Go Back   Final Fantasy XIII Forums > Square-Enix > Final Fantasy > Final Fantasy XI
Register Forum Rules FAQChatbox Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old May 07 2010, 09:02 PM   #1
meteor
FF slut

Gil: 0 [Donate]
Default Final Fantasy IX confirmed for NA PSN

Odds seemed good that North American gamers would not be excluded when Square Enix announced in Japan last monththat Final Fantasy IX would be rereleased through the PlayStation Network. After all, the publisher has within the past year revived its heralded original PlayStation classics Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII through the online platform in the US, as well as other regions around the world.
Sure enough, Square Enix has now confirmed FFIX for a North American release through the PSN. In a brief post to Sony's official PlayStation Blog, Square Enix VP of marketing Ami Blaire noted that the role-playing game can be played through both the PlayStation 3 and PSP. The publisher expects to announce additional information, including a release date, "soon."

Originally released in 2000 on the original PlayStation, Final Fantasy IX documents the travails of the plucky youth Zidane, who hatches a plan to make off with Princess Garnet. The game also introduces fan-favorite black mage Vivi.

link: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6261589...es%3Btitle%3B4
Old May 07 2010, 09:05 PM   #2
CrazyRayZ
Atma Weapon

Gil: 300 [Donate]

sorry but for me IX stunk. if you liked it then congrats. thanks for the heads up
Old May 07 2010, 09:27 PM   #3
Mike
Were alone now.

Gil: 2,600 [Donate]

Did anyone expect it not to be released in NA?

Old May 07 2010, 09:29 PM   #4
Agustazz
Faggy McBitchin' Tits

Gil: 3,255 [Donate]

Theres already a thread regarding FF IX PSN release...

Old May 07 2010, 09:34 PM   #5
Plastic74
That one guy

i havent played IX. it looks too cartoony to get into.. or kiddish. i dunno if i should give it a try when it comes out for psn. i bought Vlll and it was an ok game.. not all that good like a thread in here states but i wouldve never bought it if it wasnt for the decent reviews you guys gave it. so hows IX?.. or is there a thread about IX already?.. ill search
Old May 07 2010, 09:38 PM   #6
meteor
FF slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic74 View Post
i havent played IX. it looks too cartoony to get into.. or kiddish. i dunno if i should give it a try when it comes out for psn. i bought Vlll and it was an ok game.. not all that good like a thread in here states but i wouldve never bought it if it wasnt for the decent reviews you guys gave it. so hows IX?.. or is there a thread about IX already?.. ill search
I personally find FF IX much better than FFVIII , that cartoony style is something you get used too.
Old May 08 2010, 08:25 AM   #7
Moklin

Gil: 1,040 [Donate]

IX has, artistically speaking, the best graphics i ever saw in a videogame.

I played it one year ago and there were moments that i kept my mouth open for minutes.

The story is very clever and good too, the only problem i found was the combats. It was too easy and repetitive. However i completed the game in a run, i believe there are tons of hiden summons,bosses and equipments that make the gameplay better.
Old May 08 2010, 12:39 PM   #8
Ethan
Administrator

Gil: 3,519 [Donate]

OK, Let's start with the facts.

First, I know they are similar, but in the end XI (11) does not equal IX (9). Wrong section. I mean hey, even I've made this mistake before...

But.

Second, did this confirmation really need its own thread? No. There is already a thread on FFIX's re-release and if you searched the forums like you are supposed to you would have found that fairly quickly.

Ethan is offline   Send a message via MSN to Ethan
Closed Thread