Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Network > Fabula Nova Crystallis News
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Apr 04 2012, 02:36 AM   #1

Gil: 1,965 [Donate]
Default Assassin's Creed Costume, Gilgamesh DLCs FFXIII-2

Quote:
The next Coliseum monster for Final Fantasy XIII-2's Coliseum Mode will be Gilgamesh. Famitsu has a first look this week at the beast, which is voiced by Kazuya Nakai.

Also on the way for XIII-2's next DLC update are Noel's Assassin's Creed "Ezio" costume, and Serah's "Exposure and Defense" costume. The Serah costume was designed by AKB48 member Yuko Oshima, who wore a recreation of it for the game's official launch event.

We're not sure just yet when the DLC will arrive.
Here's the original sketch of the Exposure and Defense costume, with Famitsu.com"s pic of Oshima wearing it at the launch event.
Credts: Andriasang

Scans:

Credit: Aibo_ac7 Twitter

"I hope you havenít forgotten my role in this little story.

Iím the leading man.

You know what they say about the leading man?

He never dies.
"

-Balthier from Final Fantasy XII

Ffamran mied Bunansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 04 2012, 02:41 AM   #2
Lymle
。◕‿◕。

Gil: 700 [Donate]

Old Apr 04 2012, 03:54 AM   #3
Ramenzilla
oh my glob

Gil: 1,565 [Donate]

This day has finally come.

the fifteenth cumming
Ramenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05 2012, 04:36 AM   #4
Vaeren
Ethereal

Gil: 130 [Donate]

Serah looks gorgeous! Super excited, this should've been her default costume.

Vaeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05 2012, 06:53 AM   #5

Gil: 1,965 [Donate]

More screenshots here http://andriasang.com/con0j7/ffxiii2_dlc_pics/

"I hope you havenít forgotten my role in this little story.

Iím the leading man.

You know what they say about the leading man?

He never dies.
"

-Balthier from Final Fantasy XII

Ffamran mied Bunansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05 2012, 12:15 PM   #6
otakumasterage
Highwind

Gil: 40 [Donate]

Costumes arn't bad. What are those blue things? They look like Pikmin.
Old Apr 05 2012, 12:55 PM   #7
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,050 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by otakumasterage View Post
What are those blue things? They look like Pikmin.
One of the lesser recurring creatures that no one ever remembers. I think they're originally from Final Fantasy VIII.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05 2012, 01:03 PM   #8
Whiplash
Current Activity: Moderating

Gil: 9,455 [Donate]

Pictures won't load for me because gifs, but if it's what I think it is then yes, it is from FFVIII and it's an alien. They like Elixers and their TT card was fairly shit.

Your son is a very sick boy, just look at the X-rays. You see that dark spot there? Whiplash.
Us on Twitter
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05 2012, 04:43 PM   #9
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Gil: 1,520 [Donate]

I'm just really glad that Serah's Exposure and Defense outfit is for free.
Chat Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05 2012, 04:47 PM   #10
Ethan
Administrator

Gil: 3,609 [Donate]

Yeah, haven't picked up any costumes yet so I'll be glad to get that one, it looks really good

AND OMGOMGOMGOMG THE PUPU SO CUTE

Ethan is offline   Send a message via MSN to Ethan Reply With Quote
Old Apr 05 2012, 05:07 PM   #11
.simon
Rural Juror

Gil: 800 [Donate]

I'm only here for the costume.
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10 2012, 01:22 PM   #12
Vaeren
Ethereal

Gil: 130 [Donate]

PuPu or whatever is incredibly easy, but as they said taming him is difficult. Gilgamesh on the other hand is incredibly annoying. He's got sentinel skills, and can heal himself, as well as having ridiculously high HP. Also, they changed the name of Serah's costume to: "Style and Steel."

Vaeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10 2012, 03:39 PM   #13
Ethan
Administrator

Gil: 3,609 [Donate]

I can confirm that Exposure and Defense is now called Style and Steel for North America

Ethan is offline   Send a message via MSN to Ethan Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10 2012, 04:05 PM   #14
Glacies
This is a lie

Gil: 1,205 [Donate]

I don't even... Why change the name..?

Mah Work
Glacies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10 2012, 06:02 PM   #16
Singularity
1 tree. 1000 matches.

Gil: 2,555 [Donate]

I've never bought costume DLC for any game and I doubt I ever will. Gilgamesh is great, but again it's just a battle; I don't really play FF for the combat.

I want a decent and fleshed out story-based DLC. I'm hoping Requiem delivers on that front.
Singularity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10 2012, 07:25 PM   #17
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Gil: 1,520 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
I want a decent and fleshed out story-based DLC. I'm hoping Requiem delivers on that front.
Pretty much this. It's really great seeing all these DLCs they're releasing because they look actually worth the money. But at the moment the only DLCs that can fully have my attention are the story-based ones.
Chat Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11 2012, 03:48 AM   #18
Ramenzilla
oh my glob

Gil: 1,565 [Donate]

The battles they've released as DLC are really fun and they're all unique and challenging, but I still don't understand why none of them were included in the retail version...same goes for costumes. OH WELL.

Exposure and Defense *or steel whatever* is now in my life and it's awesome.

I'm curious to see what they do with the Lightning DLC but I'm not holding my breathe for anything until they release more information about it. Hopefully it's worthwhile.

the fifteenth cumming
Ramenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11 2012, 05:09 AM   #19
Leaferian
Leafť, Raspatil Slayer

Gil: 770 [Donate]

Gonna talk about the battles in spoilers just in case.

Spoiler:
Gilgamesh battle is utterly ridiculous. From watching my roommate play the battle, the first bit seems simple enough. You beat him super easy with those silly guns of his.

Then he pulls out his swords 'cause he's like "Lolno" and he gets terrible. All damage, elemental or not, is halved and he's immune to wound damage. His HP sits at 9,999,999 if I read it right. Which I'm pretty sure I did. That's right, pretty much ten MILLION HP. Near as I can tell you have to stagger him, at which point he becomes weak to all elements and no longer immune to wound damage. He uses an ability called Eerie Soundwave which I think inflicts random debuffs while inflicting damage. When his stagger runs out...

He heals to full HP. Yep, that's right. My roommate dealt over 1 million HP worth of damage to him and he just "BAM" got it back at the end. If I'm right, you have to stagger him, wound the shit out of him, and repeat. My roommate gave up though, because Gilgamesh was dealing all kinds of wound damage and he didn't have any wound potions. It's evil.

Then there's the PuPu fight. You're fighting six PuPus AND their UFO mothership. The PuPus themselves seem relatively weak, and you can beat them pretty quick. But they can't be staggered, and the UFO will use potions to heal them. The UFO will also sometimes gear up to use a super attack which I THINK may be like a Thundaga laser from the sky. But honestly, there's too much going on in this screen for me to tell. It does seem to damage based on the number of PuPus on the screen, so as you can imagine you should take them out as quickly as possible. Especially since the UFO drops off more PuPus sometimes, and I think it might be based on time as well as number of PuPus remaining on the field. When you stagger the UFO though (the only thing on the screen with a stagger gauge) all the PuPus will run around in circles bumping into each other and generally doing nothing.

My roommate didn't finish this fight either, but it was because his only defensive paradigms were for healing/buffs (Sen-Med-Med and Sen-Syn-Syn) and he couldn't keep the stagger gauge filled. I think your chance to get a PuPu might be with every one you kill, but I have no way of testing it at the moment.
Leaferian is offline   Send a message via MSN to Leaferian Send a message via Yahoo to Leaferian Send a message via Skype™ to Leaferian Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11 2012, 08:12 AM   #20
neo0031
Sometimes Here

Gil: 725 [Donate]
Default Frustration

After hearing the release date is the 10th of April, I waited one day for margin of error, and started checking 11th April. I've been checking for the last 12 hours, and the new DLC are nowhere to be found in the in-game store, or PS store.

I'm in the UK, so EU region. Has anyone else in the EU (here on this forum) been able to purchase and downloaded the new DLC? If not, are EU getting a whole other release date than JP/NA?

I've been really looking forward to these DLCs. As cliche as it may be, I think Noel's AC outfit looks awesome, not to mention Serah's free outfit to replace her current somewhat weird outfit. And Gilgamesh fight..... needs no explanation.

Thanks for any help.
neo0031 is offline   Reply With Quote