Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Community > General Gaming
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Mar 29 2012, 09:17 PM   #1
Aurelia
FOR XV

Gil: 2,545 [Donate]
Default My PS3 Red Screen'd

I demand to know why the English note is on the THIRD line of that stupid message. Why does Dutch and fucking German go on the top two? At least I think it's Dutch since I moderately understand the message. Maybe it's Swedish or Danish because of that O on top of the A. Either way I am offended as fuck. I bought this console in America in a Best Buy, not an Ikea.

Anyway do any of you have any tips on how to fix this debacle? I have my brother working on it at home since I had to go to work today. I NEED HELP. ANY TIPS AND ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Aurelia is offline   Send a message via AIM to Aurelia Send a message via MSN to Aurelia Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30 2012, 12:00 AM   #2
Ethan
Administrator

Gil: 3,909 [Donate]

Hmm, first time I'm hearing of this red screen though I can see some mentions and pictures online now that I'm looking...

Maybe they go alphabetically?

In any case, really not sure what to say here. Have you tried calling the support line? They may be able to suggest something other than having to send it to them. Other than that, I know if you do send it to them it's a $150 fee.

Ethan is offline   Send a message via MSN to Ethan Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30 2012, 05:54 AM   #3
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,350 [Donate]

https://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&sug...w=1280&bih=842

I've never heard of the red screen. Sounds scary...

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30 2012, 12:12 PM   #4
Glacies
This is a lie

Gil: 1,205 [Donate]

It's danish. is a letter used by danes and all the awesome people living in Norway. But Somehow I don't think you care all that much about that.

Google suggests the following:
1. Turn off the console and turn it back on.
2. Reset the PS3.
3. Place the PS3 into standby mode. When the red light appears, hold the power button for three to five seconds and wait for two beeps. This is effective, most of the time, but the method is notorious for disrupting the data from the hard drive.
4. Shut the console down and remove all the cables from the plugs save for the power cord. After few minutes, plug them back in. This is guaranteed to work, especially when the red light is caused by loose cables.
5. Consult with the user’s manual. Try taking out the hard drive and assembling it back again.

Also, it could be your hard drive, so you could try swapping it for another one to see if that revives your PS3; If nothing else you'll know what's wrong.

Mah Work
Glacies is offline   Reply With Quote