Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Community > General Gaming
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Mar 12 2011, 05:27 AM   #21
Agustazz
Faggy McBitchin' Tits

Gil: 3,275 [Donate]

That was obviously going to happen. You think the company didn't give a shit about all the fuzz this guy caused? Still, you agree to play by the rules of someone, obey those rules. I'm not saying if EA's EULA is correct or not (I think it's not), but if you agree with it, then don't complain.
Now everyone in this conflict is famous, that is the wonderful world we live in.

Agustazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12 2011, 05:34 AM   #22
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Gil: 7,050 [Donate]

You think the ToS is wrong but since its been agreed to, you can't voice your dissatisfaction? That's disturbing. I could toss out more analogies, but it won't change anything.

[20th January 09:05:11] Aurelia I don't speak diva. I speak human being.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Agent Dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12 2011, 05:45 AM   #23
Agustazz
Faggy McBitchin' Tits

I didn't agree to EA's ToS Shannon, this guy did.
And I can't be dissatisfied with something I had no problems with.
You can't expect to be satisfied with everyone's rules. Don't like, don't do it. And if you do, don't complain.
Besides, that was obviously not a system glitch. Way to avoid being sued!

Old Mar 12 2011, 05:54 AM   #24
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agustazz View Post
I didn't agree to EA's ToS Shannon, this guy did.
Clearly what I meant, bravo.

I still think you're incredibly wrong. Your logic is frightening and dangerous.

[20:42:05] Whiplash I'm never going to use my maternity leave, why can't I exchange it for period leave?
Old Mar 12 2011, 05:57 AM   #25
Agustazz
Faggy McBitchin' Tits

We're not going to agree. Not that is a bad thing tho.
What I should admit is that I've never read EA's ToS. I'm gonna Google it like now so I can be 100% sure of all the things I've said.

EDIT: I read it.

Last edited by Agustazz; Mar 12 2011 at 06:14 AM..
Old Mar 12 2011, 07:01 AM   #26
Whiplash
Current Activity: Moderating

Gil: 9,455 [Donate]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Dunham View Post
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...on/#more-53695

This move reeks of damage control. Guy brings up the issue with Bioware, gets told that it's the way the system is supposed to work. Guy contacts EA Live Support, gets told that it's the way the system is supposed to work. News outlets and online communities start blasting EA. EA immediately ends suspension, says that it's NOT the way the system is supposed to work. Left hand, right hand, etc.

Fears not allayed. The suspension can be reversed, but the situation cannot be undone.
You don't feel comforted at all by the knowledge that kicking up enough of a fuss about it in the gaming community is enough to get the company to completely reverse their decision? That even if an injustice is wrought, you have alternative recourse to that provided by the company? All hail Negative Publicitia, Goddess of Gamer Vengeance!

I don't feel well.

Your son is a very sick boy, just look at the X-rays. You see that dark spot there? Whiplash.
Us on Twitter
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12 2011, 08:43 AM   #27
Agent Dunham
TRAB PU KCIP

Maybe instead of banning people, they should throw more money at Madness Returns.

Old Mar 12 2011, 09:01 PM   #28
NotitsMan
hOnK

Gil: 3,570 [Donate]

Don't be a dick, you don't get the stick. It's their community on their servers, their product that they developed, and if you violate the agreements that you never read then you get what you get. That's like bitching that you get tossed in jail because you broke a law. The fact of the matter is that when he agreed to the terms of service to get access to the service, breaking them was ample grounds for him to get banned from them. That's just as fair as it gets.
NotitsMan is offline   Send a message via MSN to NotitsMan Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12 2011, 09:11 PM   #29
Mr. Biggles
Bit Charlie

Gil: 300 [Donate]

Meanwhile, I'm having fun playing DA2

(Stay away from the official boards, somebody has already spoiled the "big boss" for me)
Old Mar 13 2011, 09:56 PM   #30
Aurelia
FOR XV

Gil: 2,245 [Donate]

Half of you behave as if the law cannot be bent (or in a lot of cases, be brought forth to court) or that all laws are good laws. Here's an example, in the state of Texas it is illegal to "take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing."

Honestly it's people like you that prevent social revolutions from happening because you are too busy being staunch rule conformists.

Aurelia is offline   Send a message via AIM to Aurelia Send a message via MSN to Aurelia Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13 2011, 11:46 PM   #31
NotitsMan
hOnK

Gil: 3,570 [Donate]

That is a completely wild, generalized and sweeping accusation. All I'm asserting is the right of the company to ban/deny service as they see fit if their terms of service are violated. If you agree to those terms of service, you have no standing to bitch if service is denied when you break them. If you don't agree to the terms of service, then don't use the service, and don't hit 'I agree'. It's just that simple. I guess if that makes me a conformist preventing positive change in society in your eyes, well, think what you gotta think. Some laws are stupid, some agreements are unfair, but nobody forced this guy to agree to anything. He used their service and made the agreement to gain access to it. If they cut him off when he doesn't follow that agreement, it's only fair.

Obviously, he has every right to appeal the decision. In some cases, yes, the law can be and is bent in favor of things working smoothly. But the point is that the ban was completely within the rights of the company, and they were not wrong for deciding to exercise their rights just because you disagree with their actions. Obviously, I'm aware laws can, do and must change. I vote for equal marriage rights, stem cell research, all that good stuff. But I don't think this person's rights were violated in any way, even if the punishment didn't fit the crime.
NotitsMan is offline   Send a message via MSN to NotitsMan Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14 2011, 03:47 AM   #32
Agustazz
Faggy McBitchin' Tits

You just don't insult someone in his own house.
He could do it elsewhere, but chose Bioware forums. You're so clever, bravo!

Old Mar 14 2011, 04:35 AM   #33
Alextation
First Sword

Gil: 630 [Donate]

What a bunch of children.