Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Network > Fabula Nova Crystallis News
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Jan 25 2012, 06:43 PM   #41
Ethan
Administrator

 Ethan's Avatar

Gil: 3,909 [Donate]
Default

Hang on a tick, you mean no one else knew this already? OH JESUS CHRIST.
__________________

Ethan is offline   Send a message via MSN to Ethan Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 06:45 PM   #42
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

 Agent Dunham's Avatar

Gil: 7,350 [Donate]
Default

So I see SE'strolling lessons really paid off.
__________________


[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 06:47 PM   #43
Mike
We’re alone now.

 Mike's Avatar

Gil: 2,600 [Donate]
Default

People love to kid themselves into thinking we'll get the best case scenario when something like this comes up.
__________________

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 06:58 PM   #44
Ramenzilla
oh my glob

 Ramenzilla's Avatar

Gil: 1,565 [Donate]
Default

or already go in expecting the worst.
__________________

the fifteenth cumming
Ramenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 07:27 PM   #45
The moogle
Buster Sword

 The moogle's Avatar

Gil: 60 [Donate]
Default

dont panic

http://andriasang.com/comzqz/ffxiii2_lightning_dlc/

lightning is going to get her own secret episodes, but no mention of the goddess costume.
The moogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 07:53 PM   #46
Glacies
This is a lie

 Glacies's Avatar

Gil: 1,205 [Donate]
Default

^Yes, thank you, that was mentioned in the opening post.
__________________

Mah Work
Glacies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 10:27 PM   #47
Leaferian
Leafé, Raspatil Slayer

 Leaferian's Avatar

Gil: 1,070 [Donate]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramenzilla View Post
Aaaaand officially lost interest in the DLC. Rages are warranted, etc.

There's still a chance that Trolliyama, but I'm certainly not holding out for it.
Leaferian is offline   Send a message via MSN to Leaferian Send a message via Yahoo to Leaferian Send a message via Skype™ to Leaferian Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 10:32 PM   #48
OnewithaBlade
One Tough Cookie

 OnewithaBlade's Avatar

Gil: 610 [Donate]
Default

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Lightning in valkyrie armour, explorable Valhalla...I hope.
__________________
OnewithaBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 10:35 PM   #49
Leaferian
Leafé, Raspatil Slayer

 Leaferian's Avatar

Gil: 1,070 [Donate]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnewithaBlade View Post
I don't know what to believe anymore.

Lightning in valkyrie armour, explorable Valhalla...I hope.
It'd be cool, but... If this DLC is any indication I don't think that'll happen. We can hope, though.
Leaferian is offline   Send a message via MSN to Leaferian Send a message via Yahoo to Leaferian Send a message via Skype™ to Leaferian Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26 2012, 04:08 AM   #50
NotitsMan
hOnK

 NotitsMan's Avatar

Gil: 3,570 [Donate]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaferian View Post
It really, really is though. There's major diff between discussion and various forms of "This is the end/so not here for this/etc.", primarily that the latter discards all possibility of anything other than the scenario someone imagined without any evidence. Sorry if that's somehow heckling your fur, but that's a lot stronger of a reaction then is really warranted at this point.

What's the fair amount of evidence? All we've got to go on is a video that shows a few seconds of Lightning in her 13 costume. Hardly irrefutable evidence of what her incarnation will actually be like, or even that the coliseum battle will be where you obtain her. (Although I believe that's where the story event will take place where you get her) As for Omega, that's a monster not an actual character. And as I recall Omega is referred to as a collectable monster and not as a playable character, which is the term they use for Lightning here. This little bit Jake linked us to is the first I've seen of the Lightning DLC since the tidbit at the end of that trailer, so...

...Is there more I'm missing? 'Cause I think that's all there is on this subject by way of evidence.
...Nobody made a decision or a determination, though, so I'm not sure what your point is. We said 'if it's old Lightning, I don't care'. So even by your definition, it isn't overreaction. Are we not allowed to discuss that very distinct possibility? You can argue against it being a distinct possibility all you want, but that doesn't change what the evidence says to me and how I interpret it. You might have a case to get on us for overreacting if anyone had said 'OH NO IT'S THE OLD LIGHTNING SKIN GROSS' instead of 'I hope it's not the old Lightning skin'.
NotitsMan is offline   Send a message via MSN to NotitsMan Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26 2012, 04:38 AM   #51
Ariana
FOR XV

