Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Community > Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Mar 26 2012, 12:24 AM   #81
PhoenixSun
Damn you vile Woman!!!

Gil: 3,025 [Donate]

what I wanna know is, there have been a few times where the main X-men have gotten body replacements or whatever (like when Prof. Xavier had gotten a body replacement from the shi'ar because he got infected by the brood), so why couldn't they have done the same for Martha and Julian? I mean they're on good terms with the empire again because of the technology they give to the entire X-Men and that thing Gladiator calls a son goes to the school. so wtf?

and for the love of Allah can someone break up kitty and Iceman before it becomes official? I can take kitty switching teams and experimenting with Shan and Rachel until they pair her up with some other douchebag but there is no point in her and our resident closet case being a fake couple
PhoenixSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26 2012, 12:50 AM   #82
.AČ
Pragmatist

Gil: 1,195 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixSun View Post
and for the love of Allah can someone break up kitty and Iceman before it becomes official? I can take kitty switching teams and experimenting with Shan and Rachel until they pair her up with some other douchebag but there is no point in her and our resident closet case being a fake couple
Haters gonna hate, but I've been wanting BobKat for YEARS. I don't care how contrived it is. It still makes more sense than Kitty and Pete. (I also kind of want Bobby with Northstar, but whatever). <333

Martha is so much better without a body. Asmus did great things for her, but I'll always prefer her as a brain. You put her in a body and she's just another telepath. I want to see her missing Ernst. I demand on-panel Ernst/No-Girl skyping or something. Of all the New X-Men Ernst definitely needs SOME exposure.

» msn : cosmicdeathray@hotmail.com //
» pm me : x // » psn : Ben2289 //
» tumblr : x //

.AČ is offline   Send a message via MSN to .AČ Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26 2012, 06:43 AM   #83
.simon
Rural Juror

Gil: 800 [Donate]

Yes, Martha without Ernst feels incomplete.

Kitty should be with Wisdom. I fucking loved them together. Bobby is so gay I can't even.
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26 2012, 11:51 AM   #84
Whiplash
Current Activity: Moderating

Gil: 9,455 [Donate]

Whelp, add Birds of Prey to the list of titles that the fucking Court of Owls has infected. Whoever came up with 'MASS CONSPIRACY LINKING ALL CHARACTERS AND SECRETLY RESPONSIBLE FOR DEATHS OF THE WAYNES AND THE GRAYSONS' needs to be beaten with a crowbar, then blown up.

Your son is a very sick boy, just look at the X-rays. You see that dark spot there? Whiplash.
Us on Twitter
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26 2012, 01:19 PM   #85
.simon
Rural Juror

I haven't read Justice League dark yet but so far:
Batgirl: dropped. I don't know who the target audience is but I felt like I was treated like a retard for the first 2 issues and I had to stop. I mean, I didn't even know that there was a Batgirl until yesterday, but you don't have to remind me of her injuries every fucking page. I can't deal with a book that assumes I won't be able to remember what's been written after I turn the page. There was also way too much interior monologue (or whatever it's called) for my tastes. It didn't work for me at all.

Teen Titans: Probably the biggest disappointment. I was underhwlemed by the first issue and when I saw that Lobdell wrote it I wasn't surprised at all. I didn't like any of his stuff in the X-verse, in Uncanny or Generation X, so I'm not sure I'll give it another chance. He writes teeneagers like 10 years old and adults like teenagers, plus Kid Flash is super annoying.
Batwoman: I liked it a lot, nothing else to add.
Birds of Prey: I enjoyed this one too. Starling is Mary Sue-ish but so far I don't mind it.

Will they ever explain what's the deal with metahuman abilities? I thought the new 52 were supposed to be a complete reboot but it looks like they kept some continuity, so will they ever tell their origins?
Old Mar 27 2012, 05:59 AM   #86
Whiplash
Current Activity: Moderating

Gil: 9,455 [Donate]

Okay, first things first.

1. I did warn you that Simone won't stop with The Killing Joke references. I have no idea how she managed to screw up Barbara's character so badly, given she was more or less fine writing her in BoP as Oracle. Editors should have told her to either deal with the cure and move on, or just dropped The Killing Joke from continuity. If you want a good, short Babs Gordon Batgirl story, read Batgirl Year One.

