Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Network > Fabula Nova Crystallis News
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Mar 14 2012, 06:47 AM   #1
Rabla
K-ON Fanboy

Gil: 115 [Donate]
Default Nomura has Versus news - but can't tell us

Quote:
This week's Famitsu has some interesting comments from Versus XIII director Tetsuya Nomura regarding the game's progress.

According to him, he has some news on the project and is almost ready to reveal a lot of info for us (finally) - but some some "totally unrelated" reasons, he can't. He's also not allowed to talk about the situation stopping him, and all he can do is "continue discussions" - with who, it isn't said.

Is he being pushed for Multi-Plat maybe? Or do Square want Versus on the down-low to stay out of the spotlight for another game? Maybe it's being cancelled after all these many years. Who knows? Hopefully, we'll know very soon. Until then, we'll have to keep waiting for our next Versus XIII update.

So what do you think? What's going on at Square HQ that's making Nomura shut up for a change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
I for one would kill to see Nomura's vision for Mario Bros. Of course, I am a psychopath; I'll kill for pretty much anything.
Rabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14 2012, 06:51 AM   #2
Whiplash
Current Activity: Moderating

Gil: 9,455 [Donate]

Versus news for Nomura is equivalent to that hot South African girlfriend you have that totally exists and would be here sexing you all the time if she wasn't in South Africa. See alt.jdlutz/Karen/proof.

Your son is a very sick boy, just look at the X-rays. You see that dark spot there? Whiplash.
Us on Twitter
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14 2012, 07:08 AM   #3
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,050 [Donate]

(laughs )

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14 2012, 07:10 AM   #4
NotitsMan
hOnK

Gil: 3,570 [Donate]

I am dead inside thanks to this motherfucker. That better mean we're getting Versus news within the month or I'll just... just...

Just wait patiently like a good little consumer whore.

NotitsMan is offline   Send a message via MSN to NotitsMan Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14 2012, 07:13 AM   #5
FeLicityFaNtasy
Imaginitive Youth

Gil: 600 [Donate]

Perhaps because XIII-2 is still sort of being marketed, and Square has this weirdo philosophy lately of promoting only one mainline FF at a time?

Hmm. Lightning's Story DLC comes out in May. E3 is in June.

... ?
FeLicityFaNtasy is offline   Send a message via AIM to FeLicityFaNtasy Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14 2012, 07:15 AM   #6
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,050 [Donate]

If I received confirmation of my place at Microsoft's E3 conference, I wouldn't talk about it either.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14 2012, 10:08 AM   #7
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Gil: 1,820 [Donate]

Great. Just great.

Nomura shouldn't have come out to just say this shit in the first place.
Chat Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14 2012, 11:13 AM   #8
The moogle
Buster Sword

Gil: 60 [Donate]

look its been 6 years so this game is either massive or cancelled. and Nomora is trolling us.
The moogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14 2012, 11:37 AM   #9
.simon
Rural Juror

Gil: 800 [Donate]

Hilarious.
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14 2012, 12:13 PM   #10
Thundaga
Moogle

Gil: 320 [Donate]

I was thinking the other day that cancellation is a possibility. It's been 6 years! If this game does not get a release I'll have lost faith in SE. From the looks of the trailers and from the tidbits that have been released these past few years, this game looks like it could finally get Final Fantasy back where it needs to be: on top. (Oh yeaaah). But seriously, they'd better not cancel :/ C'mon SE you con do eeeet!
Thundaga is offline   Send a message via Skype™ to Thundaga Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14 2012, 01:44 PM   #11
Oracle
The thirst is real.

Gil: 7,840 [Donate]

Old Mar 14 2012, 01:49 PM   #12
Terros
FFXV Stalker

Gil: 620 [Donate]

I don't understand why if the issues are unrelated to Versus why he can't talk about the games development...something ain't right with this picture. I think we're going to get bad news.