 Ariana's Avatar

Gil: 760 [Donate]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Penalty View Post
...Nobody made a decision or a determination, though, so I'm not sure what your point is. We said 'if it's old Lightning, I don't care'. So even by your definition, it isn't overreaction. Are we not allowed to discuss that very distinct possibility? You can argue against it being a distinct possibility all you want, but that doesn't change what the evidence says to me and how I interpret it. You might have a case to get on us for overreacting if anyone had said 'OH NO IT'S THE OLD LIGHTNING SKIN GROSS' instead of 'I hope it's not the old Lightning skin'.
Preach it, DP. Seriously though, no one is making a better case for overreacting being prevalent in this thread than you are, Leaferian.
__________________

Ariana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26 2012, 05:36 AM   #52

 Ffamran mied Bunansa's Avatar

Gil: 1,965 [Donate]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaferian View Post
I kinda hope she'll end up keeping Army of One in addition to getting a new skill. I doubt that'll end up happening, but a boy can dream.
The more the merrier. I enjoy that idea . I also wish that there could be downloadable new special abilities, but that chance may be slim in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Penalty View Post
Late but, no it's not overreaction. It's discussion and speculation about preferences and fears concerning Final Fantasy XIII DLC on a Final Fantasy forum, with the fears prefaced by a big old 'IF'. It's pretty much what this particular thread is for, though I do apologize if we've rubbed you the wrong way. I think however that we have a fair amount of evidence suggesting Lightning might just be plain old XIII Lightning via her Coliseum battle that puts her not in her new clothes but in her old getup. Considering this is where Omega is recruited in the DLC, I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true for Lightning. It's not conclusive evidence by any means, but it does seem suggestive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Penalty View Post
...Nobody made a decision or a determination, though, so I'm not sure what your point is. We said 'if it's old Lightning, I don't care'. So even by your definition, it isn't overreaction. Are we not allowed to discuss that very distinct possibility? You can argue against it being a distinct possibility all you want, but that doesn't change what the evidence says to me and how I interpret it. You might have a case to get on us for overreacting if anyone had said 'OH NO IT'S THE OLD LIGHTNING SKIN GROSS' instead of 'I hope it's not the old Lightning skin'.
Amen and bless.
__________________
Spoiler:



"I hope you haven’t forgotten my role in this little story.

I’m the leading man.

You know what they say about the leading man?

He never dies.
"

-Balthier from Final Fantasy XII


Last edited by Ffamran mied Bunansa; Jan 26 2012 at 05:38 AM..
Ffamran mied Bunansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26 2012, 05:49 AM   #53
Leaferian
Leafé, Raspatil Slayer

 Leaferian's Avatar

Gil: 1,070 [Donate]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Penalty View Post
...Nobody made a decision or a determination, though, so I'm not sure what your point is. We said 'if it's old Lightning, I don't care'. So even by your definition, it isn't overreaction. Are we not allowed to discuss that very distinct possibility? You can argue against it being a distinct possibility all you want, but that doesn't change what the evidence says to me and how I interpret it. You might have a case to get on us for overreacting if anyone had said 'OH NO IT'S THE OLD LIGHTNING SKIN GROSS' instead of 'I hope it's not the old Lightning skin'.
Uh.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
...I'm over this game already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
Saw it. Fuck that. Not paying for XIII Lightning. No way.

Those're the two that spurred me on to tell people to take a glass of lemonade and chill, specifically. The second one is pretty much the ew gross from where I'm sitting, just not in the same caps. Way I see it, my post was pretty tame and breezy. In fact, I only wasted a single sentence on that line of thinking till you started talking to me about it.

Soooo yeah. o .o; "Get on" you is a bit of an overstatement. You sure you're not pulling from our prior disagreement?

As for the evidence thing, it's fine if you interpret the evidence at hand a certain way. Still, that doesn't change the fact that there was next to nothing to go on and that was the point I was making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
Preach it, DP. Seriously though, no one is making a better case for overreacting being prevalent in this thread than you are, Leaferian.
Not really. I'm having a discussion with DP that's been pretty extensive, but my original post wasn't serious or ragey or anything. All I said was calm yo tits.