2. Re: metas, I have no idea. Batman and the Green Lantern continuities were mostly kept intact. It was more of a 'strategic' reboot than an actual one, which has created some of the problems that have turned me off the DCnU. Compressing Batman's entire history into 5 years and keeping him on Robin #4 (#5 if you count Steph Brown's cameo, which has probably been retconned out) creates too many character issues. I can't buy any sort of familial bond with Dick, Jason or Tim when they must have spent all of 6 months with Bruce before leaving.

So basically at this point, only DC know what they're going to explain. If you're still reading Batwoman and BoP, the only two metas in issue are, from memory, Black Canary and Poison Ivy (don't even get me started why it makes no sense for her to be in the team, and it's not because she's a villain). Here's the old school summary:
Poison Ivy: experimented on secretly by another scientist, then probably on herself some more later.
Black Canary: born like that. Her mother was the original Black Canary and had the same powers, but that's all I know.

Your son is a very sick boy, just look at the X-rays. You see that dark spot there? Whiplash.
Us on Twitter
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28 2012, 07:53 AM   #87
.simon
Rural Juror

So I just read this re: Rachel's (and QQ) involvment in AvX. It's from an interview with Aaron
Spoiler:

Quentin's connection to the Phoenix will be referenced, but no, it won't be playing a role in "AvX." The Phoenix Force obviously has a very long and complicated history, and in order to make "AvX" new-reader friendly, we wanted to distill as much of that down as we could. So we focus in on Hope, and the recent history of the Phoenix. That means someone like Rachel Summers won't play a big role in the main series, but she most definitely will have her moments in the "Wolverine & the X-Men" tie-ins.

I don't know what to think.
Old Mar 28 2012, 12:11 PM   #88
.AČ
Pragmatist

Based on the top-left corner:

The Shi'ar will assume that the Phoenix is coming for Rachel and Quentin and send what's left of their Death Commandos/Imperial Guard to wipe them out (until Gladiator intervenes). And that'll be the extent of their "involvement" with AvX. Never mind the fact that Rachel was the AVATAR (not "host") of the Phoenix for longer than any other. Ho hum. Hope's our favourite redhead now! >.>

It's ridiculous. X-canon will suffer discontinuity just so that stupid Avengers fans can keep up. Their own stories are so mediocre they have to steal from a richer tapestry. Suck having to play second fiddle to an inferior franchise.

Old Mar 28 2012, 04:41 PM   #89
.simon
Rural Juror

You know, on one hand I'm pissed. I don't give a fuck if the Cuckoos or QQ aren't involved with the Phoenix anymore, but Rachel is the most important Phoenix-related character after Jean, so I really wish she had more importance (even without dimishing Hope's role); on the other hand, almost every writer who wrote for the X tried to add his view/mytho to the Phoenix thinking it was perfectly ok to mess with it, and so we had dozens of fragments everywhere and in everything (a sword? REALLY?), so I'm happy they're streamlining everything by having one true Phoenix and one host. I'll gladly consider past hots and fragments mistakes made by the Phoenix while seraching for Hope after Jean's death, but not Rachel. If they really want her done with the PF (which is not a bad idea imho), AvX is the perfect conclusion to this chapter of her life.

I'm so excited and worried for this event. There's a increasing amount of people talking about mutants returning and I don't know what to think of it. I loved Decimation and the new status quo, even with all the deaths of the students, but it's getting stale having to rely on the same characters over and over (mostly because Marvel won't let them focus on D listers), and CC + [url=http://www.sidekickcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/AvengersVsXMen_0_Cover.jpg]this cover[url] leads to think something will change.
Old Mar 28 2012, 11:55 PM   #90
PhoenixSun
Damn you vile Woman!!!

well AvX 0 is out today. it was alright. we already know our two stars of the event. to me nothing really big happens except that Wanda is forced to go the Avengers Mansion only to get the finger from Vision. I hope they play more on this. and Hope kicks some non-important bad guys' collective asses until Cyclops and Emma stop her. and the Last Image is of the Phoenix Force looking at the universe.
Old Mar 29 2012, 07:26 AM   #91
.simon
Rural Juror

Wanda's story was horrible as everything else Bendis writes outside of Ultimate Spiderman. I don't understand how can she be near the Avengers Mansions and not be shot on site. Bitch needs to die and soon, I wanna see Hope headbutting her to death.

