Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Community > General Gaming
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Feb 27 2012, 08:05 AM   #21
Ramenzilla
oh my glob

Gil: 1,565 [Donate]

Is Evee in this? If not, lolbye.

the fifteenth cumming
Ramenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27 2012, 08:24 AM   #22
Rabla
K-ON Fanboy

Gil: 115 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
One thing I didn't like was the white-colored Reshiram being the mascot for Black, and the black-colored Zekrom being the mascot for White. But this was something I could look past.

WAIT... I just realized... White 2 has White Kyurem which is Kyurem+Reshiram... so it almost makes some kind of sense.
That's because Protagonist-kun/chan has the one on the cover of Black or White. The one that N took with him is the one that got affected by Kyurem. The switch makes sense.

I'll play this. I did enjoy White heaps, so yeah.

...as a White player, I'm meant to get White 2 right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
I for one would kill to see Nomura's vision for Mario Bros. Of course, I am a psychopath; I'll kill for pretty much anything.
Rabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27 2012, 08:59 AM   #23
.simon
Rural Juror

Gil: 800 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
No new Pokemon, not a true "sequel".
If it's set in Unova, why should it have new Pokemon? The third installment never brought a new batch of Pokemon. If that's what we're getting instead, I'd say it's a lot better than Pokemon Chrome or whatever.
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27 2012, 07:14 PM   #24
Ethan
Administrator

Gil: 3,909 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by .simon View Post
If it's set in Unova, why should it have new Pokemon? The third installment never brought a new batch of Pokemon. If that's what we're getting instead, I'd say it's a lot better than Pokemon Chrome or whatever.
I can't explain why but I'm now really confused as to what your angle is...

Ethan is offline   Send a message via MSN to Ethan Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27 2012, 08:19 PM   #25
.simon
Rural Juror

Gil: 800 [Donate]

I don't understand why people want new pokemons, it's a V generation game (and I'm guessing set in Unova). Maybe I misinterpreted, but if it's a sequel, it's a lot better than a third game like Crystal or Platinum that added very little to the originals and were more a gimmick than anything else. The article that Whip linked and Pokemon.com talk about new adventures. To me that suggest a real sequel with a new storyline. How is that bad? Now that they've finally figured it out that giving characters a personality, having a resemblance of character development and a bigger involvement of everyone in the story makes the game better, a sequel is exactly what I hoped they'd do, especially if they keep Cheren, Belle, N and co. as well as the gym leaders.

I don't understand why you'd say "no new pokemon, not a sequel" when given the games' story I'd say it's the opposite. It sounded like people were disappointed when imho they couldn't have made a better choice.
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27 2012, 09:05 PM   #26
Leaferian
Leafť, Raspatil Slayer

Gil: 770 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by .simon View Post
I don't understand why people want new pokemons, it's a V generation game (and I'm guessing set in Unova). Maybe I misinterpreted, but if it's a sequel, it's a lot better than a third game like Crystal or Platinum that added very little to the originals and were more a gimmick than anything else. The article that Whip linked and Pokemon.com talk about new adventures. To me that suggest a real sequel with a new storyline. How is that bad? Now that they've finally figured it out that giving characters a personality, having a resemblance of character development and a bigger involvement of everyone in the story makes the game better, a sequel is exactly what I hoped they'd do, especially if they keep Cheren, Belle, N and co. as well as the gym leaders.

I don't understand why you'd say "no new pokemon, not a sequel" when given the games' story I'd say it's the opposite. It sounded like people were disappointed when imho they couldn't have made a better choice.
I agree with you here, simon.

And like you said earlier, the "bridge"/third game of a generation almost never added new Pokemon. Hell, all Platinum did was add a new form for Giratina really. The stories of the bridges games have always been just a little bit better, but that's usually because they use the bridge game to fix whatever narrative duds came before and fluff it up a bit.

I'm personally more interested to find out if there will be a way to create New Game+ type data for Black and White 2 through their Global Link or whatever the connecting website is called and who you'll be playing as.
Leaferian is offline   Send a message via MSN to Leaferian Send a message via Yahoo to Leaferian Send a message via Skype™ to Leaferian Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27 2012, 09:11 PM   #27

Gil: 1,965 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramenzilla View Post
Is Evee in this? If not, lolbye.
Gameshark? Code breaker? Action Replay? Is that OK? lolcomeback

"I hope you havenít forgotten my role in this little story.

