Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Community > General Chat
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Apr 05 2012, 09:21 PM   #1
Twat
The Twattiest

Gil: 1,060 [Donate]
Default TOYS

Guys, toys are awesome. In an effort to both reveal my secrets to you and become a bit more of community member here, I'd like to talk about and share stuff about things I like. I like toys.

No, not dragon dildos.

For realzies, I love toys. I collect them, learn as much about them (even the ones I don't even want). Last summer, I realized that I really really wanted toys. So in October, I started collecting gunpla. I have about 13 now, I think. Maybe 14. Gunpla buying slowed down so I could let a few Lego sets slip in, and now I have eight (new) Lego sets displayed. I still have tons of old Lego, but I just thought I'd try collecting some new. And then I bought a Dissidia Play Arts Gabranth. Ten inches of unnghhyes. And then I bought my first Transformer since I was 12 or so, I got Soundwave from the Transformers Prime line.

And right now I'm looking into some Kingdom Hearts Play Arts.

Guys I like toys.

Will you talk about toys with me?
Twat is offline   Send a message via Skype™ to Twat Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05 2012, 09:30 PM   #2
Aurelia
FOR XV

Gil: 2,545 [Donate]

What is your opinion on women that like to collect PVC figures of lovely ladies?

Aurelia is offline   Send a message via AIM to Aurelia Send a message via MSN to Aurelia Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05 2012, 09:34 PM   #3
Twat
The Twattiest

LESBIANS.

Seriously, though, I don't particularly care what kind of toys people collect. I don't collect those figures, if someone else wants them, let them buy 'em. I prefer things with lots of articulation and preferably more than two accessories.
Old Apr 05 2012, 11:56 PM   #4
Aurelia
FOR XV

I'm iffy about the toys that articulate. You see some of them are done very well, e.g Figma. While others may look nice but they look like ass when you move them around e.g Play Arts.

I especially LOVE the Kotobukiya bishoujo line. I really really want a Catwoman but I can't find them anywhere. D; Maybe SCDD will have her.

Aurelia is offline   Send a message via AIM to Aurelia Send a message via MSN to Aurelia Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06 2012, 03:03 AM   #5
Twat
The Twattiest

I just connected the dot that tells me you're a woman that likes to collect PVC figures of lovely ladies. I feel a tad slow.

Anyway, there are several Play Arts like that. They actually get a really nice range of motion, superb even, for their price and size. A few, not so much. Dissidia Gabranth needs to be worked and fidgeted a bit due to his armor, but it's worth it. He even hides the weird joints pretty well. Really, it's just elbows and knees on them that's super wonky looking, but most of the ones I'd be interested in getting have a sculpt that hides it well.

I actually don't have any Figma. There just aren't any characters I want, most look like generic anime girls to me seeing as I don't know the source material. Though I know S.H. Figuarts have some really nice articulation, I want to pick up that SSJ2 Son Gohan sometime. Maybe a few Sentai as well.

Articulation just means a lot to me, simply because I still play with my figures and toys from time to time. Once a week or so, I go through all my toys and change their pose, sometimes I'll swap collections to other shelves and stuff. It just keeps my room interesting, and helps me from buying so many toys I spend all of my money,
Old Apr 06 2012, 05:02 AM   #6
Oracle
The thirst is real.

Gil: 7,840 [Donate]

Nowadays I'm mostly into stuffed animals. Please don't judge me. I always have been, ever since I was little, but I took a few with me to college. They're just...so cute. ;__;

I'm not sure if those would be considered toys, but whatever.
Old Apr 06 2012, 05:06 AM   #7
Aurelia
FOR XV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emuhlee View Post
Nowadays I'm mostly into stuffed animals. Please don't judge me. I always have been, ever since I was little, but I took a few with me to college. They're just...so cute. ;__;

I'm not sure if those would be considered toys, but whatever.
Horray for plushes! Recent I had bought a Donutella plush from Tokidoki and a monkey plush from the FAO Schwartz line in Toys R us.

Old Apr 06 2012, 05:38 AM   #8
Twat
The Twattiest

Stuffed animals are pretty cool, yeah. I get super picky about them though. I can't stand any that are stuffed to the point where I can't really move it. I actually have this tiger, best thing ever, have had him for ten years maybe? I think it'll be a good thing to give whatever first child I may have.
Old Apr 06 2012, 05:38 AM   #9
Oracle
The thirst is real.

Gil: 7,840 [Donate]

My roommate bought me a stuffed corgi for Christmas. His ears are bendable and everything and I named him Thor.

