Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Network > Fabula Nova Crystallis News
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Nov 21 2011, 11:08 PM   #1
Yahtzee
Moomba

Gil: 195 [Donate]
Default Genji Bow Power-Up Pre-Order Bonus From Gamestop.

GameStop PowerUp Rewards FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 Pre-order Exclusive In-Game Weapon

Square Enix and GameStop today announced an exclusive pre-order program for FINAL FANTASY XIII-2. Players will follow Serah as she ventures through time across various worlds in search of her lost sister, Lightning. FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 is developed for the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360, and will be available in North America on Jan. 31, 2012.

PowerUp Rewards members who pre-order FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 at GameStop will receive the exclusive ďGenji BowĒ weapon for Serah. With a unique look for both its sword and bow forms, the Genji Bow allows the player to attack more frequently. The exclusive weapon is retroactive for existing pre-orders, as long as the customer is a PowerUp Rewards member and is purchased/picked up by Feb. 2, 2012.

For more information, visit: http://www.GameStop.com/finalfantasy.

Consumers who pre-order FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 at GameStop will receive an exclusive alternate costume for Serah, visible throughout the game.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 is the sequel to FINAL FANTASY XIII, which has shipped 6.2 million units worldwide since its release in March 2010. The sequel has evolved beyond its predecessor, with an extraordinary level design encouraging exploration, an enhanced battle system allowing players to command monsters and a variety of options that support multiple playthroughs.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 will be available at North American retailers for $59.99 on Jan. 31, 2012. FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 is rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.
Old Nov 21 2011, 11:34 PM   #2
Singularity
1 tree. 1000 matches.

Gil: 2,555 [Donate]

I don't pre-order games, so this isn't much news to me. It annoys me when a developer excludes a piece of in-game content as pre-order exclusive, though.
Singularity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22 2011, 01:14 AM   #3

Gil: 1,965 [Donate]

This is frustrating that Square-Enix is doing stuff like this. Money Money Money.

"I hope you havenít forgotten my role in this little story.

Iím the leading man.

You know what they say about the leading man?

He never dies.
"

-Balthier from Final Fantasy XII

Ffamran mied Bunansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22 2011, 01:28 AM   #4
OnewithaBlade
One Tough Cookie

Gil: 610 [Donate]

the sword looks cool, yeah...
Old Nov 22 2011, 01:37 AM   #5
Ramenzilla
oh my glob

Gil: 1,565 [Donate]

Cool, at least it's a unique weapon instead of a re-color. I'm not crazy about how it looks as a bow, or the wavy blade, but it's ok. *shrug* The one thing about pre-order exclusives that piss me off is if they're not available for purchase later, like in Duodecim, which is beyond dumb.

You know you'd make more money if you let people buy all the DLC eventually, right?

Companies have been using pre-order DLC packages as incentives to get people to actually pre-order their games, it's not a new or surprising concept.

the fifteenth cumming
Ramenzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22 2011, 02:49 AM   #6
Ramenzilla
oh my glob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrgeiz View Post
Killing Jews during Second World War was not a new concept either. But what does it change?
...you're really going to compare the slaughter of thousands and thousands of people to video game marketing?

Quote:
Square, If you want to make FF games becoming nothing more than the resultant of marketing analysis, so be it.

But don't try to persuade me to buy this shit
Easy solution: don't buy it.

I don't see people losing their shit when other video games have pre-order bonuses, what's the big deal now?

the fifteenth cumming
Old Nov 22 2011, 03:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramenzilla View Post

You know you'd make more money if you let people buy all the DLC eventually, right?
I concur. I prefer this option.

I really like the design of this Genji bowblade. Now, I am even more intrigued as to what the ultimate bowblade looks like.

Iím the leading man.

He never dies.
"

Old Nov 22 2011, 03:30 AM   #8
Ethan
Administrator

Gil: 3,909 [Donate]

Glad I just pre ordered my CE while I was working today

Ethan is offline   Send a message via MSN to Ethan Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22 2011, 03:33 AM   #9
Oracle
The thirst is real.

Gil: 7,840 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
Glad I just pre ordered my CE while I was working today
I did mine last week. Pretty sure I have the first pre-order in the store for the CE.
Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22 2011, 05:54 AM   #10
Oracle
The thirst is real.