Iím the leading man.

You know what they say about the leading man?

He never dies.
"

-Balthier from Final Fantasy XII

Ffamran mied Bunansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27 2012, 09:14 PM   #28
Ethan
Administrator

Ok now that I've had more time to think, if this is indeed a story set after the events of Black and White instead of alternate stories of the main games, which is what Platinum, Emerald, etc, have been before then yeah it seems Black 2 and White 2 will be superior, although we'll have to wait for more info. Speaking of which Nintendo is saying Fall 2012 release for North America + Europe!

Old Feb 28 2012, 03:17 AM   #29
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,050 [Donate]

TIL Pokemon games have stories.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28 2012, 04:37 AM   #30
Whiplash
Current Activity: Moderating

Gil: 9,455 [Donate]

Black/White had more than is usual for a Pokemon game.

Your son is a very sick boy, just look at the X-rays. You see that dark spot there? Whiplash.
Us on Twitter
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28 2012, 06:55 AM   #31
Aurelia
FOR XV

Gil: 2,545 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dunham View Post
TIL Pokemon games have stories.

Wait wait whoa whoa WHOA........... They DO!?

Aurelia is offline   Send a message via AIM to Aurelia Send a message via MSN to Aurelia Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28 2012, 08:04 AM   #32
Whiplash
Current Activity: Moderating

Gil: 9,455 [Donate]

They're bugs, Vi, not part of the game but shoddy coding allows you to find them if you meet certain conditions.

Your son is a very sick boy, just look at the X-rays. You see that dark spot there? Whiplash.
Us on Twitter
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02 2012, 10:54 AM   #33
LightningNova
STEELGUARD!

Gil: 600 [Donate]

I'm so disappointed over this. I really thought they'd take at least another year in development to at least try another 3DS release. The sad fact is that more people have access to a regular DS than the upgrade, and since that's where most fans lie, that's going to be the main platform for Game Freak to release new games of the franchise on. I just don't even know what the freakin' hell those Kyruem 'types' are. They look like they've been shoved into a bag with reshiram and zekrom and that's what they got.

They look terrible :/ and I never thought I'd say that about a Pokemon game. Ever.

EDIT: But give me time, I may just warm to the idea.....

Last edited by LightningNova; Mar 02 2012 at 10:56 AM..
LightningNova is offline   Send a message via MSN to LightningNova Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02 2012, 03:04 AM   #34
Pettoshoppu Sekkusu
● ● ●

Bumping this.

Apparently new info is going to be released about these games on either the 4th or the 8th of April -- I've also heard mid-April, but I'm too lazy to confirm. Soon, though.

Black and White, though. I bought Black, mainly because Reshiram was adorable. The protagonists were beautiful to me and so were the environments. The zoomed pixel thing didn't even bother me because I'm used to working with sprites and etc. so I actually saw it as sort of cute, even if it took time to adjust to. I did love the involvement of the Gym Leaders and even everything about N made me have feelings. It was all very simplistic in terms of story, of course, but for a Pokemon game, it was great. The new Pokemon themselves, well, I wasn't too fond of a lot of them, but certain ones stand out; at least they were FAR better than the Gen IV Pokemon.

So, even if Black Kyurem and White Kyurem seem like an odd concept, I'm sure they'll pull something decent together. I just hope it's not too recycled. I'll still end up buying it out of habit no matter what, mind you. I'd like it if they kept the same protagonists but made them older/whatever, but if there are new, nice protagonists, I'll be fine with that too.
Pettoshoppu Sekkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02 2012, 01:17 PM   #35
Vaeren
Ethereal

Gil: 130 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pettoshoppu Sekkusu View Post
Bumping this.

Apparently new info is going to be released about these games on either the 4th or the 8th of April -- I've also heard mid-April, but I'm too lazy to confirm. Soon, though.

