Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Fabula Nova Crystallis > Final Fantasy XIII > FFXIII Spoiler Discussion & Questions
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Mar 25 2012, 12:42 PM   #1
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Gil: 1,820 [Donate]
Default FFXIII Ultimania Omega Info

Many thanks to the OP of this thread who shared these information right from the Ultimania itself.

Quote:

This isn't Anima. This is Pulse, the god. The fal'Cie are the ones who select l'Cie, but it's the gods who give them their brands. The area they're taken to is a world in another dimension, in the domain of the gods.
>domain of the Gods >another dimension

Remember, we can hear bells ringing during that scene, right? Similar to the bells ringing in Valhalla.

Analysis of the XIII Analects

I believe most of us (at least, here ) know these stuff about the Analects, but it's worth pointing out anyway.

Quote:
The Palamecia is actually a fal'Cie which has been modified by the Sanctum military to use as an airship. If you look on the underside of the ship you can see the shape of a face, which is the mark of Cocoon fal'Cie.
Quote:
Also, because that just reminds me (but going off memory right now), one of the artists wanted the summons to have more of a connection/meaning than just 'thing that appears and fights'. So for Lightning Odin kind of represents her image of a father figure, and for Snow the Shiva sisters are like Serah and Lightning. I don't think they mention anything for the other characters, though.
Quote:
Jihl's glasses are just for appearances. She just uses them to seem kind and trustworthy, so when she crushes them on the Palamecia it has no adverse effect on her abiliy to see or anything, it's just representing her showing her true self.
lol

Still pissed that they didn't mention these small interesting things in-game.

So please, if you have anything to share, interesting things that have been pointed out in the Ultimania and not included in-game ( ), post them here.

Last edited by Chat Noir; Mar 25 2012 at 03:14 PM..
Chat Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25 2012, 01:15 PM   #2
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,350 [Donate]

Quote:
Jihl's glasses are just for appearances. She just uses them to seem kind and trustworthy, so when she crushes them on the Palamecia it has no adverse effect on her abiliy to see or anything, it's just representing her showing her true self.
That scene in 30 Rock where Jenna tells everyone that Liz doesn't actually need her glasses.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26 2012, 11:34 PM   #3
Maleficence
Moogle

Gil: 25 [Donate]

That's interesting, the thing you said first about Pulse from that other poster. I went to go look at this scene again after playing XIII-2 and I noticed that instead of seeing any similarities to Valhalla, per say, I found that the l'cie actually look like they are falling down a dark Historia Crux when they are getting branded by Pulse.

^ It's around 00:23-00:25.
Maleficence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27 2012, 05:29 AM   #4

Gil: 1,965 [Donate]

I apologize if it sounds like I try to be difficult and picky, but the original poster did not provide any scans, so should that fact not make his claims at best questionable?

It would be helpful to see the actual scane for the interview or whatnot. This is intriguing, nonetheless. I hope he will post the solid evidence soon.

"I hope you havenít forgotten my role in this little story.

Iím the leading man.

You know what they say about the leading man?

He never dies.
"

-Balthier from Final Fantasy XII

Last edited by Ffamran mied Bunansa; Mar 27 2012 at 05:32 AM..
Ffamran mied Bunansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27 2012, 05:46 AM   #5
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffamran mied Bunansa View Post
I apologize if it sounds like I try to be difficult and picky, but the original poster did not provide any scans, so should that fact not make his claims at best questionable?

It would be helpful to see the actual scane for the interview or whatnot. This is intriguing, nonetheless. I hope he will post the solid evidence soon.
He's a long time member, a super-moderator of the forum. He knows Japanese, owns the Ultimanias and he has done this to other topics as well. That makes him reliable enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficence View Post
That's interesting, the thing you said first about Pulse from that other poster. I went to go look at this scene again after playing XIII-2 and I noticed that instead of seeing any similarities to Valhalla, per say, I found that the l'cie actually look like they are falling down a dark Historia Crux when they are getting branded by Pulse.

Final Fantasy 13 English Cutscenes #26 - Chapter 2 Hd WideScreen - YouTube

Thanks for bringing up the actual scene, I couldn't be bothered watching it again after finding out about Pulse. But yeah, I agree with you, the whole place does look like a dark version of the Historia Crux. Also, I can't believe I just noticed this now, but Pulse appeared from a crystal. A crystal. This is just a wild speculation, but if what Ehren (Leaferian) claiming
Spoiler:
about how the crystallized throne in Valhalla is Bhunivelze
is true, then we can assume that the Gods themselves entered in a crystal sleep as well. ...but then again, he appeared in that scene, so...

