Date: June 7th, 2011 Author: Kitmitsu
News Category: Final Fantasy XIII-2
Tags: E3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Square Enix
The European Square Enix Member’s Blog has posted a hands-on account of Final Fantasy XIII-2 and has new details to reveal about the game. Here is the bullet-pointed summary they posted on their blog explaining most of the new features. To see the full descriptions of some of these key points, check out the full article in the link below.
• While still a deeply story-driven game, FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 has a higher emphasis on giving the player choices to make throughout the game. More branching paths, more hidden secrets, more exploration.
• Level design sees you returning to unlocked environments to access hidden areas as the game progresses.
• A self-contained story set after the events of FINAL FANTASY XIII. XIII-2’s story will be darker and more mysterious.
• All-new playable characters (Serah and Noel), plus the return of fan favourites from FINAL FANTASY XIII.
• The return of the much loved Moogle. A treasure hunter at heart, he will seek out hidden chests.
• Recruit monsters who will aid you in battle, each with unique abilities