^ w^

Which it looks like you still need to do, missy, though for different reasons. :3 Here, I'll give you mint cookies as a peace offering. LET'S CHANGE OUR PARADIGM TO SALVATION, PLS, INFILTRATION IS GETTING US NOWHERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffamran mied Bunansa View Post
The more the merrier. I enjoy that idea . I also wish that there could be downloadable new special abilities, but that chance may be slim in my mind.
Yeah. Hopefully, but it seems unlikely. It'd also be cool if there were double character special skills, but again it seems unlikely at this point.

Last edited by Leaferian; Jan 26 2012 at 10:45 AM..
Leaferian is offline   Send a message via MSN to Leaferian Send a message via Yahoo to Leaferian Send a message via Skype™ to Leaferian Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26 2012, 05:51 AM   #54

 Ffamran mied Bunansa's Avatar

Gil: 1,965 [Donate]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaferian View Post


Yeah. Hopefully, but it seems unlikely. It'd also be cool if there were double character special skills, but again it seems unlikely at this point.
I think certain cinematic action accounts for double characters special skills like that one with the Paradox Alpha.
__________________
Spoiler:



"I hope you haven’t forgotten my role in this little story.

I’m the leading man.

You know what they say about the leading man?

He never dies.
"

-Balthier from Final Fantasy XII

Ffamran mied Bunansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26 2012, 05:54 AM   #55
Leaferian
Leafé, Raspatil Slayer

 Leaferian's Avatar

Gil: 1,070 [Donate]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffamran mied Bunansa View Post
I think certain cinematic action accounts for double characters special skills like that one with the Paradox Alpha.
I can see that, yeah, but I wish that there were skills you could use in non-boss/cinema scene situations. Just because I like pretty graphics that do lots of damage.
Leaferian is offline   Send a message via MSN to Leaferian Send a message via Yahoo to Leaferian Send a message via Skype™ to Leaferian Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26 2012, 06:09 AM   #56
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

 Agent Dunham's Avatar

Gil: 7,350 [Donate]
Default

This thread would be far more exciting if it were to become a gladiator battle.
__________________


[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26 2012, 06:11 AM   #57
Leaferian
Leafé, Raspatil Slayer

 Leaferian's Avatar

Gil: 1,070 [Donate]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dunham View Post
This thread would be far more exciting if it were to become a gladiator battle.
Would we each get our own lion?

o .o
Leaferian is offline   Send a message via MSN to Leaferian Send a message via Yahoo to Leaferian Send a message via Skype™ to Leaferian Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26 2012, 06:56 AM   #58
Chat Noir
durareriroru

 Chat Noir's Avatar

Gil: 1,820 [Donate]
Default

I'll just think of it this way. They won't be announcing any DLC (the DLC that I'm expecting them to release) that can potentially be spoilerific. That means no good news until the game gets released in the rest of the world.

I'm done.
Chat Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26 2012, 06:59 AM   #59
Leaferian
Leafé, Raspatil Slayer

 Leaferian's Avatar

Gil: 1,070 [Donate]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat Noir View Post
I'll just think of it this way. They won't be announcing any DLC (the DLC that I'm expecting them to release) that can potentially be spoilerific. That means no good news until the game gets released in the rest of the world.

I'm done.
True enough. I guess there's not much point in getting up in arms about ANY conclusion.





Also, sorry if I spooked anyone's opinion-chickens or anything.
= w=
Leaferian is offline   Send a message via MSN to Leaferian Send a message via Yahoo to Leaferian Send a message via Skype™ to Leaferian Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26 2012, 09:55 AM   #60
Mike
We’re alone now.

 Mike's Avatar

Gil: 2,600 [Donate]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaferian View Post
Those're the two that spurred me on to tell people to take a glass of lemonade and chill, specifically. The second one is pretty much the ew gross from where I'm sitting, just not in the same caps. Way I see it, my post was pretty tame and breezy. In fact, I only wasted a single sentence on that line of thinking till you started talking to me about it.

Soooo yeah. o .o; "Get on" you is a bit of an overstatement. You sure you're not pulling from our prior disagreement?
If I may just clarify, I'm not really over the game because of this. I'm just over it in general and of the mindset that adding Lightning in any form will always lead to bitching and whining because someone isn't happy with how she turns out for some reason or another.

This thread being excellent proof of the later, so it really doesn't seem like overreacting to me.
__________________

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
dlc, lightning, playable


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
FinalFantasy-XIII.net © - All content is property of its respective owners

eXTReMe Tracker
FinalFantasy-XIII.net - Archive