Also, now that I think about it, I actually don't get why Anima turned to crystal. Or maybe I just forgot about it.
Old Mar 28 2012, 02:46 AM   #6
Final Twilight
Aspirer

Gil: 740 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficence View Post

Final Fantasy 13 English Cutscenes #26 - Chapter 2 Hd WideScreen - YouTube

I actually see it differently. The whole thing with Pulse got me really interested about him so when you mentioned it looked like a dark version of the Historia Crux, I decided to look at it further.

To me the place where the l'Cie get branded, looks like a cage. I don't know why, but it just looks that way to me. Here are some screenshots I got from the video:

Spoiler:

Also, a couple things about Pulse. The crystal Pulse suddenly appears from, when it gets engulfed in flames, looks an awful lot like Cocoon when it's being held up by the crystal pillar. Maybe it's just my eyes wanting to think that, but I couldn't help but bring it up.

Spoiler:

I somehow feel like Square-Enix is either playing a joke, got really lazy, or really likes math and decided to play with Pulse. I got really bored tonight and decided to (for shits and giggles) decipher some of the text when Pulse appears from the crystal:

Spoiler:

Take note, I've found the word 'Multiplication' 4x of the course of that small sequence

Final Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28 2012, 06:45 AM   #7
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Twilight View Post
I somehow feel like Square-Enix is either playing a joke, got really lazy, or really likes math and decided to play with Pulse. I got really bored tonight and decided to (for shits and giggles) decipher some of the text when Pulse appears from the crystal:

Spoiler:

Take note, I've found the word 'Multiplication' 4x of the course of that small sequence
... I don't know what to make of that.
Old Mar 28 2012, 07:47 PM   #8
Maleficence
Moogle

Gil: 25 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat Noir View Post
Also, I can't believe I just noticed this now, but Pulse appeared from a crystal. A crystal. This is just a wild speculation, but if what Ehren (Leaferian) claiming
Spoiler:
about how the crystallized throne in Valhalla is Bhunivelze
is true, then we can assume that the Gods themselves entered in a crystal sleep as well. ...but then again, he appeared in that scene, so...

Also, now that I think about it, I actually don't get why Anima turned to crystal. Or maybe I just forgot about it.
Well, the gods do enter a sleep, particularly Buniberzei himself according to this video.
http://youtu.be/eUlt89pbMl8@ 1:50-2:00

Spoiler:
I also wonder if the New World spoken about in this video that Buniberzei was trying to make and what Caius said in the secret ending about being ready for a New World with his "real intentions" and his overall activity in XIII-2 having anything in common. Being that humanity was never really a part of what Buniberzei wanted for the world he stole from Muin, people being of Etro's making- who obviously didn't have to obey her maker, and how Caius's meddling affected the timeline, I feel like these two will be connected.

That's the first time I heard that speculation though, very interesting. That throne obviously is important somehow- I think so, anyway.

Last edited by Maleficence; Mar 28 2012 at 08:01 PM..
Maleficence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29 2012, 01:33 AM   #9
Final Twilight
Aspirer

Gil: 740 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat Noir View Post
... I don't know what to make of that.
I posted that mainly for humor. I was reading everything last night and thought to look into Pulse a little more to see if the text written on him would reveal anything new about...it?

Just thought it would lighten the mood instead of killing someone's brain with all the info on the other forum and this forum.

Sorry.

Final Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30 2012, 07:17 PM   #10
The moogle
Buster Sword

Gil: 60 [Donate]

that was sneeky of Square to intoduce one of the gods and not tell us. i wondered why Anima suddenly looked different. i wonder if we've seen Lindzei and not realised.

now we know that his being isnt Anima, this throws up some more questions about the intentions of the makers, did Pulse want cocoon destroyed and did Lindzei know what Pulse was upto. or could the l'cies focus have been something else was it to destroy the cocoon falcie because they had betrayed Lindzei's orders, Lindzei most likely couldnt show up and destroy them him/herself because of the same reason sanctum L'cie cant destroy cocoon.

its all very interesting i wonder what other secrets this ultimania is hiding
The moogle is offline   Reply With Quote