Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Fabula Nova Crystallis > Final Fantasy XIII-2 > FFXIII-2 Spoiler Discussion & Questions
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Apr 12 2012, 10:24 AM   #1
adamsaturibu
Moogle

Gil: 40 [Donate]
Question DLC not Loading

None of my DLC is loading in the game. Got the game and downloaded the DLCs before I started the game (two days ago right when the new Gilgamesh DLC came out). When I try to change outfits, my player becomes invisible and unmovable. Same goes for my DLC weapons, it just goes invisible. Same thing when I try to jump to play serendipity. Now am stuck. I ve deleted the DLC and re-download again. Still not working. What should I do. Help kupo!
adamsaturibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12 2012, 12:41 PM   #2
neo0031
Sometimes Here

Gil: 425 [Donate]

Are you on XBOX 360 or PS3? Not that I'd know how to help, but the info would help someone who has been through it.... Good luck.
neo0031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12 2012, 01:57 PM   #3
adamsaturibu
Moogle

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo0031 View Post
Are you on XBOX 360 or PS3? Not that I'd know how to help, but the info would help someone who has been through it.... Good luck.
yeah. its a xbox 360. hope so too. now even my sidequest are not appearing. sucks to start over and all.

wish me luck tho.
Old Apr 12 2012, 04:16 PM   #4
Ethan
Administrator

Gil: 3,599 [Donate]

Have you tried asking Square?

Ethan is offline   Send a message via MSN to Ethan Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12 2012, 04:33 PM   #5
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,050 [Donate]

Have you tried turning it off and then on again?

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12 2012, 07:06 PM   #6
tanton18
First Sword

Gil: 165 [Donate]

I had this problem: I ordered a game from Canada and after, I bought a DLC for it but with an account from my country. Because of region locking my DLC didn't work for a Canadian game. Don't know if it will be helpful. Also I did it on PS3, don't know if it can happen on the XBOX.
tanton18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12 2012, 08:05 PM   #7
Vaeren
Ethereal

Gil: 130 [Donate]

On your Xbox's storage for the game, the very first thing on there should be something called "Final Fantasy XIII-2 Title Update" that was the patch that implemented the DLC menu, and all DLC compatibility. Delete it, and re-launch the game and it should reinstall this. Its size should be about 25mb, and no it will not delete all your purchases. That's the only thing I can think of doing, sorry. :C

Vaeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13 2012, 12:37 PM   #8
adamsaturibu
Moogle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
Have you tried asking Square?
Yeah I have. waiting 2 days for a reply. hope they fix the DLC patch/update or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanton18 View Post
I had this problem: I ordered a game from Canada and after, I bought a DLC for it but with an account from my country. Because of region locking my DLC didn't work for a Canadian game. Don't know if it will be helpful. Also I did it on PS3, don't know if it can happen on the XBOX.
aye. got the game from the states and living abroad. so i guess its the same thing. but how did you sort yours out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dunham View Post
Have you tried turning it off and then on again?
your legend precedes you Agent Dunham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaeren View Post
On your Xbox's storage for the game, the very first thing on there should be something called "Final Fantasy XIII-2 Title Update" that was the patch that implemented the DLC menu, and all DLC compatibility. Delete it, and re-launch the game and it should reinstall this. Its size should be about 25mb, and no it will not delete all your purchases. That's the only thing I can think of doing, sorry. :C
Did that too. Didnt work. thanks tho. Now we wait for what square has to say about it. and taking their sweet time on it too.

Last edited by Agent Dunham; Apr 13 2012 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: Well it obviously doesn't precede me enough, or you'd know that posting 4 times in a row is enough to make me blow a gasket.
Old Apr 13 2012, 01:20 PM   #9
Vaeren
Ethereal

Gil: 130 [Donate]

That probably is the problem then. If you're living abroad now, do you still see the DLC you downloaded on the Xbox Marketplace? If so, I'd figure reinstalling all of them would work.

Vaeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13 2012, 06:34 PM   #10
tanton18
First Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsaturibu View Post
aye. got the game from the states and living abroad. so i guess its the same thing. but how did you sort yours out?
In short you're screwed. The DLC won't work because it has to be from the country you bought the game from. I contacted Bioware (game was theirs) and PSN in my country and they said that they can't refund my DLC. Which meant I just wasted my money on nothing. The only thing you can do to make it work is to make an account that says you are from USA (on the PSN you just need an address form USA, a false one of course, but don't know about XBOX Live) and buy it with that account. Contact Microsoft and Square and ask for a refund, but I doubt they will give you one.

Last edited by tanton18; Apr 13 2012 at 06:36 PM..
Old Apr 13 2012, 06:44 PM   #11
Ethan
Administrator

Gil: 3,599 [Donate]

Oh yup, that'll be the problem, either DLC just outright won't work on another region's version of a game or it will be like you explain I guess.

Ethan is offline   Send a message via MSN to Ethan Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13 2012, 07:11 PM   #12
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,050 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanton18 View Post
I contacted Bioware (game was theirs) and PSN in my country and they said that they can't refund my DLC. Which meant I just wasted my money on nothing.
Does the PS Store for your region not tell you what product code your game has to have for it to work?

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14 2012, 10:25 AM   #13
tanton18
First Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dunham View Post
Does the PS Store for your region not tell you what product code your game has to have for it to work?
No. Or I didn't notice. Now that you mention it I remember when my brother wanted to download something for Call of Duty there were multiple versions of the DLC and he had to see which version had the number for his copy of the game. Other than that I have never noticed that number on any of the DLCs I bought nor has any DLC had multiple versions for download. Key or not, after wasting my money I always check which account I use for downloading DLC.