Also, I have two of those Yoshi plushies that Game Stop was selling. A yellow and a green. Unfortunately we were sold out of the blue ones. :C
Old Apr 06 2012, 06:06 AM   #10
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Gil: 1,820 [Donate]

I like robot toys, especially the big ones. I always have ever since I was a kid. I collected a lot of superhero figures as well, especially Batman and Spiderman.
Chat Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06 2012, 06:42 PM   #11
Pettoshoppu Sekkusu
● ● ●

Gil: 600 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twat View Post
No, not dragon dildos.
Dammit.

I desperately want all the figurines. Especially the Figma ones. I want Penguindrum bs. ;_;

Spoiler:

Hnnggghh.

I don't really care whether or not figures can move, though. I mean, it's sort of like a bonus more than anything. One day I will be able to actually afford these things. ;w;

I had a bunch of Transformers and other things when I was younger, though.
Pettoshoppu Sekkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06 2012, 07:33 PM   #12
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,350 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelia View Post
I especially LOVE the Kotobukiya bishoujo line.
Is that the one with the fucking weird looking Liara? That they revised because Mass Effect fans complained about it (as they are seemingly want to do)?

After my parents separated, my mother couldn't really afford toys for me, they'd have to be presents for my birthday or Christmas and I always went for video games.

I had a Barbie. She was cool. None of this silly slut nonsense going on these days. Bitch used to be elegant.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07 2012, 12:12 AM   #13
Kitmitsu
A googely-doogely

Gil: 1,495 [Donate]

I made my first figure purchase a couple of weeks ago and they arrived on Monday. Erio and BRS Nendoroids. I'm worried that it's going to lead to more. Already preordered an Inori nendo. Slippery slope.

Kitmitsu is offline   Send a message via MSN to Kitmitsu Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07 2012, 12:28 AM   #14
Twat
The Twattiest

You can't buy just one. It's more addicting than Lay's.
Old Apr 07 2012, 01:07 AM   #15
Kitmitsu
A googely-doogely

The shipping is going to bleed me dry. I don't know if I could take the plunge and progress from nendos to proper figures. Nendos feel more acceptable to normalfags. That penguin drum one is damn nice though.

I'd say some of the nicest I've seen are the BRS ones though. also this one. Dat detail. It's even perfectly weighted so it can stand without a base. Could never get it though. Too lewd to avoid judgement.

Old Apr 07 2012, 01:36 AM   #16
Whiplash
Current Activity: Moderating

Gil: 9,455 [Donate]

.... I have a horsey. Neigh, neigh.

Your son is a very sick boy, just look at the X-rays. You see that dark spot there? Whiplash.
Us on Twitter
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07 2012, 01:39 AM   #17
Kitmitsu
A googely-doogely

Wuss !

Old Apr 07 2012, 02:03 AM   #18
Ramenzilla
oh my glob

Gil: 1,565 [Donate]

Original Power Rangers transforming megazord set:

It was magical.

and I do have some Final Fantasy Playarts figures, namely the ones from FFX, XII, Advent Children, and the ladies from XIII. *shrug*

the fifteenth cumming
Ramenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12 2012, 09:02 PM   #19
Twat
The Twattiest

Square's gone and put up the listing for the next set of Kingdom Hearts Formation arts. They're only available as a full group, and on Square's store they're listed for Y6,000 (roughly 75 U.S. Dollars). I kind of really want them. Included for this wave is Roxas, Pride Lands (Sora, Donald, Goofy), Sora Master Ver., Axel, and Twilight Thorn.

The only one I can't stand is Pride Lands. I love these, so much, they look so much better than the older FA (most of them had a derp look on their face).

These are made of PVC plastic, and they're randomly assorted in a case of 6. So it's possible to get them all and plus one in a single purchase. So, 75 bucks for 6 statues. $12.50 a pop before shipping, and honestly I'd be willing to pay up to $20 each if I was guaranteed the statue I'd get. So I think this is a pretty good deal.

Spoiler:

[12:58:14 AM] Salt: this one girl
[12:58:15 AM] Salt: spent like
[12:58:20 AM] Salt: over 20,000 dollars
[12:58:24 AM] Salt: on keeping her hair straight
[01:00:27 AM] Twat: i want to curl it in her sleep
[01:00:51 AM] Salt: LOL
Old Apr 12 2012, 10:06 PM   #20
Aurelia
FOR XV

What still no Aqua? Fuck you SE.

Good news for me. Alter is releasing both stripper Panty and Stocking figures!