that, why play them when the game can be played for you. Libra > Auto-attack is the future of Final Fantasy.
Would probably have had more fun watching someone play the whole game on youtube. Would have given the same experience as actually playing the game.
I mean I know I can turn off Auto-battle, But why? Just so I can pick the same moves the computer would have...?
Versus Hurry The F Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03 2012, 06:17 PM   #72
thettunhan
Cactuar

Gil: 30 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus Hurry The F Up View Post
Just finally completed FFXIII game story the other day, bought it when it first hit the shops... Got bored half way through it when I first played it, Now out of sheer boredom and too much free time I finally finished the storyline. It's about damn time games were automated like that, why play them when the game can be played for you. Libra > Auto-attack is the future of Final Fantasy.
Would probably have had more fun watching someone play the whole game on youtube. Would have given the same experience as actually playing the game.
I mean I know I can turn off Auto-battle, But why? Just so I can pick the same moves the computer would have...?
Well, XIII and XIII-2 mechanics are not for Auto-Attack vs Manual Input.
It's more about Paradigm shifts and how fast you can shift to survive against strong enemies.
thettunhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04 2012, 01:38 PM   #73

Gil: 240 [Donate]

I know that, But still didn't take to it. You have no control over what the others do, unless you decide to play that character. They also have a bad habit of sticking close to the tank, especially that little prick Hope, Can't count the times I've had to raise him because he liked to bum hug Snow.
Also miss the MP system, just didn't feel right with no mana to look at. I don't know what the Crystarium looks like after you complete the story, But what happened to Flare, Holy etc, All the bad ass spells.
If someone liked the system, Then that's fine. Just wasn't for me.
Versus Hurry The F Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10 2012, 04:05 PM   #74
Zero Phoenix
Banned

Gil: 625 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus Hurry The F Up View Post
I know that, But still didn't take to it. You have no control over what the others do, unless you decide to play that character. They also have a bad habit of sticking close to the tank, especially that little prick Hope, Can't count the times I've had to raise him because he liked to bum hug Snow.
Also miss the MP system, just didn't feel right with no mana to look at. I don't know what the Crystarium looks like after you complete the story, But what happened to Flare, Holy etc, All the bad ass spells.
If someone liked the system, Then that's fine. Just wasn't for me.

I'll agree with that. I didn't have that many issues with the paradigm system but the character A.I. was at times just beyond the idiotic. [Like some mods on this forum. Ahem.] The party would almost always group together when a boss was doing a wide-area attack. This made fighting Barthendalus a frustrating chore in repetition. Doubly so because he wasn't even a terribly difficult boss.
Old Aug 10 2012, 04:10 PM   #75
.simon
Rural Juror

Gil: 800 [Donate]

Stop ruining this thread.
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10 2012, 04:13 PM   #76
Zero Phoenix
Banned

Quote:
Stop ruining this thread.
How am I ruining the thread? I voiced my similar distate toward how the A.I. grouped your characters together. Of course the paradigm system wasn't the greatest but it kept the battles fun and I enjoyed it. But "herding" your characters was something I had an issue with. Do these facts displease you?
Old Aug 10 2012, 04:18 PM   #77
.simon
Rural Juror

I wasn't even talking to you.
Old Aug 10 2012, 04:21 PM   #78
Zero Phoenix
Banned

Quote:
I wasn't even talking to you.
Your post came directly after mine so I presumed you were. Perhaps you should quote the person whom you're directing your post towards so as to avoid these misunderstandings in the future. Quotes - they're here for a reason. And whoever the hell you're talking to really doesn't matter because from my pov, i.e., the one that matters, so far everyone has had valid arguments with regards to XIII and XIII-2 so from the outset your post has no merit in this discussion. No one is ruining it sans maybe yourself.
Old Aug 10 2012, 04:33 PM   #79
.simon
Rural Juror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Phoenix View Post
Your post came directly after mine so I presumed you were. Perhaps you should quote the person whom you're directing your post towards so as to avoid these misunderstandings in the future. Quotes - they're here for a reason. And whoever the hell you're talking to really doesn't matter because from my pov, i.e., the one that matters, so far everyone has had valid arguments with regards to XIII and XIII-2 so from the outset your post has no merit in this discussion. No one is ruining it sans maybe yourself.
Exactly .
Old Aug 10 2012, 04:38 PM   #80
Zero Phoenix
Banned

Quote:
Exactly .
Did you just Jedi me bro?