Sig by Terros

Last edited by Terros; Mar 14 2012 at 01:56 PM..
Terros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14 2012, 03:07 PM   #13
thunderbolts9
Mayor of Pound Town

Gil: 300 [Donate]

Yet again Nomura give us news that he plans to reveal news in the near future. Seriously I don't want to know that you have news and not share it at that time. Nomura treat his fans like they are his 7th grade girlfriend...."I like you but I don't and I want to tell you I like you but I won't and I will keep changing my mind about everything every 5 min and when all is said and done we will look back and say WTF did he share anything of meaning with us at all

And if square does cancel it I will be close to losing faith in the future of the Final Fantasy series. I mean it is clear that versus was much more anticipated than xiii-2. So if you cancel what ppl are most excited for that is a huge middle finger to your fans

Also where the hell is my type-0 localization news?! I hate how square keeps on announcing new titles while it seems they forget about the ones that they are already working on. I mean put all your effort into your current games before thinking of new ones. Simple. It would also solve the problem that square realizes which is their long development time.
Look at naughty dog. Uncharted's dev time is pretty short and the games are still superb it's cuz they focus on that game only.

Last edited by thunderbolts9; Mar 14 2012 at 03:17 PM..
thunderbolts9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14 2012, 03:47 PM   #14
pot807
Moogle

Gil: 0 [Donate]

This is borderline blasphemy, but I am actually fine with them just cancelling this and perhaps focusing on FFXV / FFX HD. I am definitely NOT a fan of the KH battle system, style and if the story is as confusing and uninteresting as it was in FFXIII then I'll definitely not be very happy. But then again, they'd probably announce FFXV and not do anything for 6 years. And just because it's Final Fantasy XV it does not mean they won't mess it up. It's almost as if Square have now idea what to do next. I fear we might not actually see a new numbered entry for Final Fantasy and even if we do it might not be good. ;(
pot807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14 2012, 04:15 PM   #15
Ramenzilla
oh my glob

Gil: 1,565 [Donate]

Of all the things I gleaned from this "news", cancellation of the title was not one of them.

Negotiations to...
- go multiplatform
- to change the title (to XV perhaps)
- to break the world record for most delayed game of all time

but the fact that he announces shit like this over and over again is hilarious. Keep yo trap shut until you have revealed new information accompanied by new visuals.

the fifteenth cumming
Ramenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14 2012, 05:57 PM   #16
Terros
FFXV Stalker

Gil: 620 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramenzilla View Post
- to break the world record for most delayed game of all time
They're still quite a ways from beating Duke Nukem Forever. LOL. But If I had to order the things likely to happen I would put cancellation at the bottom of the list, I think Square realizes it would be company suicide to cancel a flag ship title like that.

Still I'd rather the game stay PS3 exclusive, but I understand they wanna make money, don't care of they change it to FFXV but I don't think it would make sense since the game shares the Fabula Nova myth.

All I want is a good game, and I think Versus has the potential.

Sig by Terros
Terros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14 2012, 06:01 PM   #17
TheAtreidesHawk
AngelicWarrior

Gil: 550 [Donate]

Absolutely hilarious.

My thoughts are that it's either going multiplat (which is awesome news for me as a 360 owner)

OR

Its being pushed back even further to allow XIII-3 to come out....

Either way its a hot mess. I loved XIII but I was equally excited to see what Versus XIII would be like. And I can't believe its been in limbo for so long....
TheAtreidesHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14 2012, 07:04 PM   #18
totlmstr
Wanderer

Gil: 10 [Donate]

I do not believe Versus will be delayed, since the storyline has been explained already. Look at XIII-2 and watch the ending. That was a teaser for Versus. Also take notice of how Agito is progressing, and maybe it's ending as well was interconnected to all of the XIII titles.

Expecting 12/21 release date...
totlmstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14 2012, 08:59 PM   #19
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Gil: 1,820 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by totlmstr View Post
I do not believe Versus will be delayed, since the storyline has been explained already. Look at XIII-2 and watch the ending. That was a teaser for Versus. Also take notice of how Agito is progressing, and maybe it's ending as well was interconnected--
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

NO.

The only thing they share with each other is the mythology, nothing more.
Chat Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14 2012, 09:32 PM   #20
Ramenzilla
oh my glob

Gil: 1,565 [Donate]

I wonder if they're far enough into production that they have an English voice cast or not yet.

Either way, I have a hunch E3 will probably be the next time they announce major info for the title. Hopefully I'm wrong, but more news sooner =/= release sooner so...whatever.

the fifteenth cumming
Ramenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote