Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Fabula Nova Crystallis > Final Fantasy XIII > FFXIII Spoiler Discussion & Questions
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Aug 10 2010, 11:20 PM   #1
Chron_
Awaiting input . . .

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default Who else thought the story escelated too quickly?

For the first like 10 chapters, they were just aimlessly poking around, and then all of a sudden, they're jammed into Eden by bart, know to go right to edenhall, luckily end up in orphan's cradle, and then kill orphan even though they hadn't originally planned to. Then, after that, Vanille and Fang just kind of winged it, and got lucky.

I think that the story wasn't fully developed, and that the main characters were pushed around way too much.

Last edited by Chron_; Aug 10 2010 at 11:25 PM..
Chron_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10 2010, 11:22 PM   #2
Falsate
Ixion

Gil: 300 [Donate]

*Moved to Spoilers*

Keep in mind, certain people have yet to play this game.
Falsate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10 2010, 11:23 PM   #3
Chron_
Awaiting input . . .

i thought the spoilers section was for gameplay?

Old Aug 10 2010, 11:54 PM   #4
dreadbott 905
Strat builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chron_ View Post
i thought the spoilers section was for gameplay?
it is, but it's also for storyline,characters and whatnot.

just think like someone who's never played the game before and ask yourself
" do i want do know this before i buy the game?" thats what i do

but anyway yeh i do recon it did, its like they ran out of time and just said
"fuck it... final boss. NOW" pure lazyness, but you can't blame SE considering how good the game turn out in the end (EPIC!!!!) so im not realy fussed.

Still a brilliant game...

Pink = Characters and roles
green = weapons and accessories
Blue = damage and attacks
Orange = locals, Chapters and missions
red = enemies and bosses

Active since 3/08/2010

=905=
dreadbott 905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11 2010, 12:49 AM   #5
Toreadore
Internet Police

the whole game had some sort of weird sense of pace.
Like they give you nothing at the beginning and then bump everything at the end and too much at one point is....well too much...
Old Aug 11 2010, 07:37 AM   #6
Thula
Peanut Butterless

Honestly, can't say I particularly liked the last chapaters, but like in all FFs, the party suddenly decides to stop wandering around and casually finds the right place where big baddie is hiding snoozing/waiting for them to take his life.

I'd like FFs a whole lot more if it was not for their last parts
Old Aug 11 2010, 07:37 AM   #7
Thula
Peanut Butterless

Honestly, can't say I particularly liked the last chapaters, but like in all FFs, the party suddenly decides to stop wandering around and casually finds the right place where big baddie is hiding snoozing/waiting for them to take his life.

Old Aug 11 2010, 09:08 AM   #8
Toreadore
Internet Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuyu's evil minion View Post

to some extent yes, although in older FF you would have the constant feeling like you were persuing the bad guy, as if you were on the right track. Whereas the whole chapter 11 makes you forget about why is it that you actually fighting and with whom.
Old Aug 11 2010, 09:28 AM   #9
Thula
Peanut Butterless

I don't think there was ever a moment where they forgot/lost sight of their main goal aka destroying Cocoon.
They feel the pressure because the l'Cie mark is changing, and they get more consciuous on what's gonna happen, depending on thier actions, and question themselves on what's the right thing to do.

But yeah, the fact they don't actually know who is behind all this makes it feel impersonal and also the fact that the last boss has no actual conflict with the characters is kinda shit, though I don't think it's rushed.
In older FFs you actually know or think you know who is the mastermind behind things.
Though it's often a laze around and fight him multiple times before deciding to finally nuke him definitely because god, it's already 40 hours they're going form one point to another of the world doing useless shit.
Old Aug 11 2010, 09:36 AM   #10
Chron_
Awaiting input . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuyu's evil minion View Post
I don't think there was ever a moment where they forgot/lost sight of their main goal aka destroying Cocoon.
They feel the pressure because the l'Cie mark is changing, and they get more consciuous on what's gonna happen, depending on thier actions, and question themselves on what's the right thing to do.

But yeah, the fact they don't actually know who is behind all this makes it feel impersonal and also the fact that the last boss has no actual conflict with the characters is kinda shit, though I don't think it's rushed.
In older FFs you actually know or think you know who is the mastermind behind things.
Though it's often a laze around and fight him multiple times before deciding to finally nuke him definitely because god, it's already 40 hours they're going form one point to another of the world doing useless shit.
Well they did have a defnite conflict with Barthandelus, who, if my suppositions are right, was a part of Orphan. Remember when they killed him for the 3rd time and hef ell in that pool, and then out came Orphan? Well the VA for the dark portion of Orphan sounded a lot like Barthandelus - so i think they DID have some sort of relation to the final boss, and they did have to fight him multiple times.