Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Fabula Nova Crystallis > Final Fantasy XIII-2 > FFXIII-2 Spoiler Discussion & Questions
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Feb 28 2012, 08:20 PM   #1
Bloopie
Moogle

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default The Three Bahamut's

I am stuck on this battle... i defeat the first 2 once, then about 2 or 3 mins into the jet, it revives the other 2 again and sooner or later i just get killed in 1 hit!!

is this the same when u guys fought them??
Bloopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28 2012, 08:33 PM   #2
Ethan
Administrator

Gil: 3,909 [Donate]

You kill the two so you can start attacking the third. Yes he will revive them, you just gotta kill them again so you can go back to attacking the third.

His super attack will depend on how many there are, with just one it's pretty manageable, two makes things uncomfortable but you can still survive it, 3... well I don't know because I never experienced that
Ethan is offline   Send a message via MSN to Ethan Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28 2012, 08:37 PM   #3
Bloopie
Moogle

well i have seen some video walkthroughs of this battles, and the 2 dont get revived. When the super attack comes, is there some way of getting ready for that attack, is there like a notification on the top of the beast or a counter or what? so it gives me time to heal

I am dealing with 2 here lol
Old Feb 28 2012, 08:45 PM   #4
Ethan
Administrator

If that video showed the two not getting revived that just means the person was strong enough to kill him the first time, which seems pretty hard to me but whatever.

There should be some kind of count down thing, I can't remember what it is exactly but yeah it warns you somehow.
Old Feb 28 2012, 08:52 PM   #5
.simon
Rural Juror

Gil: 800 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
If that video showed the two not getting revived that just means the person was strong enough to kill him the first time, which seems pretty hard to me but whatever.
Once you get to lvl.99 in every role, it's pretty easy to kill it fast enough. It probably doesn't even take that much.

Go Rav/Rav/Rav to and then Com/Com/Com to kill the 2 Bahamuths quickly. There is a countdown from 3 before the Flare, so keep an eye on that and switch to Sen/Sen/Sen (or Sen/Sen/Med) when you think it's going to strike. You should survive without problems. If you have the Flan as the Med you can heal the whole party pretty quickly!
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28 2012, 08:55 PM   #6
Catapostrophe
Blonde Serah

Gil: 600 [Donate]

from what i gather the battle starts off with two of the dragons with the big one hanging back until those two are defeated. one is impervious to physical strikes the other to magic. take them both out to bring the big one out. once you beat down on him he will retreat and summon one of the other two.

this is where time is essential, because if you don't eliminate that one fast the other will eventually respawn and your jobs gonna get a whole lot tougher.

the big massive attack you have to worry about gets more powerful the more dragons are in play, which is why you wanna quickly take them down.

when i first attempted the battle i didn't stand a chance. noel and serah had 200 and 300 stats. i was completely unable to withstand the bosses devastating attack against all three dragons. so since then i've been unlocking areas and completing quests and now they're at 300 and 400 stats, which is hopefully enough.

i dunno how many rounds it takes to finally take down the big guy, it seemed endless to me but that's the general cycle of the battle afaik.

Losing your memory occurs in video games about as often as you reload your clip in Call of Duty.

If one more hack writer knocks up one more $h@tty ending to their story Imma go all Cathy Bates on their @$$!
Catapostrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28 2012, 09:01 PM   #7
Ethan
Administrator

Yeah it's not too hard, I got the trophy for 5 starring the fight on my first try after beating the game, all my guys were 99 but still took one revive.
Old Feb 28 2012, 09:21 PM   #8
hayatecraword
Moogle

I beat the game twice, and here is something I wrote about it:
http://hayatecrawford.tumblr.com/pos...ss-in-ffxiii-2
hayatecraword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28 2012, 09:24 PM   #9
Bloopie
Moogle

i might just train, i have quit to the end of academia 500af just before last waypoint, so i have a few battles up by sleeve, that means redoing them from scratch, but atleast i will train higher, my stats are actually high but im aiming for all 99 now thanks to what u guys said
Noel: com99 rav99 sen38 sab55 syn49 med 16
Serah: com99 rav99 sen41 sab50 syn35 med32

Anyone know a good CP farming spot!?
Old Feb 28 2012, 09:28 PM   #10
Bloopie
Moogle

ah hayatecraword i have just read ya post, u musta wrote while i wrote my reply, thanks a tonne! i have bookmarked for when i come back to it!!
Old Feb 28 2012, 09:52 PM   #11
hayatecraword
Moogle

^^ have fun and good luck ;D
Old Feb 28 2012, 10:49 PM   #12
.simon
Rural Juror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloopie View Post
i might just train, i have quit to the end of academia 500af just before last waypoint, so i have a few battles up by sleeve, that means redoing them from scratch
If you go to the Historia Crux by pressing start it will save your position, you don't have to redo anything. You can get to the last Kyactus statue and then go to the HC so you'll be able to fight the final boss right away.
Old Feb 28 2012, 11:11 PM   #13
Singularity
1 tree. 1000 matches.

Gil: 2,555 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by .simon View Post
If you go to the Historia Crux by pressing start it will save your position, you don't have to redo anything. You can get to the last Kyactus statue and then go to the HC so you'll be able to fight the final boss right away.
... wish I'd known that before I spent ages slogging it out with a low-level Flanitor as my medic.
Singularity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28 2012, 11:17 PM   #14
hayatecraword
Moogle

Quote:
...WAIT WHAT we can do that?
Old Feb 28 2012, 11:24 PM   #15
LightningNova
STEELGUARD!

I didn't find this battle too difficult tbh. I had maxed out almost all roles on both Serah and Noel and took a pretty decent SEN in with me, I think it was Bunkerbeast... no wait, it was my silver chocobo. This fight is all about speed tbh, you gotta be able to be quick in order to heal, debuff the dragons and then take 'em out as fast as you can.

When Jet is the only one in the fray, keep rav'ing it up, be careful though as he lays down some orbs that will explode after a certain time if you don't destroy 'em.

I got it on my 2nd attempt around though. It's a great and lengthy battle, longer than Yomi, but it's only because of having to take out the regenerated Amber and Garnet Bahamut's.
Old Feb 28 2012, 11:51 PM   #16
.simon
Rural Juror

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayatecraword View Post
...WAIT WHAT we can do that?
You can do that anywhere. If only people bothered to read tutorials
Old Feb 29 2012, 02:00 AM   #17
Bloopie
Moogle

Quote:
ummm well, when i posted this thread i was in middle of battle; so of course i couldnt save, i had to return to my last save point which was just before you enter the building at the end of Academia...
Old Feb 29 2012, 05:49 AM   #18
Catapostrophe
Blonde Serah

Quote:
be careful though as he lays down some orbs that will explode after a certain time if you don't destroy 'em.
Oh, yeah. Forgot about those... >.<

Quote:
You can do that anywhere. If only people bothered to read tutorials
only pussies need tutorials (j/k don't hate me but seriously)

Quote:
Anyone know a good CP farming spot!?
most monster groups in the dying world give 400CP a piece, which ain't bad. It's a vast place so just run amok as necessary.

other than that, the big Bahamut in the eclipse version of the Massif gives 1000CP alone. Other battles don't net all that bad there either so just run around the searchlight area cuz you'll encounter him quite regularly. He's shamefully easy to cream too.

Losing your memory occurs in video games about as often as you reload your clip in Call of Duty.

If one more hack writer knocks up one more $h@tty ending to their story Imma go all Cathy Bates on their @$$!
Catapostrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29 2012, 09:48 PM   #19
thunderboba
Moogle

Gil: 315 [Donate]

With Noel as leader, this is how I did it and got the Chronosaviour achievement.

I had everyone's roles at LV 99.

Paradigms:
COM/RAV/MED
COM/RAV/COM
MED/MED/MED
SEN/SEN/SEN (Used when Bahamut used Ultima and that blade attack)
SAB/SAB/COM
SEN/SEN/MED

Just debuff the first bahamuts (I started with the red) then switch to the 2nd paradigm to stagger Jet then just keep attacking and throwing in the odd Deprotect.
thunderboba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29 2012, 10:11 PM   #20
Henry
Judge

Gil: 400 [Donate]

I never used sen...just put def buffs and build up chain.......I had like 6k health. And I got 5 star rating.