Astonshing X-men was also out and I loved it. Kyle is still annoying. The editors must have slept instead of proof-reading it because there were a couple of errors with both Northstar and CeCe's name, but apart from that (I didn't even notice tbh), it looks intersting. No Karma though
Old Mar 29 2012, 12:14 PM   #92
PhoenixSun
Damn you vile Woman!!!

hopefully by the end of this Arc we see karma. I love her
Old Mar 29 2012, 12:46 PM   #93
.AČ
Pragmatist

Internet seems to be losing their shit over the naming errors, but I really enjoyed Astonishing. I just wish Cece was back in her little black dress. This art makes her look too butch. Loved Warbird though.

Old Mar 29 2012, 12:55 PM   #94
PhoenixSun
Damn you vile Woman!!!

why do they keep drawing her in Boots, pants, and a Tank Top anyway?
Old Mar 29 2012, 01:31 PM   #95
.simon
Rural Juror

Quote:
Originally Posted by .AČ
This art makes her look too butch. Loved Warbird though.
I hated the art. Well, I liked the art but the coloring was awful, I saw the uncolored version and it looked a lot better. It really makes you question Kyle's eyesight when he says Northstar's hot.
My favourite moment was CeCe looking at Remy and Lura's photo. I'm still not impressed by Warbird and she'll have to do a lot more than cut some head to get my simpathy (like any other character to come out of WATXM). I mean, Laura could've and said the same thing if she weren't too busy socializing with those little shits at the Avengers Academy. They so don't deserve her.
Old Mar 30 2012, 12:02 PM   #96
PhoenixSun
Damn you vile Woman!!!

speaking of that, Marvel previews for next week are out. I haven't been following Spider-Man but he gets to do something I've wanted to do my whole life

the AvX 1 preview is just the same one rehashed with alternate cover art penciled and in color. that's it

Tigra pisses off the Runaways........ AGAIN

and Sabertooth is training that little shit of a hellfire king while wolverine is stuck in a wheelchair
Old Mar 30 2012, 03:35 PM   #97
.simon
Rural Juror

Some shops broke the embargo on AvX #1 so some people have already read it. I didn't read any spoilers because I want to enjoy it in its fullest but I did stumbled upon one thing that Cyclops does to Cap and it's the best thing ever. I don't care how much hate he gets, I've never loved Cyclops as much as post Decimation, and especially now on Utopia.
The preview for AvX #2 should also be out, and a writer (I don't remember who) said there's going to be Dazzler vs Squirrel Girl. I kind of lost hope that they'll ever take Alison seriously but whatever, I'll probably read X-treme anyway because she's in it. She's, like, the only X-man that should also be an Avenger and will probably never be.
Old Mar 30 2012, 09:43 PM   #98
.AČ
Pragmatist

I just wish Ali would join X-Factor already. Let Armando, Alex and Lorna go back into space and bring her in. PERFECT.

Old Mar 31 2012, 07:21 PM   #99
PhoenixSun
Damn you vile Woman!!!

^HUSH YO MOUTH!!!!!!
Old Mar 31 2012, 08:36 PM   #100
.simon
Rural Juror

Quote:
Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
I just wish Ali would join X-Factor already.
You know, I think PAD would be the guy to give Ali the boost she desperately needs in term of character development, but on the other hand I think she'd be amazing in the Avengers, even though I hate them. She's the most popular mutant in the MU, she outsold Gaga, she sets trends and has millions of fans. I still don't understand why Scott hasn't pushed her more in terms of PR since she's the perfect face for Utopia, and that's exactly why having her in the Avengers (the main team I mean) would work well for them. Despite their Naziness, everybody loves the Avengers in the MU - if a decent writer (or anyone but Bendis, really) focused her character around that (the rehabilitation of mutants' image in the public eye) I'd buy tons of Avengers issue. The disco thing has got to die, but she's still a very influential person, so I hope Marvel knows how to market her. I'm not sure X-treme is what she needs but we'll see.The Avengers-only mutants don't really give a fuck about the X-men. I wish Firestar ditched whoever she's with and joined the New Mutants though. They have a lot of history together and that roster really needs a shake (and hopefully Nate will be booted).