Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Community > General Gaming
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Apr 06 2012, 11:52 PM   #1
Twat
The Twattiest

Gil: 760 [Donate]
Default Spiral Knights

It's a freeware title available on Steam. I like it. So I'm going to tell you about it so that I can get you addicted, so we can maybe play together sometime.

It's ultimately a hack n' slash game. The weapon options are sword, gun, and bomb. The game will start you off with a basic one of each that you can never get rid of no matter how much you want to. Everyone kind of figures out which type of weapon they want to specialize in. All of your stats are tied to your gear, so after a few hours of playing you can upgrade your armor to something that would offer some bonuses to a certain weapon type.

Every piece of gear has a level of 1 to 10, and at levels 5 and 10, they gain a bonus. For armor and helmet, it's +1 health. For weapons, it's a slight decrease in time of charging your weapon's special. They gain levels by obtaining Heat, which is basically just EXP. Each piece of gear has a tier level, from 0 (which is just the starting gear) to 5 (which you will likely never have unless you're willing to pay real money). The higher the tier level, the longer it takes to level up.

Obtaining stuff is primarily mission based. As you do missions, you go up in rank and more missions become available, until you get to the point where your rank is so high not even four dudes who have half-prepared for a mission can't win by themselves so they decide to grind levels for a while. You'll also unlock some other stuff, like being allowed to by higher-tiered gear, or recipes to craft them.

Seriously, though, this game is an absolute blast if you get yourself and some friends to play. I'm not sure what the party limit is (I think 8?), so just download it off of Steam and play!

Please play with me.
Twat is offline   Send a message via Skype™ to Twat Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07 2012, 06:21 AM   #2
Oracle
The thirst is real.

Gil: 7,540 [Donate]

This actually sounds like it's not too shabby, but all the cool kids are playing this.
Old Apr 07 2012, 06:24 AM   #3
Twat
The Twattiest

Gil: 760 [Donate]

I don't like LoL.

Mostly because I don't have a damn clue what I'm doing and I keep dying.
Twat is offline   Send a message via Skype™ to Twat Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07 2012, 06:25 AM   #4
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,050 [Donate]

Nah, I'm good.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07 2012, 06:35 AM   #5
Salt
chaos//witch

Gil: 300 [Donate]

This game started out so innocent and easy, but then it just became a place where no one can be safe. :C

Still fun though. :3
Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09 2012, 11:49 AM   #6
Mike
We’re alone now.

Gil: 2,600 [Donate]

...Hey, wait, I remember this game!

I stopped playing because no one else I knew cared about it, but I thought it was nifty. /late /forumstalking

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote