Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Network > Fabula Nova Crystallis News
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Jan 25 2012, 03:25 AM   #1
Jake
I'M ON TOP

Gil: 920 [Donate]
Default Playable Lightning DLC

Apparently, Lightning will have her own episode in the form of DLC, and she will be able to join your party. Now everyone bitching about her limited playability in the main game should be happy. Count me excited. There's also a tidbit about more stupid novels being planned that include Sazh and Dajh. And the real star of the game Chocobocolina. Have a fantabulous day!

Source

I'm objectifying you. Sexually.

[19:01:12] Ethan Don't click unless you want to see the hole
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 03:45 AM   #2
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,050 [Donate]

ITT things that should have been in the retail release but were withheld because money.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 03:52 AM   #3
Whiplash
Current Activity: Moderating

Gil: 9,455 [Donate]

Was this game ever about anything else?

Your son is a very sick boy, just look at the X-rays. You see that dark spot there? Whiplash.
Us on Twitter
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 04:21 AM   #4
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,050 [Donate]

A study on extramarital affairs in under 25s?

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 04:41 AM   #5
NotitsMan
hOnK

Gil: 3,570 [Donate]

The real question for me is whether she's playable in her new goddess warrior form or not. Because frankly, if it's old Lightning in her old costume, I couldn't care less.
NotitsMan is offline   Send a message via MSN to NotitsMan Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 06:43 AM   #6
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Gil: 1,520 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Penalty View Post
The real question for me is whether she's playable in her new goddess warrior form or not. Because frankly, if it's old Lightning in her old costume, I couldn't care less.
This.

Also, it would be lulzy if they decide to release the novels in Japan only.

Last edited by Chat Noir; Jan 25 2012 at 06:46 AM..
Chat Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 06:51 AM   #7
Ariana
FOR XV

Gil: 760 [Donate]

Quote:
You hit the nail on the head with this one, DP. If it's XIII Lightning, no thanks.

Ariana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 06:51 AM   #8
Mike
We’re alone now.

Gil: 2,600 [Donate]

...I'm over this game already.

Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 06:52 AM   #9
Ramenzilla
oh my glob

Gil: 1,565 [Donate]

From the DLC trailer they showed before, it's XIII Lightning...but there should be an option to have her in her XIII-2 attire at the very least.

the fifteenth cumming
Ramenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 06:53 AM   #10
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Chocolina as a party member please.
Old Jan 25 2012, 06:53 AM   #11
Ariana
FOR XV

Wait, she was in the DLC trailer?

Old Jan 25 2012, 06:54 AM   #12
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Yes she was, Ari. She was walking into the coliseum, about to face Noel and Serah. In her XIII attire.
Old Jan 25 2012, 06:55 AM   #13
Ariana
FOR XV

Oh. Maybe I should watch that trailer, then.

Edit: Saw it. Fuck that. Not paying for XIII Lightning. No way.

Old Jan 25 2012, 06:57 AM   #14
Ramenzilla
oh my glob

Gil: 1,565 [Donate]

Towards the end of this video, though they advertised it as a colliseum battle so who knows.

the fifteenth cumming
Ramenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 06:58 AM   #15
Chat Noir
durareriroru

Right at the end.

Edit: Ugh Rami ugh
Old Jan 25 2012, 07:37 AM   #16
Ethan
Administrator

Gil: 3,609 [Donate]

Cool .

Ethan is offline   Send a message via MSN to Ethan Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 08:00 AM   #17
Leaferian
Leafé, Raspatil Slayer

Gil: 770 [Donate]

Actually, if Lightning is being added as an actual playable character and not as a Monster Gem then she'll almost certainly have her own Crystarium, set of weapons, and alternate costumes. So her Warrior Goddess is probably a costume she can have, and I'm sure it'll be free if not included with her when you get her in your party.

So calm your tits, people, save the overreacting until we have more information.

Leaferian is offline   Send a message via MSN to Leaferian Send a message via Yahoo to Leaferian Send a message via Skype™ to Leaferian Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 08:05 AM   #18
Ariana
FOR XV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaferian View Post
Actually, if Lightning is being added as an actual playable character and not as a Monster Gem then she'll almost certainly have her own Crystarium, set of weapons, and alternate costumes. So her Warrior Goddess is probably a costume she can have, and I'm sure it'll be free if not included with her when you get her in your party.

So calm your tits, people, save the overreacting until we have more information.

>implying they'd overhaul their entire monster system to allow for a third playable character, when Twilight Odin and Omega Weapon count as monsters too, and Snow is a guest character during his brief moment in the game.

You're cute.

Old Jan 25 2012, 08:05 AM   #19
NotitsMan
hOnK

Gil: 3,570 [Donate]

I wouldn't call it overreacting. The fact of the matter is that we saw a Lightning with her own Crystarium in her old attire with all of her abilities in XIII. I would think it would be understandable that we wouldn't be interested in purchasing old content we already had access to for this new game. However, if it's her new goddess attire and the gameplay and scenarios reflect this, I am completely on board.
NotitsMan is offline   Send a message via MSN to NotitsMan Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25 2012, 08:11 AM   #20
Leaferian
Leafé, Raspatil Slayer

Gil: 770 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
>implying they'd overhaul their entire monster system to allow for a third playable character, when Twilight Odin and Omega Weapon count as monsters too, and Snow is a guest character during his brief moment in the game.

You're cute.
>implying they weren't planning this for months, that they'd even have to change the battle system when it'd be more likely you'd be forced to replace Noel or Serah with the new PC, and that even in the shiniest of systems that a Guest character is anything more than an extra party member with a set of tags that cause it to be controllable only by AI or that this is any different than the monster characters or the extra party members in 13.

And you aren't.

Quote:
I wouldn't call it overreacting. The fact of the matter is that we saw a Lightning with her own Crystarium in her old attire with all of her abilities in XIII. I would think it would be understandable that we wouldn't be interested in purchasing old content we already had access to for this new game. However, if it's her new goddess attire and the gameplay and scenarios reflect this, I am completely on board.
It's overreacting as long as we don't know the details. If the episodic DLC is actually about Lightning like is claimed up there, then I don't think there'll be much to worry about. Hell, if we're REALLY lucky then the Lightning you get in your party will be her right after she got sucked out of the ending of 13 and we'll get to play through her ascension to Warrior Goddess status or something.

I can agree with not wanting something you already had, all I'm saying is that we don't know for sure whether she'll be in old self or not. All we have to go on is the thing of her in her old outfit, and if she's REALLY a PC then like I said she'll probably have multiple costumes. I just think we should wait to find out more before we sharpen our pitchforks and ready the torches.

Last edited by Leaferian; Jan 25 2012 at 08:17 AM..
Leaferian is offline   Send a message via MSN to Leaferian Send a message via Yahoo to Leaferian Send a message via Skype™ to Leaferian Reply With Quote