Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Fabula Nova Crystallis > Final Fantasy XIII-2 > FFXIII-2 Spoiler Discussion & Questions
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Apr 13 2012, 08:02 PM   #1
neo0031
Sometimes Here

Gil: 425 [Donate]
Default Archylte Steppe bug, not the gate one.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before or not, but google-sensei and other forums hasn't been helpful much, since this isn't a game breaking bug. But here goes.

Has anyone notice (probably has) that Mog tends to do that "Ohhhh I've noticed something different here, kupo!" thing, when the players approach the most-West-erly cactuar statue on Archylte Steppe?

I've tried Moogle hunt in the 4 different weathers, and nothing. I've even tried throwing Mog at the Cactuar statue 10 consecutive times. (out of frustration.)

I know this isn't a game-breaking bug, but it is driving me nuts whenever I farm in the west part of the map. I'm sure that I'm not the only one experiencing this situation, so would any other veterans care to share their wisdom on this?

I have all 160 fragments and platinum-ed the game... So it's not like I'm missing out on anything..... But my sanity is at risk here. Thanks for any help.
neo0031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13 2012, 08:42 PM   #2
.simon
Rural Juror

Gil: 500 [Donate]

The only thing that comes to mind is those unique monsters that you can get with moogle throw, there should be a couple in the Steppe. I don't know if Mog notices them though. It never happened to me.
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13 2012, 09:05 PM   #3
neo0031
Sometimes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by .simon View Post
The only thing that comes to mind is those unique monsters that you can get with moogle throw, there should be a couple in the Steppe. I don't know if Mog notices them though. It never happened to me.
Monsters on Steppe.... I've got the Chichu, and I distinctly remember that's far from where I'm on about.

It's the Cactuar stone close to the cliff on the west. I remember throwing Mog down the cliff for one of the fragments.... a bit North West from where this "bug" occurs..... But I doubt this is it. Mog keeps doing that flash thing and tells you there's something here, same as when he finds an invisible item sphere/etc. I've tried Mog hunt in that place for all 4 weathers, and nothing. And yes, it does occur regardless of which weather.

Last edited by neo0031; Apr 14 2012 at 12:43 AM.. Reason: Correct name found
Old Apr 13 2012, 10:33 PM   #4
NotitsMan
hOnK

Gil: 3,270 [Donate]

All I can say is every time I thought Mog was wrong about finding something hidden, I later found that he'd been on to something all along. I don't remember this particular spot though.

NotitsMan is offline   Send a message via MSN to NotitsMan Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14 2012, 12:00 AM   #5
neo0031
Sometimes Here

I've just tried again (Not obsessed, just happen to be farming there in Steppe), and same goes for Noel and Serah.

Mog notices something, flies over. I walk to where Mog is, activate his thing (R1/RB), then he turns disappointed. After his animation, he instantly "forgets" there's nothing here, and give me another "I've found something" reaction.

If it helps, it happens here : (Location "5")

Old Apr 14 2012, 01:19 AM   #6
Jeremy
I ❤ you all.. sexually

Gil: 340 [Donate]

I think Mog is alerting you to a Wild Artefact. Head directly west of Cactuar Waystone (5) until you reach the edge of the map and angle the camera to show the ledge below. The Artefact should then be visible enough for you know where to throw Mog. If you've already obtained the Artefact, my next guess would be another monster crystal that can only be obtained with Moogle Throw. Locate a small island at the center of Clearwater Marshes (it's not around location 5, I know) and start throwing as there's a 10% chance to obtain the monster.

Spoiler:

made by Rami!
Jeremy is offline   Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14 2012, 12:35 PM   #7
neo0031
Sometimes Here

I doubt it's a fragment/artefact, since I have all 160, and had all the artefacts I needed to get everywhere.

I've threw him off (from that spot, in all directions) many a times now.... I'll try center of Clearwater Marshes. I think you're talking about Nanochu.... I'll see if I already have him. If not, I'll get the crystal and see if the situation still occurs. Thanks again.

EDIT : I've went to that place between the two lines of water, and even though I distinctly remember getting Nanochu and infused it with a monster that I have now forgotten, I still tried throwing him up into that place.

About 25 gils and 3 dozens of Malodoroud fruits later, I doubt I'm getting anything new from the spot...

Last edited by neo0031; Apr 14 2012 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: New info, dictation
Old Apr 14 2012, 11:29 PM   #8
Phyxx
Moogle

Gil: 460 [Donate]

Maybe Mog just freaks out near crazy cactuar teleportation thingy?
Phyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14 2012, 11:45 PM   #9
neo0031
Sometimes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxx View Post
Maybe Mog just freaks out near crazy cactuar teleportation thingy?
I have no choice but to believe that.... Mog only freaks out around that one though..... Even thought I've platinum-ed the game, and farming different things to fight Gilgamesh..... Every time Mog doing this makes me feel like I've missed some major part of the game or something..... :/

I am paranoid.