Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Network > Fabula Nova Crystallis News
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Jan 25 2012, 08:17 AM   #21
Ariana
FOR XV

Gil: 760 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaferian View Post
>implying they weren't planning this for months, that they'd even have to change the battle system when it'd be more likely you'd be forced to replace Noel or Serah with the new PC, and that even in the shiniest of systems that a Guest character is anything more than an extra party member with a set of tags that cause it to be controllable only by AI or that this is any different than the monster characters or the extra party members in 13.

And you aren't.
Meh, prepare to be disappointed.

Also, your mother.

Last edited by Ariana; Jan 25 2012 at 08:35 AM..
Ariana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 08:22 AM   #22
Leaferian
Leafé, Raspatil Slayer

Gil: 1,070 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
Meh, prepare to be disappointed.

Also, your mother.
It's possible. And if that happens, I'll go raise a rage or four. If not, then nawesome.

Also, you're damn right.

Last edited by Leaferian; Jan 25 2012 at 08:31 AM..
Leaferian is offline   Send a message via MSN to Leaferian Send a message via Yahoo to Leaferian Send a message via Skype™ to Leaferian Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 08:33 AM   #23
Ariana
FOR XV

Spoiler:

Old Jan 25 2012, 08:36 AM   #24
Leaferian
Leafé, Raspatil Slayer

I woulda been mad, bro, but then I realized I've seen all those shows and I was too distracted remembering when all that shit went down, yo.

Leaferian is offline   Send a message via MSN to Leaferian Send a message via Yahoo to Leaferian Send a message via Skype™ to Leaferian Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 08:39 AM   #25
Ariana
FOR XV

Anyway, back on topic now. I really don't think I'll be interested in Lightning's DLC, unless she's also available in Goddess Armour mode, or she has her own Crystarium. Otherwise, nope nope nope, not paying for yesterday's news. No thanks.

Old Jan 25 2012, 08:43 AM   #26
Leaferian
Leafé, Raspatil Slayer

Spoiler:

Also back on topic, if it turns out to be just a port of her from 13 and she's a monster or whatever, I definitely won't be saving up my change jar to buy it. On the other hand, if my roommate ends up buying it anyway then I'll probably end up using her.

Especially if she ends up getting Haste.
Old Jan 25 2012, 08:46 AM   #27
Ariana
FOR XV

Quote:
Spoiler:

Also back on topic, if it turns out to be just a port of her from 13 and she's a monster or whatever, I definitely won't be saving up my change jar to buy it. On the other hand, if my roommate ends up buying it anyway then I'll probably end up using her.

Especially if she ends up getting Haste.
I thought some monsters have access to Haste in their Crystarium, even if Serah and Noel don't.

Old Jan 25 2012, 08:46 AM   #28
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Gil: 1,820 [Donate]

Pretty much what Ari said. Also, if her episode plays an important part in the whole story line.
Chat Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 08:50 AM   #29
Leaferian
Leafé, Raspatil Slayer

Quote:
I thought some monsters have access to Haste in their Crystarium, even if Serah and Noel don't.
Really? I hadn't seen any in the livestreams I was watching, but then again I always seemed to miss the parts where they developed their monsters. I hadn't seen any monsters with Haste so I figured that was an unfounded rumor.

I guess we'll see what happens when the game comes out. I, for one, fully intend to catch them mother fucking all. If Pokemon and Dragon Warrior: Monster Island taught me anything, it's an obsessive need to collect every petlike creature available.
Old Jan 25 2012, 09:12 AM   #30
Lymle
。◕‿◕。

Gil: 700 [Donate]

Only here for this as long as you get to play in her XIII-2 form.
Old Jan 25 2012, 09:29 AM   #31
NotitsMan
hOnK

Gil: 3,570 [Donate]

Quote:
It's overreacting as long as we don't know the details. If the episodic DLC is actually about Lightning like is claimed up there, then I don't think there'll be much to worry about. Hell, if we're REALLY lucky then the Lightning you get in your party will be her right after she got sucked out of the ending of 13 and we'll get to play through her ascension to Warrior Goddess status or something.
Late but, no it's not overreaction. It's discussion and speculation about preferences and fears concerning Final Fantasy XIII DLC on a Final Fantasy forum, with the fears prefaced by a big old 'IF'. It's pretty much what this particular thread is for, though I do apologize if we've rubbed you the wrong way. I think however that we have a fair amount of evidence suggesting Lightning might just be plain old XIII Lightning via her Coliseum battle that puts her not in her new clothes but in her old getup. Considering this is where Omega is recruited in the DLC, I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true for Lightning. It's not conclusive evidence by any means, but it does seem suggestive.
NotitsMan is offline   Send a message via MSN to NotitsMan Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 09:35 AM   #32
Ethan
Administrator

Gil: 3,909 [Donate]

Why is everyone suddenly getting so pressed over this?