Gil: 7,840 [Donate]

Quote:
Killing Jews during Second World War was not a new concept either. But what does it change?

Square, If you want to make FF games becoming nothing more than the resultant of marketing analysis, so be it.

But don't try to persuade me to buy this shit
Quote:
Excuse me, but what would it solve actually?

To be more precise, I've decided not to buy this game long before bonuses were announced.

And I am glad that there are still people that will buy this. Thanks to them (you) I can still wait for a good FF game announcement.

How do you know it won't be a good game? Have you played it? Has anyone told you how shitty it is? Oh, what's that? You've only seen commercials and like two trailers with minimal gameplay footage? Has SE sent you a copy months before everyone else? No? Okay then.
Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22 2011, 05:57 AM   #11

I am sure that Ehrgeiz is not the only one that bashes or dislike on this game before it even came out for no good reason, just pointing petty things out to rant about. Just sayin'

Iím the leading man.

He never dies.
"

Last edited by Ffamran mied Bunansa; Nov 22 2011 at 06:01 AM..
Old Nov 22 2011, 06:24 AM   #12
Ramenzilla
oh my glob

Not being interested in a game is fine, but no one is forcing you to 1) buy the game or 2) buy optional DLC for said game.

Inclusion of DLC =/= the holocaust, let's try to be a bit more levelheaded now.

the fifteenth cumming
Old Nov 22 2011, 08:19 AM   #13
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,350 [Donate]

So I just had this crazy idea, right? If you don't want to support pre-order bonuses, don't pre-order. In fact, don't buy on day one at all. Don't even buy within the first week. Wanna really stick it to them? Wait about six months, when they've well and truly stopped caring about anything other than milestones.

Oh wait, none of you can actually be trusted to do that because having the game is more important than making your point. My bad, carry on.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22 2011, 10:15 AM   #14
Ethan
Administrator

This is all really sounding a bit dramatic.

I'm willing to bet some good money that they were already planning a XIII-2. So rather than say it's a second attempt at XIII I really just think it's them, going ahead with a sequel and addressing the problems and complaints from the first game, which, hell is what a company should do when dealing with a sequel.

I wasn't totally sure how much I was here for XIII-2. It looked already, but I wasn't quite sure I was on board, though that had nothing to do with XIII but it had everything to do with XIII-2 which quite frankly is all that it should have anything to do with.

Anyway, long story short, actually played the game, and here I am, got the CE pre-ordered and I'm so ready to play it.

Old Nov 22 2011, 10:26 AM   #15
.simon
Rural Juror

Gil: 800 [Donate]

Opening a door to the invisible world and bring back Etro was the point of FFXIII's plot. Of course other worlds were mentioned - thought it wasn't called Valhalla I'm pretty sure it's the same thing, what with Etro's throne being there and all.

So basically you don't like the game because it wasn't what you expected, you don't like FFXIII-2 because you don't think you can make a good sequel to a shitty game and you don't plan on buying it. What are you doing here? If you wanna bitch about SE there's a thread for there, it's here. Have fun.
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22 2011, 10:50 AM   #16
Ethan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by .simon View Post
Opening a door to the invisible world and bring back Etro was the point of FFXIII's plot. Of course other worlds were mentioned - thought it wasn't called Valhalla I'm pretty sure it's the same thing, what with Etro's throne being there and all.

So basically you don't like the game because it wasn't what you expected, you don't like FFXIII-2 because you don't think you can make a good sequel to a shitty game and you don't plan on buying it. What are you doing here? If you wanna bitch about SE there's a thread for there, it's here. Have fun.
LOL! He actually already posted in there recently, first post in there since June...

Quite frankly I'd like to see that thread used a bit more, mostly so I don't have to read through all the bitching in normal threads.

Old Nov 22 2011, 01:09 PM   #17
.simon
Rural Juror

Gil: 800 [Donate]

Quote:
I have the right to complain in a thread concerning games
Except for the fact that you're talking about what you didn't like in FFXIII in a thread about a weapon in FFXIII-2. Not that I'm surprised.
.simon is offline   Send a message via MSN to .simon Reply With Quote