Black and White, though. I bought Black, mainly because Reshiram was adorable. The protagonists were beautiful to me and so were the environments. The zoomed pixel thing didn't even bother me because I'm used to working with sprites and etc. so I actually saw it as sort of cute, even if it took time to adjust to. I did love the involvement of the Gym Leaders and even everything about N made me have feelings. It was all very simplistic in terms of story, of course, but for a Pokemon game, it was great. The new Pokemon themselves, well, I wasn't too fond of a lot of them, but certain ones stand out; at least they were FAR better than the Gen IV Pokemon.

So, even if Black Kyurem and White Kyurem seem like an odd concept, I'm sure they'll pull something decent together. I just hope it's not too recycled. I'll still end up buying it out of habit no matter what, mind you. I'd like it if they kept the same protagonists but made them older/whatever, but if there are new, nice protagonists, I'll be fine with that too.
I bought Black as well, and I liked it fairly well, however it felt like it was missing something. The post-game quests were entirely too easy, and the world just felt small. If they could incorporate what they did in Gold/Silver and allow the player to explore past continents, that would really be incredible. As well as incorporating something like Ruby/Sapphire/Emeralds' post-game quests.

Vaeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03 2012, 01:14 AM   #36
Pettoshoppu Sekkusu
● ● ●

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaeren View Post
I bought Black as well, and I liked it fairly well, however it felt like it was missing something. The post-game quests were entirely too easy, and the world just felt small. If they could incorporate what they did in Gold/Silver and allow the player to explore past continents, that would really be incredible. As well as incorporating something like Ruby/Sapphire/Emeralds' post-game quests.
That was probably one of my biggest qualms about the game, actually. What I loved about Gold/Silver was just how long it was. And then in HG/SS, they only made it better and longer! So, having newer games being significantly shorter than those makes me at least a little sad. Surely since they have the world already designed it wouldn't take too much to add a new region or whatever and some nice side things.
Old Apr 12 2012, 10:43 PM   #37
Pettoshoppu Sekkusu
● ● ●

Bumping this shit again.

Apparently--

Quote:
It’s been a couple months since the minds of PokeManiacs worldwide were blown with the announcement of Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, the very first numbered sequel for the core Pokemon games.

The new issue reveals that the game is still set in Unova, the region from the original Pokemon Black and White games, but that it features new locations, new trainers, new gym leaders and a new rival. The game takes place two years after the events of Black and White, and the Unova region has undergone some major changes during that time. It seems at least part of the map is frozen in ice (thanks to legendary ice Pokemon Kyurem, perhaps?), while other areas have been altered from what they were like in Black and White.

Among the new areas is one called Hiougi City (a name likely set to change with the stateside release), and new gym leaders include one who specializes in Poison and one who specializes in Water. As for your rival, he’s the trainer with the spiky hair pictured above.

It was also revealed that the Unova Pokedex in these sequels has 300 Pokemon in it, rather than the 155 that Black and White had. Furthermore, we now know that Black Kyurem will know the move Freeze Shock and White Kyurem will know Ice Burn. Familiar monsters from other generations spotted in the updated Unova Pokedex include Psyduck, Riolu, Metagross, Tyranitar, Lapras and Arcanine.
I'm liking the look of these protags (They look a lot like Black and White -- are they just older?). 8D

Last edited by Pettoshoppu Sekkusu; Apr 12 2012 at 10:50 PM..
Old Apr 12 2012, 11:02 PM   #38
Ethan
Administrator

I'm really curious as to how much is different and how much stays the same. New gym leaders? Does that mean they replace old ones? If so, why? Or are there now going to be more than 8 gyms? If there are new places, will every place in the first games return? Many questions...

Also, I would TOTALLY be on board with the new male, even with that hair... if it weren't for those... leggings? I mean, I guess I can try to see past them, but still, I think he would have looked much better without them.

Last edited by Ethan; Apr 12 2012 at 11:07 PM..
Old Apr 12 2012, 11:43 PM   #39
Ramenzilla
oh my glob

Gil: 1,565 [Donate]

I've been craving some pokemon in my life. Maybe I'll give this game a go!

the fifteenth cumming
Ramenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12 2012, 11:49 PM   #40
otakumasterage
Highwind

Gil: 40 [Donate]

I miss Pokemon. Last one I played was silver. Maybe I'll buy this now that I bought a 3ds.