Ethan is offline   Send a message via MSN to Ethan Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 09:36 AM   #33
Chat Noir
durareriroru

We need screenshots to clear things up.
Old Jan 25 2012, 09:39 AM   #34

Gil: 1,965 [Donate]

I hope Lightning gets her own special skill like from XIII, but new.

"I hope you haven’t forgotten my role in this little story.

I’m the leading man.

You know what they say about the leading man?

He never dies.
"

-Balthier from Final Fantasy XII

Ffamran mied Bunansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 09:47 AM   #35
Leaferian
Leafé, Raspatil Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Penalty View Post
Late but, no it's not overreaction. It's discussion and speculation about preferences and fears concerning Final Fantasy XIII DLC on a Final Fantasy forum, with the fears prefaced by a big old 'IF'. It's pretty much what this particular thread is for, though I do apologize if we've rubbed you the wrong way. I think however that we have a fair amount of evidence suggesting Lightning might just be plain old XIII Lightning via her Coliseum battle that puts her not in her new clothes but in her old getup. Considering this is where Omega is recruited in the DLC, I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true for Lightning. It's not conclusive evidence by any means, but it does seem suggestive.
It really, really is though. There's major diff between discussion and various forms of "This is the end/so not here for this/etc.", primarily that the latter discards all possibility of anything other than the scenario someone imagined without any evidence. Sorry if that's somehow heckling your fur, but that's a lot stronger of a reaction then is really warranted at this point.

What's the fair amount of evidence? All we've got to go on is a video that shows a few seconds of Lightning in her 13 costume. Hardly irrefutable evidence of what her incarnation will actually be like, or even that the coliseum battle will be where you obtain her. (Although I believe that's where the story event will take place where you get her) As for Omega, that's a monster not an actual character. And as I recall Omega is referred to as a collectable monster and not as a playable character, which is the term they use for Lightning here. This little bit Jake linked us to is the first I've seen of the Lightning DLC since the tidbit at the end of that trailer, so...

...Is there more I'm missing? 'Cause I think that's all there is on this subject by way of evidence.

Anyway. Like I said, I agree that if it's just plain old 13 Lightning then that'll be kind of lame and I don't want to pay for it. There just isn't enough evidence to make a decision on that yet, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
Why is everyone suddenly getting so pressed over this?
Suddenly?

GURL WHERE YOU BEEN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat Noir View Post
We need screenshots to clear things up.
Yes, yes we do. I hope we get screenies soon, I'm actually really interested to see how this shit goes down. On the positive side of things, I think that if they've been planning this for a while it'd be a relatively simple matter to add another proper character. If this is the case, it gives us hope (hardy har) for other 13 characters to make return appearances in the party.

On the negative, it's possible Square wouldn't want to put that much effort into it and would prefer to just make her a monster gem with a single role that covers all of her bases somehow.

On the neutral side, if Square Enix is really money hungry then my first suggestion about her being a proper PC is probably the more lucrative option. It would allow a whole new slew of weapon and outfit DLCs, as well as potentially drawing more sales for future story and character DLC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffamran mied Bunansa View Post
I hope Lightning gets her own special skill like from XIII, but new.
I kinda hope she'll end up keeping Army of One in addition to getting a new skill. I doubt that'll end up happening, but a boy can dream.

Last edited by Leaferian; Jan 25 2012 at 09:53 AM..
Old Jan 25 2012, 04:11 PM   #36
Ramenzilla
oh my glob

Gil: 1,565 [Donate]

http://andriasang.com/comzrg/xiii2_toriyama/

Quote:
  • Lightning will appear in the game as a coliseum opponent download. Defeat her, and you can make her into a party member. Her role is blaster.
  • They hope to continue releasing download content through May.
  • The DLC will include things outside of the coliseum battles -- episodes, for instance.

the fifteenth cumming

Last edited by Ramenzilla; Jan 25 2012 at 04:55 PM..
Ramenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 05:06 PM   #37
Kalirian
Windrunner

Gil: 0 [Donate]

inb4 They launch all FFXIII characters as one role.
Like Hope Medic and stuff.
Kalirian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 05:42 PM   #38
Ariana
FOR XV

>Lightning will appear in the game as a coliseum opponent download. Defeat her, and you can make her into a party member. Her role is blaster.

Knew she'd be the equivalent of a monster. Definitely not paying for her, not unless she also comes with her goddess attire.

Old Jan 25 2012, 05:57 PM   #39
.simon
Rural Juror

Gil: 800 [Donate]

Quote:
Knew she'd be the equivalent of a monster. Definitely not paying for her, not unless she also comes with her goddess attire.
Same here. I can always play FFXIII otherwise. I'm more interested in having Eidolons in my party than characters anyway.
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 06:09 PM   #40
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Ugh, not interested.

As for the episodes.. hmm.