Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Network > Fabula Nova Crystallis News
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Mar 28 2012, 08:06 PM   #21
.simon
Rural Juror

Gil: 800 [Donate]

Quote:
I think it's most likely that the Eidolons in the first game WERE meant to represent parts of their personality or things lacking in their lives (For example, Alexander could be said to be the safety and security Hope feels he's lost), but only from a design standpoint and not a mythology.
That's what I've always thought, even before those info came out. I didn't think it could be such a big deal.

Quote:
The concept of DLCs as test runs though, not just for SE or this particular DLC but in general, is interesting and I, for one, would gladly accept experimentation if it was to take ideas and move them forward (without implying improvement here, which is highly subjective; just change). This way you could have small scale tests and feedback which can be then utilized for bigger projects, of course as long as these tests don't ruin the experience of your initial idea (the DLC in this instance).
That's interesting buuuuut... isn't it what spin-offs and sequels are for? I'd rather they experiment on those rather than through DLC.
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28 2012, 08:26 PM   #22
NotitsMan
hOnK

Gil: 3,570 [Donate]

I guess the fact that it was stated by creators and never contradicted in the original game led me to believe that it was true. It seems to be supported by the Ultimania as well, giving a couple of the summons specific significance to their summoners. However, on closer inspection it seems that it was never explicitly stated in game, as you say.

If this is true, it ruins Eidolons for me to an extent. The idea of them as unique to the summoner- even representing aspects of the one who summoned them- was one that I found creative and appealing. I've never liked the idea of summons as generic monsters that there are plenty of. If there is some way to 'split' a summon using its eidolith, I suppose I would find that somewhat more acceptable. Something reminiscent of FFX in which there is one fayth but multiple incarnations all stemming from that fayth.

It would discard the idea of the Eidolons being representative of their summoners, but it would keep them from being just another sort of monster that roams Valhalla. At the very least, it would make them tailor-made individual servants of Etro, rather than mass-produced monsters.

NotitsMan is offline   Send a message via MSN to NotitsMan Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28 2012, 10:00 PM   #23
.simon
Rural Juror

Gil: 800 [Donate]

But why can't they be both? People are unique but not that unique. Odin fits Lightning perfectly, but there was surely another l'Cie among the thousands before her that he could have been an Eidolon to because he/she was similar to Lightning. Just because they aren't unique it doesn't make then any less of a perfect match. After all, it's still Etro who sends them (right?), so she knows what's right for each l'Cie.
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01 2012, 03:56 AM   #24
Yahtzee
Moomba

Gil: 195 [Donate]

Bayonetta gameplay or GTFO!
Old Apr 11 2012, 12:05 PM   #25
neo0031
Sometimes Here

Gil: 725 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat Noir View Post
Things that I want to happen in the DLC:
- Exploration in Valhalla
- Assassin's Creed/Uncharted feature where you can climb and jump around on buildings and shit
- Be able to use eidolons in travelling around, at the very least Odin
- Combat system not to be a card game
- More secrets about the Gods and Valhalla revealed
- The whole DLC to be at least 2 hours long to complete

Guesses on what we'll be doing in the DLC
- Create an army, meaning collect monsters/Eidolons, in preparation for the battle against Caius
- Find out more about the secrets of Valhalla, if there are any
- "Final battle" against Caius, similar to the opening of XIII-2 but using the new combat system
I want to add "(at least) one fully rendered CG cutscene to conclude the real ending of XIII-2"
neo0031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11 2012, 04:47 PM   #26
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Gil: 1,820 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo0031 View Post
I want to add "(at least) one fully rendered CG cutscene to conclude the real ending of XIII-2"
Heck, if that's possible, then cool beans. But I still don't think the game will be concluded in this DLC.

Last edited by Chat Noir; Apr 11 2012 at 04:49 PM..
Chat Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11 2012, 05:03 PM   #27
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,050 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo0031 View Post
That would probably be pushing it, in terms of file size.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12 2012, 12:52 PM   #28
neo0031
Sometimes Here

Gil: 725 [Donate]

That's what I thought.... So I'll add it to the "Things that I want to happen in the DLC" list.

Still, you never know..... A (paying) man can dream.

Some other game patches have been the size of 4XX MB, maybe it ISN'T that impossible? (fingers crossed)
neo0031 is offline   Reply With Quote